Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

EA Sports has just posted the NCAA Football 12 title update #2 details. The patch is currently on schedule to release before the end of the month, no exact date, as of yet.

Before getting to the details of the update, I want to take a moment to thank you, the NCAA Football community, for all of your patience and assistance during the past couple of weeks. A great many of you share the same passion for this game as we do, and you did everything possible to help identify issues, and provide the necessary details - not just to help make a game better, but to make your game better. If you are reading this, you are a member of the most dedicated community in gaming, and for that we are truly grateful. Now, on to the details:

Week Advance Anywhere
  • As a token of our appreciation, we’re happy to announce that as of today “Week Advance Anywhere” on the web is now available for use, and that this feature will be FREE for everyone to use.
Custom Playbooks
  • With this Title Update the missing play issue that led to a number of problems when using Custom Playbooks has been fixed. Not only is the issue fixed, but you will not need to recreate your playbooks! Any existing playbook will have the fix applied, and you will be able to continue using that playbook without issue.
Tendencies
  • As with the Custom Playbooks resolution, the fix to the issue of edited player tendencies changing will not negate any previously edited roster file. The fix will be applied to both those existing files, as well as any new roster file that is created.
  • If you are in a Dynasty or Online Dynasty you will not need to restart as long as your Dynasty is still in year one and you have not advanced past “Training Results” in the off-season. If you are before this point, the update will be applied to your existing Dynasty/Online Dynasty and the tendencies will be correct for all players going forward. If you are in year two and beyond, the tendency issue impact will be less and less as the players graduate/are cut from the rosters.
  • In addition to the tendencies issue, we have also included both the ability to edit height and weight for players, as well as the option to edit the rosters of CPU controlled teams. In an Online Dynasty the commissioner will have the ability to edit the rosters for other human controlled teams. These were both big requests from you in the community.
  • Finally, a bug was fixed with the profanity filter that was preventing many common names from being entered. Now, any name can be entered, for offline use. A profanity filter is applied to Online Dynasty when the Dynasty is created. If you prefer to opt out of this filter, you can set the Dynasty to Private and the profanity check will not run.
Freezes/Crashes
  • A major focus for this Title Update was to address any freezes/crashes that were found. There were a number of these issues fixed in this Title Update including a crash that occurred when there were multiple TeamBuilder teams in an Online Dynasty, as well as a crash that occurred during the downloading of an Online Dynasty file.
Gameplay
  • Increased the acceleration of QB’s on Speed Option plays.
  • Improved WR blocking, especially on option plays
  • Fixed an issue where defenders assigned to play the curl to flat/buzz zone did not engage immediately when the QB scrambles past the LOS.
  • Fixed an issue where safeties with inside deep ¼ zone would drop back instead of read-and-react on run plays.
  • Fixed an issue in Nickel Cover 3 where the flat zone defender didn’t move as the QB was running at them.
  • Fixed an issue with Double Outs from 4-2-5 Normal where the RLB wasn’t blocked properly vs. certain formations.
Highlights
  • Fixed an issue that caused a blank photo to be uploaded leading to issues with other highlights being uploaded.
Dynasty
  • Fixed an issue in Online Dynasty where injured players did not remain injured when the week advanced.
  • Fixed an issue where a player’s injury time was only reduced by one week when going from Conference Championship week to Bowl Season. Players will now be back for their Bowl game if they should be off of the IR when their bowl game is played.
  • Fixed an issue where coaches that changed jobs could get stuck in a state where they were still listed as coaching at their old school on the Players Leaving screen, leading to a Transfer Failed issue.
  • Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented Dynasties from advancing to the post season.
  • Fixed an issue with the schedule that prevented entering the Virginia Tech vs. Boston College game (fixed for both Dynasty and RTG).
  • Fixed an issue where recruiting related trophies/achievements were not unlocked properly if you signed an extension in that season.
  • Fixed an issue with Program Stability where the grade would drop from A+ to D+ in one season.
  • Fixed an issue with the Unlock All Promises PDLC not unlocking properly on the Dynasty website.
  • When viewing an Online Dynasty invite, added information to show what type of job can be selected by default.
  • Fixed an issue when in the off-season where player stats did not match up between the web and console.
RTG
  • Fixed an issue where CB’s could not audible after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.
  • Fixed an issue where HB’s could not flip the play after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.
  • Fixed an issue where player’s online stats were not displaying promptly on the Online Leaderboards.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 WazzuRC @ 08/02/11 05:41 PM
I also hope any tuner update fixes the pump fake lag problem.

# 102 N51_rob @ 08/02/11 05:44 PM
I hate to be a negative nelly, but I don't see any mention of the fact that if in RTG you play every game as a QB you will have arm strength in the mid to high 60's or the fact that if you play on Heisman the CPU teams will attempt FG from 53 yards and out to as far a 60 when they have no chance at making them.

Not a deal killer but I don't understand how those don't make the cut. Especially when it seems like there won't be any tuner updates coming in the near future.

So, I give EA props for addressing many issued, but I don't understand how those two don't get any attention.

# 103 SGMRock @ 08/02/11 05:45 PM
They obviously put this out quickly to address the issues with freezing and Dynasty advancing issues. Bugs that ruin the game completely were addressed first. I'm sure title update #3 is already in the works and will tweek a lot of the gameplay issues mentioned by people that were not fixed.

# 104 DJ @ 08/02/11 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
To everyone talking about the 4 verts and safety issues not being addresses---this is what the Tuner Packs were designed for.

Expect a the first tuner around the same time as the patch.
Hopefully the tuners will do more good than harm. I was glad that EA added tuners to NCAA 11, until they were implented and wound up doing some bad things to the gameplay.

# 105 tHurley2010 @ 08/02/11 05:46 PM
It's incredible that no matter what EA does, more people complain than appreciate. Super LBs and Psychic DBs can be fixed by sliders, I have them fixed...just look at Matt10's slider settings.

EA has done a great job working on getting this patch out and they addressed all the MAJOR issues.

It amazes me that no matter what you do, people are still going to complain. They have no idea how much of a job it is to work at EA.

# 106 TDenverFan @ 08/02/11 05:50 PM
Awesome! Simply awesome!

# 107 mva5580 @ 08/02/11 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tHurley2010
It's incredible that no matter what EA does, more people complain than appreciate. Super LBs and Psychic DBs can be fixed by sliders, I have them fixed...just look at Matt10's slider settings.

EA has done a great job working on getting this patch out and they addressed all the MAJOR issues.

It amazes me that no matter what you do, people are still going to complain. They have no idea how much of a job it is to work at EA.
Respones like this always crack me up.

It's their J-O-B to do the things that they're doing. There's no reason for any of us to get on our hands and knees and worship at the altar of EA Sports when they're doing what they're supposed to be doing. They don't make video games for free, they do it for a living. If there are problems with the game, you release a patch(es) to fix them. Period, end of story. I'm not going to go out of my way to be forever grateful to people who are doing the minimum of what is expected of them.

You want me to truly appreciate EA Sports? Then let me see them go above and beyond the call of duty. Pretty sad when anymore you could say going above and beyond would just be shipping a game that didn't have any crippling issues on Day 1. Or come out with a game that doesn't break something which worked perfectly the year before. Like crowd/atmosphere audio.

# 108 dizturbdazhole @ 08/02/11 05:57 PM
Week Advance Anywhere
  • As a token of our appreciation, we’re happy to announce that as of today “Week Advance Anywhere” on the web is now available for use, and that this feature will be FREE for everyone to use.
CANNOT FIND ON THE WEBSITE!

as of today...now available for use - wouldn't this mean that I should see a button for this option right now?

# 109 Armor and Sword @ 08/02/11 06:00 PM
Well I am half way through year 2 of my current dynasty. I was ignoring the bug and found the game to be a blast despite that.

But I found a simple solution at least for me. Because I am not a completely anal guy about NCAA rosters I will do a restart but edit my first year roster to some of the great recruits I landed in year one.

No biggie.

Besides If I happen to land some of the same guys...I will edit their names to something different.

As far as the update, I am very pleased. But like many here I truly hope the Safety play is tuned via live tuners.

Otherwise a fine update.

# 110 PowerofRed25 @ 08/02/11 06:04 PM
Having had a bit to digest the patch information, I think the biggest question for me is how WR blocking changes will impact that cheating CPU run D. Will WR's cut off the CB's that automatically rush run side? Will the CB's not do that any more? Will it not impact it at all?

I can deal with the super linebackers (barely), I can adjust to compensate for coverage problems on the deep ball but it is difficult to compensate for 180lb CB's rushing off the edge because they know a run is coming and then stopping a RB cold in his tracks. I could theoretically compensate for it if pulling blockers and lead blocks actually worked, but they do not.

I will hold out hope that fixing the WR blocking on options also helps the WR's block that auto-rush by the CB.

# 111 ODogg @ 08/02/11 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
Respones like this always crack me up.

It's their J-O-B to do the things that they're doing. There's no reason for any of us to get on our hands and knees and worship at the altar of EA Sports when they're doing what they're supposed to be doing. They don't make video games for free, they do it for a living. If there are problems with the game, you release a patch(es) to fix them. Period, end of story. I'm not going to go out of my way to be forever grateful to people who are doing the minimum of what is expected of them.

You want me to truly appreciate EA Sports? Then let me see them go above and beyond the call of duty. Pretty sad when anymore you could say going above and beyond would just be shipping a game that didn't have any crippling issues on Day 1. Or come out with a game that doesn't break something which worked perfectly the year before. Like crowd/atmosphere audio.
Ok, just so I get this straight, EA deserves full criticism when they make a mistake(s) but no credit when they do the right thing because it's "their job"?

# 112 bad_philanthropy @ 08/02/11 06:13 PM
Really good start. Hopefully we get a third patch later to address some of the cosmetic issues and lesser bugs and glitches.

# 113 LionsFanNJ @ 08/02/11 06:14 PM
fixing the roster glitch, Custom playbook fixes and unlocking the height and weight in dynasty? great news. Now I want it here yesterday. lol.

# 114 IndianBird @ 08/02/11 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
They didn't address the lack of punt blocks and FG blocks either. ROBO kicking needs to come to an end. I am tired of playing game after game and not have one punt blocked or FG blocked.

My punts and FGs NEVER get blocked. Special teams kicking way too automatic in this series. No blocks, no bad holds, no anything.

Everything is always perfect and automatic.
I've blocked 4 or 5 kicks already. It's all timing. Certainly not broken.

# 115 ChubbyBanana @ 08/02/11 06:15 PM
Was hoping for more gameplay fixes like juke/spin effectiveness and Vertical Leap Corrections.

But I'll take what I can get. I like what they're planning. I'm just greedy and want more

# 116 BadAssHskr @ 08/02/11 06:16 PM
this list of fixes is outstanding for me.

i don't have many game play issues, and am very impressed with the game.

even better news for me is that i just restarted my dynasty 2 days ago, and can go on in full confidence that i won't have to start over when the tendencies are fixed!

awesome news EA, great news to hear it'll be out asap.

# 117 jimkel @ 08/02/11 06:17 PM
probably a dumb question, but the week advance anywhere, is there a link to it?

# 118 Solidice @ 08/02/11 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkel
probably a dumb question, but the week advance anywhere, is there a link to it?
It's at the dynasty website. http://www.easports.com/dynasty

for now, I believe it's under the auto-pilot option on the left side of the dynasty Hub page.

# 119 J-Unit40 @ 08/02/11 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianBird
I've blocked 4 or 5 kicks already. It's all timing. Certainly not broken.
If you read his post closely, he refers to the "CPU" blocking kicks. Sure, I (we) can block kicks here and there, but the CPU will NEVER block your kick.

The special teams department needs some improvement next year because that part of the game is lacking in my book.

# 120 mike24forever @ 08/02/11 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Ok, just so I get this straight, EA deserves full criticism when they make a mistake(s) but no credit when they do the right thing because it's "their job"?
You've hit the nail on the head! Thread likes these, keep filling up my ignore user list.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.