Home
Madden 12 News Post

ESPN The Gamer has posted the Madden NFL 12 player ratings for the Denver Broncos and Kansas City Chiefs.

Are there any changes you would like to see, or are they just about right?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Broncos86 @ 08/03/11 10:33 AM
Oooh! Made my morning!

Edit:

Oof, very low Orlando Franklin, that'll change I think. Same with Eddie Royal. Eric Decker will go up. Everyone else, I can't really complain about. Tebow looks about right, except for the "starting QB" jazz. I think Donny Moore shafted Orton's throwing power a smidge, but nothing criminal.

This will be a "prove it" year for the Broncos.

# 2 jyoung @ 08/03/11 10:35 AM
Jamaal Charles

98 speed
98 acceleration
98 agility
99 elusiveness
98 juke

# 3 KCsFinest5 @ 08/03/11 10:36 AM
The Chiefs seem fairly rated. Of course I would gripe about a few things but what self-respecting fan wouldn't? Another great job by the EA team.

# 4 KCsFinest5 @ 08/03/11 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Jamaal Charles

98 speed
98 acceleration
98 agility
99 elusiveness
98 juke

Jamaal may be the best offensive player in Madden this year, where speed is king.

# 5 brettford @ 08/03/11 10:51 AM
Yea they look pretty good to me too. I am a little surprised by Jamaal Charles' Trucking of 73.

Not that 73 is a super high number, but I would have thought of something a little lower.

Dwayne Bowe....! 97 Jump, 95 Spectacular Catch, 98 Catch in Traffic. Yea buddy.

Offense is full of weapons... Bowe and Baldwin can go up and grab anything. McCluster is in the mid 90s speed and acceleration. TE Moeaki has good speed and great catching. Charles will be best player in the game practically... Don't forget about Steve Breaston in the mix. They have so many options.

# 6 ANDROMADA 1 @ 08/03/11 11:14 AM
Quote:
Jamaal Charles

98 speed
98 acceleration
98 agility
99 elusiveness
98 juke

Gale Sayers is that you? I love all things Texas but that is a bit much. Again why do players such as Charles get faster and other players get slower for no apparent reason. Now I'm curious about his 40 time in the combine.

# 7 TheKingOfVa @ 08/03/11 11:33 AM
Quote:
Jamaal Charles

98 speed
98 acceleration
98 agility
99 elusiveness
98 juke

Whoa, he's going to be unstoppable

# 8 one5beast @ 08/03/11 11:35 AM
It says Jamaal Charles name when its supposed to be Knowshon Moreno

# 9 brettford @ 08/03/11 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
Gale Sayers is that you? I love all things Texas but that is a bit much. Again why do players such as Charles get faster and other players get slower for no apparent reason. Now I'm curious about his 40 time in the combine.

From wikipedia

"On March 11, 2006, Charles placed fourth in the NCAA 60-meter indoor track and field championship finals. On May 14, 2006 Charles captured his first conference title and the third Big 12 100-meter title for Texas by winning the event in 10.23 at the Big 12 outdoor meet. He led the 200 meter race after the preliminary round but elected not to participate in the final, as Texas had the Big 12 team title well in hand. On June 10, at the NCAA outdoor competition, Charles took a fifth in the 100 meter finals, edging out UTEP's stand-out sprinter Churandy Martina (sixth place), who earlier in the year ran a 9.76 (wind-aided) 100-meters. Charles also placed seventh in the 200 meter finals, and ran the third leg of the 4 x 100 Texas Longhorn relay team, earning a fifth place in the finals. Charles' efforts helped the Longhorns earn a third place showing for the men's track and field team, the highest since a second place finish at the 1997 NCAA finals. Thus, Charles completed his first collegiate track season as a four-time All-American (60m indoor, 100m outdoor, 200m outdoor, 4x100m relay outdoor)."

# 10 ANDROMADA 1 @ 08/03/11 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettford
From wikipedia

"On March 11, 2006, Charles placed fourth in the NCAA 60-meter indoor track and field championship finals. On May 14, 2006 Charles captured his first conference title and the third Big 12 100-meter title for Texas by winning the event in 10.23 at the Big 12 outdoor meet. He led the 200 meter race after the preliminary round but elected not to participate in the final, as Texas had the Big 12 team title well in hand. On June 10, at the NCAA outdoor competition, Charles took a fifth in the 100 meter finals, edging out UTEP's stand-out sprinter Churandy Martina (sixth place), who earlier in the year ran a 9.76 (wind-aided) 100-meters. Charles also placed seventh in the 200 meter finals, and ran the third leg of the 4 x 100 Texas Longhorn relay team, earning a fifth place in the finals. Charles' efforts helped the Longhorns earn a third place showing for the men's track and field team, the highest since a second place finish at the 1997 NCAA finals. Thus, Charles completed his first collegiate track season as a four-time All-American (60m indoor, 100m outdoor, 200m outdoor, 4x100m relay outdoor)."
I'm well aware that Charles IS fast and did run track. The bias is players in Madden that have faster 40 times than him are mysteriously slower and continue to regress for no apparent reason. Yet this guy gets faster and plays one of the most physical positions in football. What is the logic behind that? By that standard Chris Johnson should be like a 108 or something. Mcfadden, who had a better 4o time should be over 100 too. Thats all I'm saying. Either bring Charles speed down or bump up the other players that are just as fast IRL if not faster.

Edit: I could not find his combine time.

# 11 KCsFinest5 @ 08/03/11 02:31 PM
Quote:
I'm well aware that Charles IS fast and did run track. The bias is players in Madden that have faster 40 times than him are mysteriously slower and continue to regress for no apparent reason. Yet this guy gets faster and plays one of the most physical positions in football. What is the logic behind that? By that standard Chris Johnson should be like a 108 or something. Mcfadden, who had a better 4o time should be over 100 too. Thats all I'm saying. Either bring Charles speed down or bump up the other players that are just as fast IRL if not faster.

Edit: I could not find his combine time.
It was around a 4.4. HOWEVER, many would argue (using the eye test), that Charles is the first/second fastest man on a FOOTBALL field. If the game was Madden Combine 12 you would have a beef. The guy had a great year and is quick as can be, the madden people rated him accordingly in my eyes.

# 12 ANDROMADA 1 @ 08/03/11 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCsFinest5
It was around a 4.4. HOWEVER, many would argue (using the eye test), that Charles is the first/second fastest man on a FOOTBALL field. If the game was Madden Combine 12 you would have a beef. The guy had a great year and is quick as can be, the madden people rated him accordingly in my eyes.
I get all that. You didn't offer an explanation as to how Charles got "faster" in direct comparison to players on his same speed level that got slower.

# 13 db56 @ 08/03/11 03:31 PM
The Broncos O line gets no love once again...

everything else is ok.

# 14 KCsFinest5 @ 08/03/11 03:41 PM
Quote:
I get all that. You didn't offer an explanation as to how Charles got "faster" in direct comparison to players on his same speed level that got slower.
An effort to boost overall rating would be my best guess. He had a historic year when it came to YPC so they were feeling the pressure to make him an elite back.

# 15 Automatik @ 08/03/11 05:00 PM
Madden stats are always inflated. Dawkins 87 are you kidding me? Demaryius Thomas shoul not have 96 speed, the guy tore his achillies, and Von Miller speed should be 90 the dude ran sub 4.5 as a LB.

# 16 happymadison @ 08/03/11 05:26 PM
Eric berry with an awareness of 66? come on he had a great rookie season for a safety, here's his stats from 16 games

2 sacks 4 ints 102 int yd's 92 solo tackle's 15 ast tackle's

not sure of his passes defensed

# 17 happymadison @ 08/03/11 05:49 PM
does anyone remember what the chiefs and raiders were rated in madden 11?

# 18 Chiefsfan881129 @ 08/03/11 05:53 PM
i think charles got faster because EA Mis Rated his speed the last couple years for whatever reason he should of been 98 or 99 speed all along as when he gets by ya you won't catch him

but yes the chiefs are going to be fun this year disprite baldwin 71 ovr rating his other stats look impressive and for a guy his size 6-4 228 and has 91 speed that amzingly sick! as donny said the ovr does not mean much nor does it tell the whole story

looking at justin houston ratings yea he 64 ovr rating sucks but i look at his spd 80 and his tackle rating 84 and see he has a ton of abilty

plus looking at powe a 60 ovr is kinda low plus for a dude who is lised as 6-2 and 335 his str should be higher then a 91 i say more like 93 tru 96 plus his ovr should be more like 64 or 65 as he way better then kendrick ellis and play better compentition in the SEC

and his protential is off the charts and i get the feeling he is going to be a star in this league someday plus his tackling should be a little better however the good thing is the roster updates can fix those hopefully he will get a chance to prove himself so donny will bump him because he is no doubt the future at NT in KC Go Chiefs!

also add the fact that the Chiefs Just signed Baltimore FB Le Ron McClain, Charles now has a lead blocker and will only be more dangous!

anyway the ratings seem to be right with the exception of a few that disagree with but i am sure will improve once the season gets started go chiefs!

# 19 azdawgpound @ 08/03/11 07:07 PM
Quote:

actually those ratings are the same as he was in 11 im looking @ his stats right now so nothing got higher.

# 20 azdawgpound @ 08/03/11 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by happymadison
does anyone remember what the chiefs and raiders were rated in madden 11?

chiefs were an 83 raiders were a 78

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.