Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 BlackJackRabbit @ 08/03/11 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s
Agreed, but what's up with the Eagles user running around like a chicken with hishead cut off on defense...smh.
Yeah, dude obviously has no clue about football. He was taking the MLB all over the place when his assignment (on many plays) was a short zone in the middle of the field.

# 22 falconfansince81 @ 08/03/11 04:40 PM
is it just me or does the game speed still look too fast? intros were done very good as well. i guess i am just not a gus johnson fan...hes a good commentator and all for something like NBA jam, but for me his voice doesn't say gridiron. like others pointed out the guy usering the LB seemed to recover pretty quickly from those erratic moves in the backfield...maybe its just the game speed but i wouldn't think one should be able to shift directions side to side so quickly...was hoping this got toned down a bit from m11.

# 23 JayD @ 08/03/11 04:43 PM
After watching the video again I did notice that the lighting was way to dark, a small aspect to a great looking game but something that caught my eye.

# 24 blklightning @ 08/03/11 04:59 PM
i used to hate seeing ea sports plastered on the presentation. but this new look is pretty awesome. looks good enough to think that ea sports have their own sports channel. when they said tv style presentation, they weren't lying. i love it all.

and for all you hand towel nerds, they have letters and stuff on them now. how cool is that?

just to add -- i think it's funny that ea showcased a user that tries to rocket catch and use overall cheese yet still went three and out. maybe they were trying to make a point?

# 25 jpdavis82 @ 08/03/11 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfansince81
is it just me or does the game speed still look too fast? intros were done very good as well. i guess i am just not a gus johnson fan...hes a good commentator and all for something like NBA jam, but for me his voice doesn't say gridiron. like others pointed out the guy usering the LB seemed to recover pretty quickly from those erratic moves in the backfield...maybe its just the game speed but i wouldn't think one should be able to shift directions side to side so quickly...was hoping this got toned down a bit from m11.
Gus isn't the problem, it's the engine itself. Hopefully with the new commentary engine next year they get it right. Here's how Gus really sounds in real life.

# 26 Falcons11497 @ 08/03/11 05:48 PM
I see they still have the GA Dome exterior colors wrong

# 27 jbd345 @ 08/03/11 05:54 PM
Commentary sounds MUCH better than the E3 builds we've seen and Madden 11. Chris and Gus sound more natural. I think this is the first unedited user vs CPU video we've seen.

# 28 falconfansince81 @ 08/03/11 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Gus isn't the problem, it's the engine itself. Hopefully with the new commentary engine next year they get it right. Here's how Gus really sounds in real life.

nah, gus just doesn't do it for me i guess. i still think hes a great commentator but i need an al michaels. just personal preference i guess, great vid btw ended up watching the whole thing then compared it to madden...really thing they need to slow it down some, specially in regards to that intial burst acceleration.

# 29 Falcons11497 @ 08/03/11 06:12 PM
ehhh...I really wanted to enjoy this, but I must say I'm slightly disappointed

# 30 Nab_Impervious_XII @ 08/03/11 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons11497
ehhh...I really wanted to enjoy this, but I must say I'm slightly disappointed
I can't say anything about the gameplay until I control it, but the visual/audio presentation disappointed me too. Way too much commentary deadtime between key moments of introduction (i.e. when Matt Ryan lined up to the huddle). In a real broadcast, that would never happen.

Also, I didn't hear any characteristic EA musical chord throughout the presentation. ESPN has one, CBS has one, NCAA 12 even has one, where is Madden's? (besides the very beginning musical score which was very faint and undramatic).

# 31 hoop xyience @ 08/03/11 07:47 PM
First time I ever seen the pads underneath the uniforms...excellent detail to player models this year

Watch Ryan walk to the LOS and you'll see it under his number

# 32 carnalnirvana @ 08/03/11 08:01 PM
most impressive thing IMO is the falcons play calling, glad to see them using 2 wr and TE's, rather than the 3 wr nonsence all game....

# 33 Vikes1 @ 08/03/11 08:07 PM
Imo...dang!, Madden's looking pretty darn good this year.

# 34 REDSKINZ_FAN @ 08/03/11 09:00 PM
FIRST MATCH UP FOR ME IS REDSKINS AT RAVENS SO I CAN C DA RAY DANCE

# 35 Kibby @ 08/03/11 09:39 PM
Game looks really good, and if it plays like NCAA I'll be thrilled - this is coming from one of the more critical Madden players of this generation.

# 36 Garrett67 @ 08/03/11 09:43 PM
Notice anything wrong at approx. the 2:18-2:20 mark?

# 37 Bonee @ 08/03/11 09:51 PM
Nice presentation, though I usually skip this stuff after a while. I can't see anything special in the gameplay, it looks like the same procedure as last year with a tad more speed. The running animations are still bad - very disappointing.

I have very low expectations for Madden12 right now ...

# 38 RUFFNREADY @ 08/03/11 10:01 PM
I wonder if they will ship the game with the rosters that we have just seen or the default one before free agent FRENZY?
cheers

# 39 Hilldog39 @ 08/03/11 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett67
Notice anything wrong at approx. the 2:18-2:20 mark?
i didnt see anything wrong what did u see?

# 40 Garrett67 @ 08/03/11 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldog39
i didnt see anything wrong what did u see?
Matt Ryan (and coach) on Eagles sideline

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.