Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Check out the hi-res NBA 2K12 screenshots, featuring some of the players in the recently announced NBA's Greatest mode.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 youngfaze01 @ 08/04/11 12:55 AM
Not really impressed, just me though.

# 22 sportjames23 @ 08/04/11 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngfaze01
Not really impressed, just me though.
True. It's just you.

# 23 sarlndr @ 08/04/11 01:18 AM
Oh man! Dr. Chapstick is in the game baby!

Hopefully they have the old school Celtics wearing their black shoes.

# 24 Fabric @ 08/04/11 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman
I actually think there will be more tan 15 classic teams, especially since the pre-order has the 90-91 GS Warriors and the 2000-2001 Kings. I may be going out on a limb, but there may be close to 40 classic teams, even more if you count what they had for 2K11. The 10 other legends I think will be in the game that weren't in 2K11 are:

1. Wilt Chamberlain
2. Jerry West
3. Charles Barkley
4. Reggie Miller
5. Hakeem Olajuwon
6. David Robinson
7. Bill Russell
8. Shaquille O'Neal
9. Allen Iverson (maybe, only if he never plays again)
10. Dominique Wilkins (couldn't think of any one else on these last 2, so its a stretch)
I don't think you can exclude players just because they were in 2k11. Remember both Magic, Jordan and Bird were in the previous game and they seem to counted amongst the 15. If that indeed is the case you could replace AI with Stockton/Malone

# 25 VDusen04 @ 08/04/11 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
Ok, so I read either ign or kotaku (can't remeber which it was) but they said all the classis teams would have full rosters. While several bench guys have been pointed out in the screen shots and videos (Sam Vincent and Randy Wittman to name a couple) can some one tell me who #96 for Philly is in the Dr. J shot. Looked it up only two players ever wore #96, Ron Artest and Don Ray of the 1950 tri-cities Blackhawks. Not complaining cause everything looks great, just curious cause there never has been a #96 for the Sixers.
When that article claimed the "full rosters", they were just saying that each legend would not be a standalone player (think NBA Street); instead he'd be a part of his classic team from that time as well. So, even though the wording sounds like it, they were not actually saying each classic roster would be completely filled with authentic players. I'll search for the quote from Da_Czar, but he was the one who straightened this out, though he did mention a lot of the classic teams are a lot more fleshed out than the year before (ex: Kevin Duckworth is now on the Blazers, no longer generic).

Edit: Da_Czar, upon a poster's suggestion that the rosters weren't actually entirely full of authentics and without any generic players:

Quote:
This (meaning they're not full rosters) but more filled out than last year depending on the team.
Quote:
They went as far as they could with the classics if someone is not in it is not a lack of effort why there not in !

# 26 kolanji @ 08/04/11 10:51 AM
porbably gonna need some 5hr energy drink after oct.the screens look sharp as hell...kinda makes me wonder what about the frame rate n if it is gonna hit 60 any time soon.
the jerseys still dont lay down on the shoulders but it seems close enough never really bothered me cause it could have been worst and just look like its painted on to the skin.lockout or not my basketball fix is on the way come oct

# 27 KyotoCarl @ 08/04/11 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
porbably gonna need some 5hr energy drink after oct.the screens look sharp as hell...kinda makes me wonder what about the frame rate n if it is gonna hit 60 any time soon.
the jerseys still dont lay down on the shoulders but it seems close enough never really bothered me cause it could have been worst and just look like its painted on to the skin.lockout or not my basketball fix is on the way come oct
They said in June that the game was already running at 60fps. Anything over 25 is good for me though.

# 28 DubTrey1 @ 08/04/11 12:48 PM
Simply stunning... (although, I do still see shoe colors are off still.. red is bright red, almost pink) - looking forward to 12!!

# 29 seanbarkley @ 08/04/11 01:13 PM
I just hope they let us edit team colors the way we want them to be, but I guess it won't happen this year...

# 30 qpc123 @ 08/04/11 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
When that article claimed the "full rosters", they were just saying that each legend would not be a standalone player (think NBA Street); instead he'd be a part of his classic team from that time as well. So, even though the wording sounds like it, they were not actually saying each classic roster would be completely filled with authentic players. I'll search for the quote from Da_Czar, but he was the one who straightened this out, though he did mention a lot of the classic teams are a lot more fleshed out than the year before (ex: Kevin Duckworth is now on the Blazers, no longer generic).

Edit: Da_Czar, upon a poster's suggestion that the rosters weren't actually entirely full of authentics and without any generic players:

Thanks, for clarifying that. If it were me I would have chosen a photo that didn't have a generic guy in the background, or at least not that noticeable.

# 31 youvalss @ 08/04/11 03:10 PM
Ha, you got me. I deleted it and posted it elsewhere. I know Gervin was a master of it too (no disrespect), but Dr. J did it while jumping so high and hanging up there, that it was impossible to block it.

# 32 LeBronistheKing @ 08/04/11 03:39 PM
If they get as extensive with all the legends sig packages as they did with Michael Jordan's last year I will be a very very happy Basketball fan. Imagining an extensive Magic sig pack wow. Just realized they may even expand and add to Jordan's sig package as well. Also really hope they keep all the classic teams from 2K11 all the Bulls teams, Celtics, Pistons, Cavaliers, Hawks, Sonics, Knicks, Blazers and Jazz. It would be so incredible.

# 33 LeBronistheKing @ 08/04/11 04:10 PM
Since I heard the C Webb Kings are gonna be in the game I hope they incorparate some of Webber's flashy passing ability into the sig package look at some of the ridiculous passes in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doDkD...eature=related

# 34 thefranchise03 @ 08/04/11 04:27 PM
Hopefully theres some older legends in one of those 10, like George Mikan, Bob Cousy, Bill Sharman, etc. That would be the best game ever made

# 35 McNulty @ 08/04/11 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
Since I heard the C Webb Kings are gonna be in the game I hope they incorparate some of Webber's flashy passing ability into the sig package look at some of the ridiculous passes in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doDkD...eature=related
If the 2001 Kings are in there, they're going to need someone era specific to play against. Can you say Afro Kobe and the 2001 LA Lakers?

# 36 KyotoCarl @ 08/04/11 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe24-
Nice generic shows you got there 2K for Kareem and Magic
What's shows? You mean shoes? What's more important; having Kareem or Magic in the game or having some official shoe from the 70's-80's?

# 37 KyotoCarl @ 08/04/11 07:32 PM
Quote:
They DID say Sneaker Heads are going to be in love.... Doesn't look like it.
But noone knows when these screenshots are from. Could be a month ago, could be yesterday. Still two months left.

# 38 Shinyhubcaps @ 08/04/11 07:39 PM
For those speculating on the other greats:

1. Karl Malone
2. John Stockton (doubling up with one team)
3. Scottie Pippen (doubling up with Jordan on one team)
4. Isiah Thomas
5. Wilt Chamberlain (used to be in the game, and is from the 1960s)
6. Clyde Drexler
7. Oscar Robertson (see Wilt above)
8. Kevin McHale (doubling up with Bird on one team)
9. James Worthy (doubling up with Magic on one team)
10. Shaquille O'Neal

All guys on the 50 Greatest Players list.

# 39 sportjames23 @ 08/04/11 07:43 PM
Quote:
They DID say Sneaker Heads are going to be in love.... Doesn't look like it.

You know you can edit shoes, right?

# 40 portlandblazer @ 08/04/11 08:03 PM
correct length shorts! correct size knee pads! striped socks! more legends! more retro shoes! DANG IT! i was hoping i wouldnt i have to buy the game this year and do all of those rosters over again.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.