Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Check out the hi-res NBA 2K12 screenshots, featuring some of the players in the recently announced NBA's Greatest mode.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 VDusen04 @ 08/04/11 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandblazer
correct length shorts! correct size knee pads! striped socks! more legends! more retro shoes! DANG IT! i was hoping i wouldnt i have to buy the game this year and do all of those rosters over again.
Don't even fight it. They made 2K12 just for you.

# 42 J_Posse @ 08/04/11 09:13 PM
My best guesses:

1. Wilt Chamberlain
2. Bill Russell (any of his many HOF teammates)
3. Karl Malone (John Stockton)
4. Hakeem Olajuwon
5. Shaquille O'Neal (younger Kobe or Penny Hardaway)
6. David Robinson
7. Allen Iverson
8. Oscar Robertson (younger Kareem)
9. Charles Barkley (I hope)
10. Jerry West (Elgin Baylor, Gail Goodrich and Wilt)

Possibly even more legends or past greats will be included because they'll need different teams to match them up against (proof being the inclusion of the '91 Warriors and '02 Kings).

# 43 Shinyhubcaps @ 08/05/11 08:27 PM
SamewiseTheZag had a really good post breaking down the teams in the screenshots:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-players.html

I think it's safe to say Hakeem Olajuwon and Dominique Wilkins will be two of them, as well as Clyde Drexler and (depending on how they do the Greatest Players) Bill Walton.

# 44 Da_Czar @ 08/07/11 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
They said in June that the game was already running at 60fps. Anything over 25 is good for me though.
Yes it was at 60 when I saw it. Much earlier than last year. Game looked great to me. I could immediately tell the difference after I got home and popped in 2k11 from a graphical standpoint.

Unless they use a closer camera angle you can really tell how good the game looks from broadcast. But you can tell it looks better in broadcast any closer camera angle and it's obvious or let me say it was obvious to me.

# 45 Da_Czar @ 08/07/11 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe24-
They DID say Sneaker Heads are going to be in love.... Doesn't look like it.
I really wish the marketing people wouldn't say stuff like this. They haven't figured out that what might impress them may not impress a true sneaker head LOL I am finding that there is an issue with the translation between what they are saying and how we receive the data.

I think they discount how passionate the fans are about stuff like sneaks so when they improve it their happy, not knowing that you won't be happy unless every single gosh darned shoe from the beginning of time until now, with every possible colorway combination of the same is in the game.

ROTFLOL. So again temper what you hear until you see for yourself. ESPeCIALLY if your a sneaker head. And pay attention to who is talking. Is this a direct quote from a dev or from a marketing guy ? or is it a paraphrase from a game site ? In general just remember the person saying you will be impressed may not be as passionate or as knowledgeable about the thing in question as you are.

This way we keep expectations in check and everyone is happy and not disappointed on Oct 4th. Just my 2 cents fam YMMV.

# 46 23 @ 08/07/11 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I really wish the marketing people wouldn't say stuff like this. They haven't figured out that what might impress them may not impress a true sneaker head LOL I am finding that there is an issue with the translation between what they are saying and how we receive the data.

I think they discount how passionate the fans are about stuff like sneaks so when they improve it their happy, not knowing that you won't be happy unless every single gosh darned shoe from the beginning of time until now, with every possible colorway combination of the same is in the game.

ROTFLOL. So again temper what you hear until you see for yourself. ESPeCIALLY if your a sneaker head. And pay attention to who is talking. Is this a direct quote from a dev or from a marketing guy ? or is it a paraphrase from a game site ? In general just remember the person saying you will be impressed may not be as passionate or as knowledgeable about the thing in question as you are.

This way we keep expectations in check and everyone is happy and not disappointed on Oct 4th. Just my 2 cents fam YMMV.

I hope that it doesn't but am afraid that this statement you keep making will fall on deaf ears.

You def. bring some perspective here

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.