Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Cardot @ 08/04/11 07:09 PM
I also noticed that the commentary was a bit weak. Too many silent stretches......They are a few years behind in this category. And Gus gets a little too excited about a 29 yard field goal in the 2nd quarter to give Atlanta a 3-0 lead.

I thought the visuals looked really good though.

# 22 jagsrock95 @ 08/04/11 07:17 PM
player models look great and im loving the camera angles

# 23 JayD @ 08/04/11 07:20 PM
the game sounds great, looks great! Now let's just hope that there aren't rampant bugs as in the other game.

# 24 realone504 @ 08/04/11 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_NFL_Fan
The person playing as Eagles hasnt a clue how to play with Vick!

still game does look impressive, graphics are amazing...

one side note of disapointment, hopefully they have the problem at 9:17 fixed by launch!
i bet u run with vick alot.... i no how to stop that been stopn it the same way sense madden 04 what problem at 9:17 that happens n a real nfl game after a td or a big play the camera always looks at the guys on the sidelines

# 25 JayD @ 08/04/11 07:54 PM
Oh and thanks EA for fixing CPU quick snaps!!!!!

# 26 jpdavis82 @ 08/04/11 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chackett12
this game is unrealistic... i saw andy reid running -____-

and what happened to all the player specific touchdown celebrations? guess there in the trash
They're in there, just because you didn't see them in one TD doesn't mean they aren't there. I have seen a few of the new TD celebrations in the E3 videos, they look well done too.

# 27 MrSkagTrendy @ 08/04/11 08:00 PM
"He may not be one of the fastest guys in the league." - Flaw one; he is, it's DeSean Jackson for god's sake. This kind of commentary line should only trigger if the player's speed rating is below say 90. Flaw two; he's just BURNED up his DB on the very next play and then Collinsworth is talking about how slow he made everyone look. This is silly.

I don't understand how people can be paid to make a video game and then let stuff like this happen? Two years in a row. This game looks great but the commentary is not good enough.

# 28 jpdavis82 @ 08/04/11 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
"He may not be one of the fastest guys in the league." - Flaw one; he is, it's DeSean Jackson for god's sake. This kind of commentary line should only trigger if the player's speed rating is below say 90. Flaw two; he's just BURNED up his DB on the very next play and then Collinsworth is talking about how slow he made everyone look. This is silly.

I don't understand how people can be paid to make a video game and then let stuff like this happen? Two years in a row. This game looks great but the commentary is not good enough.
Yeah I know, thank God they invested in a new commentary engine this year, it's the same as FIFA, but they won't be able to implement it until next year. We should never have to have this discussion again. To the best of my knowledge they hadn't invested in a new commentary engine since the PS2 days. We should see a HUGE improvement in the commentary and it should sound much more natural starting next year and moving forward. I know Mike Young the Creative Director of Madden was talking about this in a podcast and how next year he wants to focus a good bit of time on speech and the pronunciation of player and team names and tying it all together to sound natural.

# 29 MrSkagTrendy @ 08/04/11 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Yeah I know, thank God they invested in a new commentary engine this year, it's the same as FIFA, but they won't be able to implement it until next year. We should never have to have this discussion again. To the best of my knowledge they hadn't invested in a new commentary engine since the PS2 days. We should see a HUGE improvement in the commentary and it should sound much more natural starting next year and moving forward. I know Mike Young the Creative Director of Madden was talking about this in a podcast and how next year he wants to focus a good bit of time on speech and the pronunciation of player and team names and tying it all together to sound natural.
Let's hope so.

With Tom Hammond it was "Asso-moog-ha"
This year with Gus it's "Arse-oh-mo-ah" - i don't get it. Did he say it right last year?

# 30 ChaseB @ 08/04/11 09:17 PM
Oh man, Andy Reid running.

Can't....stop....laughing.

# 31 ChaseB @ 08/04/11 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
Let's hope so.

With Tom Hammond it was "Asso-moog-ha"
This year with Gus it's "Arse-oh-mo-ah" - i don't get it. Did he say it right last year?
There might be two pronunciations in the game -- in last year's game I believe there was one right pronunciation of the name. So maybe there is one where he says it right, and one where he says it wrong. Maybe they simply can't remove the one because it would cause issues with connecting the dots with the speech or something.

# 32 Irish_NFL_Fan @ 08/04/11 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realone504
i bet u run with vick alot.... i no how to stop that been stopn it the same way sense madden 04 what problem at 9:17 that happens n a real nfl game after a td or a big play the camera always looks at the guys on the sidelines
no i actually would stay in the pocket and pass the ball, this person is picking out wrong targets to throw at.. right so after a big play you would see an eagles player going to the atlanta sideline?!

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!

# 33 HarkTheSound @ 08/04/11 10:13 PM
Lost in the "Any Reid running" fiasco was the ref sprinting up the sidelines at Usain Bolt speed to begin the video...

# 34 CajunPunk @ 08/05/11 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlegendkillax
Lost in the "Any Reid running" fiasco was the ref sprinting up the sidelines at Usain Bolt speed to begin the video...
LOL @ :11

That was hilarious. Not sure how I missed it the first time. Ref should be at the combine. Warp speed.

# 35 UMhester04 @ 08/05/11 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlegendkillax

LOL that is just classic

# 36 CM Hooe @ 08/05/11 02:39 AM
They absolutely NAILED the way Matt Ryan moves. Wow.

# 37 brza37 @ 08/05/11 04:02 AM
"He may not be one of the fastest guys in the league" Can't wait for the new commentary engine next year. Looong overdue. Or maybe Desean really lost a step during his holdout and EA is just ahead of the curve?

And why is Jaiqwuan Jarrett wearing Lesean Mccoy's number 25? Jarrett should be 26. I know there's plenty of time to get numbers right but its obvious they can't have duplicate numbers and Mccoy isn't just some obscure backup.

# 38 STLRams @ 08/05/11 08:27 AM
I'll tell you what, I love how the instant replays have improved this year. They seem more TV like and smoother now. Hearing that music in stadium playing in the background got me wondering, is there a custom music feature in Madden12?

# 39 jpdavis82 @ 08/05/11 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
They absolutely NAILED the way Matt Ryan moves. Wow.
In what way, when he's scrambling or just in general? I'm not a Falcons fan and I don't see Matt Ryan on TV very often, so just want to know what you mean so I can watch for it.

# 40 bigsmallwood @ 08/05/11 12:14 PM
Commentary kills all the Madden videos of gameplay for me. How in the world are we near the end of "next-gen" and they still don't have proper banter. And what is Collinsworth talking about.....D. Jackson IS one of the fastest guys in the league. EA Sports should offer us a FREE DLC of Actual good commentary....there are plenty of sports games who do it EXTREMELY well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.