Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 JMUfootball @ 08/05/11 12:22 PM
The splotchy field issue is really pissing me off. Why doesn't EA fix this????

Here is the Falcon's real life field:

Compare that to the still shot before the video loads, or during gameplay:

Note to EA: Your fields are wayyy too dark, splotchy, and they look like a children's watercolor. Having a muddled background detracts from the graphics and movements of the players.

# 42 ccoaxum @ 08/05/11 01:17 PM
i dont know if they can get it perfect, just because its a videogame but so much you can do to make a sports game real. The fields looks great when its a close up(3d grass) but from the pain view it doesn't look so good and its the same way in ncaa as well. If they can get the fields to look good through out the whole game then that would be crazy amazing, the players look great tho

# 43 jpdavis82 @ 08/05/11 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMUfootball
The splotchy field issue is really pissing me off. Why doesn't EA fix this????

Here is the Falcon's real life field:

Compare that to the still shot before the video loads, or during gameplay:

Note to EA: Your fields are wayyy too dark, splotchy, and they look like a children's watercolor. Having a muddled background detracts from the graphics and movements of the players.
These EA videos look too dark in general, the field doesn't look too bad to me in these videos, especially the last one. Make sure to watch in 720P

# 44 RGiles36 @ 08/05/11 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
Commentary kills all the Madden videos of gameplay for me. How in the world are we near the end of "next-gen" and they still don't have proper banter. And what is Collinsworth talking about.....D. Jackson IS one of the fastest guys in the league. EA Sports should offer us a FREE DLC of Actual good commentary....there are plenty of sports games who do it EXTREMELY well.
You're right -- the commentary sucks.

But as I've said in the past, if we're to a point where commentary is becoming the hot-button topic, then Madden has come a long way.

Granted, it's not our responsibility to make excuses for the games shortcomings. After all, our only duty is to expect a satisfactory product.

I just think it's a bit short-sighted to sort of suggest that EA is sitting on their hands in lieu of ALL the other improvements we've gotten the last three years. Again, I agree the commentary sucks. But I also understand priorities and I think they've made the right choices.

# 45 jpdavis82 @ 08/05/11 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
nothing interesting ....gonna stick with NCAA 12. Still just same ol madden.....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
I honestly don't understand how anyone could say it's the same old Madden and that they are going to stick with NCAA 12, gameplay wise they are almost the exact same. To each their own, but I mean come on this looks much better than Madden 11, at least the E3 videos I posted do. NCAA 12 is a great game, Madden 12 is very similar, but has the new franchise mode and plus it's the NFL, so why not get both?

# 46 at23steelers @ 08/05/11 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
You're right -- the commentary sucks.

But as I've said in the past, if we're to a point where commentary is becoming the hot-button topic, then Madden has come a long way.

Granted, it's not our responsibility to make excuses for the games shortcomings. After all, our only duty is to expect a satisfactory product.

I just think it's a bit short-sighted to sort of suggest that EA is sitting on their hands in lieu of ALL the other improvements we've gotten the last three years. Again, I agree the commentary sucks. But I also understand priorities and I think they've made the right choices.
I really never heard a GREAT commentary from any sports game TBH. NBA 2K11 and MLB 2K11 are pretty good, but playing MLB 2K11 right now, the announcers cut themselves off, for key players he says the exact same thing every game, starting my franchise he reads off my last years batting average every game, and there is too many statistics in it. You don't have to show me the top 5 last years batting average, homerun, doubles, and triples all in 1 game, and reading it like a dictionary at the same time. Madden's at least has excitement to it, but unlike the 2K series doesn't flow at all. So, while many have done many things well IE Fifa, NHL, 2K baseball and basketball, and possibly The Show (never played it before), all of them still need to improve in a lot of areas. Madden just happens to find itself dead last in this category, but IMO has the best presentation of any of them from what I have seen from Madden 12.

That's not to take anything away from the 2K games, because there is good banter between them and the stats they say / show like the matchup of batter vs. pitcher, the MLB Today segment of how they did last night, and the stats of what they hit for a 1-0 count, a 2-1 count, etc is simply stunning!!

# 47 FroznYogurt @ 08/05/11 03:11 PM
Off the top of my head, things that need to be revamped for next year:
1.) Commentary
2.) Player Movement (Ice skating; momentum; perhaps even more run styles or even signature run animations).
3.) Ball Trajectory
4.) No superman or psychic defenders

Presentation looks fantastic though!

# 48 jpdavis82 @ 08/05/11 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FroznYogurt
Off the top of my head, things that need to be revamped for next year:
1.) Commentary
2.) Player Movement (Ice skating; momentum; perhaps even more run styles or even signature run animations).
3.) Ball Trajectory
4.) No superman or psychic defenders

Presentation looks fantastic though!
Number 1 on your list should be taken care of. They invested in a new commentary engine this year, same as FIFA, they will begin to implement it starting next year.

# 49 8and9 @ 08/05/11 03:31 PM
Wassup with the ref running at 4.3 on the sidelines at the 10 sec mark.

# 50 jpgoehl @ 08/05/11 04:41 PM
Was I the only one who thought DeSean Jackson's TD was a little "rocket catch-y," especially on the replay? I don't love what I'm seeing here, but it doesn't look terrible.

# 51 jpdavis82 @ 08/05/11 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakeja71
Not falling for the EA sales pitch. I will rent the game or read reviews from players with no relationship with EA.
I understand your hesitancy but trust me this is not going to be the same old Madden anymore. The current development team is going to take this game where we have always wanted, just wait. No one will ever call Madden just a roster update with this development team they have now.

# 52 Poohdini_816 @ 08/06/11 11:38 AM
Man, the hell w/ the commentary...these graphics look like they're on the Wii, but this is the 360!!! I'm just hoping this is the beta version of it...

# 53 jbd345 @ 08/06/11 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohdini_816
Man, the hell w/ the commentary...these graphics look like they're on the Wii, but this is the 360!!! I'm just hoping this is the beta version of it...
wow your kidding right?? Anyone who thinks the 360 or ps3 graphics looks like last gen or the Wii needs to get their eyes checked.

# 54 Jarodd21 @ 08/06/11 02:02 PM
What skill level was this game played on? From the looks of how bad ATL played in that first half I'm guessing All-Pro..

# 55 jpdavis82 @ 08/06/11 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohdini_816
Hows this for Wii graphics, watch in 720P....

# 56 radatdude2 @ 08/06/11 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Hows this for Wii graphics, watch in 720P....
yeah to compare madden 12 to the wii version or last-gens graphics is just blind hate. lets try to be realistic based on the footage available to make a educated comparison.

# 57 jpdavis82 @ 08/06/11 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radatdude2
yeah to compare madden 12 to the wii version or last-gens graphics is just blind hate. lets try to be realistic based on the footage available to make a educated comparison.
Especially when if you're talking just graphics, Madden 12 has the best graphics in a football game ever made.

# 58 Blzer @ 08/06/11 02:51 PM
I didn't like that play at 2:10. There's no reason that shouldn't have been a touchdown. White is on Asomugha the entire play, and while he's a great cover CB, he isn't exactly going through the WR to get to Turner. White breaks his blocking assignment to go down field towards... nobody. Turner makes zero read from the inside rush, and instead of getting a very easy touchdown, he goes straight into Nnamdi.

Maybe I'm expecting too much based on one play, but that one really stuck out to me as far as AI work goes.

Presentation is definitely much improved this year though, and for once I'm actually excited for the coming years of EA football's improvements, despite a losing a few heads at the front of the development team.

# 59 tre614 @ 08/07/11 10:42 PM
presentation is always nice in madden, hopefully they actually worked on improving the gameplay

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.