Home
Madden 12 News Post

ESPN The Gamer has posted the Madden NFL 12player ratings for the top 5 running backs in the game.

Adrian Peterson: 97
Chris Johnson: 96
Jamaal Charles: 95
Maurice Jones-Drew: 95
Steven Jackson: 94

Are there any changes you would like to see, or are they just about right?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/07/11 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco West
Just because Charles avg more yards on less carries doesn't mean he would have kept it up with 97 more carries....thats a ton more carries and any avg is likely to drop and anything is likely to happen in 97 or so more carries.
Even if he only averaged 2 yards per carry for those last 97 carries, I'm pretty sure that still would have been enough to beat Arian Foster if what other people have been posting were their actual stats.

# 62 Seanzie @ 08/07/11 11:58 PM
People are shocked that Charles is rated that highly when the dude has run for like 2,400+ yards over the past two seasons, caught a ****-ton of passes, and averages like 6+ ypc? Seriously? ARIAN FOSTER?

Puke.

# 63 Nza @ 08/08/11 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravit
CJ is better and should be rated the same or higher than AP. He's faster, more elusiveness, and doesn't put the ball on the ground. He also doesn't share carries. And in a bad year where every defense focused only on him, he still racks up over 1300 yards.

AP is stronger but that's about the only thing he's got over CJ.
The fronts CJ faced last season were crazy. Plus the Titans OL is vastly overrated as a run blocking unit. I think some are sleeping on him this year providing Hasselback and Locker can form a more decent passing attack.

The problem with Madden though is to reflect a team's overall ability to rush the ball, the RB ratings have to suffer - it traditionally has done a pathetic job of representing proper run blocking abilities and scheme based advantages (like having a top passing attack to spread out the D, i.e. Foster).

Over the past two seasons, CJ has had more rushing yards, rushing touchdowns, YPC, basically the same receiving yardage and more receiving touchdowns than Peterson, while being the ultra obvious focus of defenses and without any backup to give him a rest worth a damn. I respect Peterson's ability at RB but I can't sensibly argue his is better than CJ. The ratings as they are are simply to reflect the team's rushing ability due to lacking game engine ability, and probably a touch of the typical assumptions because he failed to get two 2000y seasons in a row.

# 64 WildcatZ @ 10/03/11 08:33 PM
Here is an interactive chart of all Madden 12 RB Ratings. You can sort by any rating (like OVR, SPD, etc) to see who is the best and worst rated. You can also search for players.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.