Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

NBA2KMods have released the NBA 2K11 - 1992 season mod for PC users.

Quote:
The 1991–92 NBA season was the 46th season of the National Basketball Association.

In one of the most shocking announcements in sports history, Lakers star Magic Johnson announces his retirement early in the season after receiving the news that he had tested HIV-positive.
Philadelphia 76er Charles Barkley honors Johnson by switching from his usual number 34 to 32.

Due to back problems, Celtics star Larry Bird retires at the end of the season, and since Bill Russel vs. Jerry West it brings one of the most memorable eras in NBA history (Magic vs. Bird) to a close.

The 1992 NBA All-Star Game was played at the Orlando Arena in Orlando, Florida, with the West defeating the East 153–113. In an emotionally charged game, Magic Johnson wins the game's MVP award; despite having retired from the game a few days into the season, fans were still able to vote him into the starting lineup because the printed ballots still featured Magic's name.

Dennis Rodman recorded 1,530 rebounds and averaged 18.7 rebounds per game in the regular season, both of which are the highest figures since 1972. It is the first of an NBA record seven consecutive rebounding titles for Rodman.
Michael Jordan scored 35 points in the first half to set an NBA Finals record for most points in a half. His six three-pointers also set a record for most in a half. The season ended with the Chicago Bulls winning their second-straight NBA Championship, beating the Portland Trail Blazers 4 games to 2 in the NBA Finals.

Download the NBA 2K11 - 1992 season mod, right here.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ybtherockstar @ 08/06/11 10:58 PM
That looks amazing. Wish the console had those type of graphics and mod capabilities although its kinda possible on the xbox.

# 2 VDusen04 @ 08/06/11 11:14 PM
So the modification looks amazing. I also thought I'd share what had to be the inspiration for that video. My favorite VHS of all time just happens to be NBA Jam Session (not the video game, the mixtape). BBD's "Above the Rim" was the first track. It's kind of funny watching the mod's version, because there's parts of lyrics I've never heard because of the announcers voice kicking in during the Jam Session version. For example, at 2:18 of the video below, I always thought the song went, "Yeah, my big man slaps the glass. I run the point I ~to Pippen! ~"

# 3 jorge380 @ 08/07/11 12:21 AM
Aww memories.

# 4 ghm125 @ 08/07/11 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge380
Aww memories.
very saaaaaaweeet

# 5 mkharsh33 @ 08/07/11 07:56 AM
the 1991-1992 season was one of my all-time favorite years. the 80's era players were either winding down careers or some were in their prime. it was a mixture of the bird/magic/jordan (to some degree) era with the new guys who were really good. it was sad for me to see bird detoriate, but LOVED reggie lewis (and sadly he'd be dead in another year). just a very fun season for the NBA...

# 6 GaryT531 @ 08/07/11 01:19 PM
that was so awesome. i wish i did not just watch it actually. but if i had this i would prob never leave the house

# 7 laroche360 @ 08/07/11 01:32 PM
can someone please ,please inbox me the video,not the link,but the videoitself,cuz i live in Germany and Youtube does' nt allow us to watch copyrighted videos,i Know it's damn silly,i would truly appreciate....here is my email adresse([email protected])

many thanks ......

# 8 hokupguy @ 08/07/11 02:15 PM
The guys at nba2kmods did great job this...

# 9 marshmont @ 08/08/11 12:54 AM
Greatest NBA season. I don't have this game for the PC. I've never been much of a PC gamer. How does it play? What kind of controller would I need to buy? Just for the modding capablities alone I think I'm going to pick this up.

# 10 GaryT531 @ 08/08/11 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshmont
Greatest NBA season. I don't have this game for the PC. I've never been much of a PC gamer. How does it play? What kind of controller would I need to buy? Just for the modding capablities alone I think I'm going to pick this up.
i've been thinking about picking this up since they made this same season last year for 2k10. but idk if it would even run on my hewlett packard lol. if it did it would probably be in slow motion. the nba was loaded in 92, but probably slightly less than it was the following season in 93 bc of the rookie class that had shaq and mourning.

# 11 syncinatti @ 08/08/11 03:23 AM
@ marshmont and garyt531 If your pc has decent graphical capabilities I would definitely recommend you getting 2k for the pc. I haven't played it on my xbox in months. There are so many improvements that have been made to the game it's like a totally different game. Check out moddingway.com to see the many improvements from graphics to gameplay. A wired xbox controller works perfectly.

# 12 GaryT531 @ 08/08/11 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syncinatti
@ marshmont and garyt531 If your pc has decent graphical capabilities I would definitely recommend you getting 2k for the pc. I haven't played it on my xbox in months. There are so many improvements that have been made to the game it's like a totally different game. Check out moddingway.com to see the many improvements from graphics to gameplay. A wired xbox controller works perfectly.
n00b question....how do i find out if my cpu has graphical capabilities?

# 13 mkharsh33 @ 08/08/11 12:38 PM
Another dumb question (since Gary started them)

I never knew I could use my 360 controller (with cord) in my laptop? so this is true, huh? thnx!

# 14 WTF @ 08/08/11 02:04 PM
You can use the wired (hard wired) 360 controllers. It's plug n play. Plug it into the USB port, and play. You can't however use it with the charge n play cord. It has to be a full wired controller. You can also get a USB receiver for your wireless controller to let you use your wireless controller. Very simple.

To check your video capabilities, you need to know what kind of videocard you have. There are a lot of ways to check what you have.

It doesn't take an extreme system to run 2k11, to run it well with all of the graphical goodness the requirements are a little higher.

It's definitely worth it. You can change the gameplay, floor size, etc using the tools that people have developed for it.

Very nice stuff indeed.

# 15 c1979h @ 08/08/11 08:39 PM
WTF is right, if you dont have a vid card though you can get a good vid card for less than a game these days. You can get them from newegg, tigerdirect and other places on the web. I would never buy one from retail, thye always overcharge and 5-7 options. You have 100's of options if you buy online.I would get a ATI 4000 series or higher or an Nvidia 400 series or higher. Make sure it has at least 1GB of RAM or higher. It will not be just for NBA, steam may become your friend, steams games are a lot cheaper than console games. Most multiplayer is free too.

# 16 Uncle Way @ 08/10/11 01:54 AM
Damn that looks wonderful.. Kinda envy everyone who's playing it on PC.. You guys are damn near playing 2k12

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.