Home
Madden 12 News Post

The Madden NFL 12 demo is available now. Please play a few games and post your impressions here. For now, just search under "M" in the demos section or games section. It weights in at 1.53 GB.

UPDATE: The PS3 demo is available now.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 LiveBaller @ 08/09/11 01:04 PM
Played a few games, still undecided on day 1 purchase. I dont know if this is a bug or if others have had it happen to them, but in the 4th quarter Aaron Rogers got injured and a injury timeout was called but the play clock kept going. When they finally got Rogers off the field and the play clock expired GB was hit with a delay of game penalty. Dont really know if its a bug or GB just took to long in getting Rogers off the field and the backup qb ready or what. Just something that i noticed will playing the demo.

# 142 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/09/11 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJackRabbit
My biggest gripe is that you're still limited your audibles when going no-huddle.
In NCAA you have the entire playbook.
I don't really think you should be able to go through your whole playbook. I could be wrong, but I think in the NFL, most teams go to the line with one play and then a few others that they may switch to.

# 143 mrprice33 @ 08/09/11 01:07 PM
I just wish they would bring back the r-stick quick audibles. That's far better than the system they have now.

# 144 illwill10 @ 08/09/11 01:07 PM
Overally I enjoyed the Demo
At first I couldnt move the ball, then I changed Game Speed and Thres. and some sliders, then I was able to move the ball.
I lost a game 10-6. I couldve won, but I gave up a TD with 20 secs left. Devin Hester beat Tramon Williams deep for a 40 yard deep and then Knox finished up with a TD. It couldve have been 10-9, but I missed a FG.

# 145 Broncos86 @ 08/09/11 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
All this talk of no blocking on returns is getting me worried...I hope they can fix this for the retail game
Same thing happened last year. And then suddenly, when everyone got used to it, kick offs were too easy.

# 146 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/09/11 01:10 PM
Now that I got my biggest gripe off my chest, time for my favorite addition so far:

Comeback routes are finally effective. Just threw a beautiful pass to Johnny Knox on a come back route towards the sideline and he made a nice one-handed catch and tapped his toes in bounds.

# 147 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/09/11 01:14 PM
Another nice addition: Route running really seems to matter this year. Johnny Knox ran his comeback route to perfection, meanwhile I just had Hester run the same route and he rounded his cut out, which, had the defense been playing man to man would have allowed the CB to easily jump it for an INT.

# 148 The JareBear @ 08/09/11 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Another nice addition: Route running really seems to matter this year. Johnny Knox ran his comeback route to perfection, meanwhile I just had Hester run the same route and he rounded his cut out, which, had the defense been playing man to man would have allowed the CB to easily jump it for an INT.
I assume you still completed the pass?

# 149 jpdavis82 @ 08/09/11 01:16 PM
Just want to get this out of the way. The retail cameras are Standard,Zoomed, Wide, & Broadcast.

Seems to be a lot of complains about the standard view.

Also let's take a look at a video from the recent, near final build again and see if you guys notice anything different from the demo.

# 150 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/09/11 01:18 PM
Wow! Just got a surprise onside to work. Gould tapped it with his foot (43 power) and it went right through Clay Matthews legs and Gould and one of my other Special Teamers dove on top of the ball.

# 151 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/09/11 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I assume you still completed the pass?
No, I got sacked as I was trying to throw the ball.

# 152 Senator Palmer @ 08/09/11 01:19 PM
Just played about 3 games on All-Madden. Two as the Bears. One as the Packers. Going in, the only three things I cared about was pressure from the front four, man coverage, and playaction.

1. Running the ball as the Bears, my first play was a dive from singleback formation. I wanted to see if the D-line instant rip/swim was there. I got no yards, but there was no freaky animations from the d-line. I did notice that the Packer defenders shed very, very, well. I would say too well, but when went to run the ball as the Packers, I ate a lot of free grass. I was able to run from singleback. My o-linemen stayed on their blocks.

I got nothing running as the Bears, but was very successful as the Packers.

2. Passing: there is a difference between the two QBs. Playing as Cutler I missed on some short routes, especially to the flats. Rodgers was dead on. Overally #12 was more accurate. The passes were right on the receivers. I was good with Cutler throwing into the seams. I had a nice touch pass that I released kinda early that made it over the linebacker, but in front of the safety. There aren't as many silly drops from the receivers. Cutler's throwing motion looks dead on to me.

Playing against the two quarterbacks. Rodgers ate me up in every matchup. HE saw my blitzes. Got the ball out accurately. Cutler I was able to get to and rattle.

3. Pressure: I don't control my linemen, so I wanted to test how they performed on their own. I didn't get a whole lot playing at the Bears. I was anxious to try out the new "edge rush" feature to see if it was any different than last year's "pass" command. It's too early to say definitively, but Rodgers was protected well and I didn't get much pressure with Peppers. Although they were throwing a lot of quick stuff, and stayed in manageable passing downs so I'll reserve verdict.

As the Packers, I was able to get some nice hits on Cutler and confuse the protection.

Pressure On Me: I couldn't get anything going the first game and a half against the Packers. Clay Matthews ate me up, then RAji. The Bears line felt like a leaking siv at this level... which is realistic. I was able to get something going when I went to short stuff.

As the Packers, the protection was a lot better. Peppers did get through on me once, and I didn't see a corner blitz on another play, but the Packer line held up a lot better.

Playing as either team, I wasn't able to get anything from the playaction. The protection still breaks down. With the Bears, it was to be expected, but as the Packers, even after I got some running game going, there was still shaky protection. And I couldn't tell if the secondary bit. The two times I did peek into the secondary, I didn't see the safeties bite.

4. Coverage: it wasn't terrible, but when I was on defense, my guys got beat inside too much on slants and crossing routes. I am not totally impressed with zone, but I'm going to hold back judgement. I need more time with the game, learning the designs of the new plays, and get better with my playcalling.

Playing against Coverage: I didn't see anything too freaky. There wasn't any route mirroring. I was able to make some throws with the defenders back to me and there was no magical "eyes in the back of his head."

On All-Madden, my defenders didn't play the ball in the air. Jenning got behind both Bear corner consistently, and the one time when he had to slow up for a hail mary, the defender caught up but didn't turn around. With the Packers, both corners were solid, not spectacular, although Williams did make an excellent play on a deep pass to Knox for a pick.

One cool thing I notices, is that in the sub package, there is an option for 4 defensive ends! Can't tell you how happy I was. Tackling is a LOT better. None of the ridiculous stiff arming defenders to the ground. At any rate, those are my initial observations.

Oh, and a question. I know that we were supposed to individually shade defenders, but I couldn't find it pre-snap. Anyone know if that option is available in the demo?

# 153 TMJOHNS18 @ 08/09/11 01:21 PM
How do you do the surprise kickoff?

I'm on my second time playing the demo, Green bay this time. All-Pro, 35 threshold and very slow play great. Actually blocked a FG up the middle, first time I've every done that!

Cutler's been scrambling a bit too, getting pounded though.

# 154 menglish20 @ 08/09/11 01:23 PM
Still terrible blocking on punt returns. Instead of trying to block the gunner, my guys just let me get nailed.

# 155 illwill10 @ 08/09/11 01:23 PM
One thing I noticed that was also in NCAA 12 is that if I audible the play from a pass to run vice versa, I am able to get better yardage than if I stayed with the play. If I change to a run play, I am able get better yards if I originally had a run play

# 156 guaps @ 08/09/11 01:24 PM
A big problem with the QB running the ball is that the defensive AI is plain stupid.

It appears to be a problem with the zone defense. I just had CB Tillman pass on his receiver to another defender and instead of attacking Rodgers, who was running straight at him, it looked like he had to settle in his new zone first.

# 157 AlexHorvath @ 08/09/11 01:29 PM
As far as the demo, I can see where they improved but the special teams is just awful, no blocking on punt returns. I'm not a fan of the broadcast view before a play, it interrupts the whole flow of the game. And the pre-play audibles messed me up and will take time getting used to. Other than that, a pretty solid game I will be getting. Also, is it just me or is there NO commentating in the demo?

# 158 mva5580 @ 08/09/11 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHorvath
As far as the demo, I can see where they improved but the special teams is just awful, no blocking on punt returns. I'm not a fan of the broadcast view before a play, it interrupts the whole flow of the game. And the pre-play audibles messed me up and will take time getting used to. Other than that, a pretty solid game I will be getting. Also, is it just me or is there NO commentating in the demo?
Yep, it's just you. Every single other person who has downloaded the demo has commentary.

# 159 at23steelers @ 08/09/11 01:33 PM
Pastapadre has stated he thinks this demo is worse than what was shown at E3, so this must be a pretty early build. Also, throwing it out there that there is spectate mode so you can watch the new broadcast cameras.

# 160 solo killa boi @ 08/09/11 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
Some observations

Game is beautiful! Loving the colours!
Hitting is much smoother
Don't like the qb shuffling from side to side (it's way too fast)
Some transitional animations from huddle to line of scrimmage are very awkward
Some replay angles close up show horrible Jogging animations
Turf and jerseys look beautiful
Passing game seems improved
Running game feels very similar to NCAA 12

That's all for now!
turf does not look beautiful.... everything is a glimps being this a demo much isn't going to change

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.