Home
Madden 12 News Post

If you haven't played the Madden NFL 12 demo (or coincidentally, want to know what I think about the demo before I get my hands on the retail version to review) -- check out our newest video. I basically talk over the gameplay and just give some real time impressions about it. You can hear more from me tonight on the OS Radio Show at 8:30 EST!!!

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Skyliner80 @ 08/09/11 06:48 PM
I don't see it on the Youtube channel. Am I looking in the wrong place?

# 2 showbo1971 @ 08/09/11 07:05 PM
Nice video Chris....quick note, I played the 1st half of my first game on Pro and completed 7-8 passes for 135 yards and 3 TD's. When I bumped it up to All-Pro in the 2nd half I went 1-7 and threw 3 INTs and didn't score. This was with Rodgers.

I figured I would let you know since you mentioned it a few times throughout the video that the passing game was to easy on Pro.

# 3 ClevelandinDistress @ 08/09/11 07:19 PM
Hey Chris you can change the difficulty in the demo just so you know!

Any ways good video, didn't know you were such a funny guy.

Cheers

# 4 RaychelSnr @ 08/09/11 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by showbo1971
Nice video Chris....quick note, I played the 1st half of my first game on Pro and completed 7-8 passes for 135 yards and 3 TD's. When I bumped it up to All-Pro in the 2nd half I went 1-7 and threw 3 INTs and didn't score. This was with Rodgers.

I figured I would let you know since you mentioned it a few times throughout the video that the passing game was to easy on Pro.
I realized this when I stopped, recorded the audio and then started encoding. It was like, "well I'll look like a complete n00b..."

But yes, it does tighten things up quite a bit. I'm inclined to say Madden has some mojo this year...maybe.

# 5 realone504 @ 08/09/11 09:27 PM
my first pass was a pick but my first kickoff return was a td

# 6 poorch @ 08/09/11 10:57 PM
wow... its small but it does ruin the experience, the player just walked right throught the ref -_- 2ksports wouldnt have let crap like that happen

# 7 CajunPunk @ 08/09/11 11:51 PM
Now do one on a harder difficulty. :/

# 8 seasprite @ 08/10/11 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorch
wow... its small but it does ruin the experience, the player just walked right throught the ref -_- 2ksports wouldnt have let crap like that happen
Please stop

# 9 Goblowsoup @ 08/10/11 01:02 AM
poorch is right, the walking through other players and refs is annoying...same with the obnoxious player chatter. I don't know if I have a weird glitchy demo or what, but I suffered a lot of lighting bugs and other little gripes. I wasn't overall pleased with the Demo, and I'm not sure it fairly represents the full product. I will say that people shouldn't completely give EA hell and 2k all praises...2k has their fair share of bugs and glitches as well as player clipping and walkthrough issues. I think it's fair to say both groups have at some point let me down. It's 2011 and I see more issues in games today than I did 6 years ago. I'm not sure if I've just gotten pickier or if the industry has gotten lazier.

Anyways, just wanted to say poorch had a fair gripe, asking him to stop is fair as well since both EA and 2k have had issues with programming. The better thing to do rather than complain on here is to write EA and complain to them or just stop buying their games, if there was some healthy competition I'd most likely try it over Madden...but hey, it is what it is. Just make the best of it or don't play it. Keep playing 2k5...it's cheaper than buying a new game anyways.

# 10 I3RIS3H @ 08/10/11 01:22 AM
Quote:
2k Sports football is gone and never coming back. Enough with the posts about 2k.

# 11 H to the Oza @ 08/10/11 02:06 AM
2K5 was devoted to excellent gameplay.. Madden 2011 is devoted to excellent broadcast presentation. That is not right

# 12 Landonio @ 08/10/11 04:03 AM
Video is laggy as hell. YouTube link?

# 13 guaps @ 08/10/11 04:38 AM
So far you've spotted some of the issues I also noticed immediately playing the demo.

Defensive backs are too passive regardless of difficulty and the deep coverage is embarrassing at times. And running the ball is way too easy as the OL is overpowered. I'm having a hard time getting less that 4 yards on a simple run up the middle on all-pro. I think I currently average around 8-10 yards per carry with my RBs and even more with my QBs. I get at least 12-15 yards per carry with my QBs and I've yet to see them fumble the ball on a scramble - played 12-13 games so far.

FYI, I play on slow speed to get a more naturally looking game and with speed threshold at 35 to make QBs less superhuman-like when scrambling.

Also what do you think about special teams play (thinking mostly of punt returning here)?

# 14 The Bimmer @ 08/10/11 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
So far you've spotted some of the issues I also noticed immediately playing the demo.

Defensive backs are too passive regardless of difficulty and the deep coverage is embarrassing at times. And running the ball is way too easy as the OL is overpowered. I'm having a hard time getting less that 4 yards on a simple run up the middle on all-pro. I think I currently average around 8-10 yards per carry with my RBs and even more with my QBs. I get at least 12-15 yards per carry with my QBs and I've yet to see them fumble the ball on a scramble - played 12-13 games so far.

FYI, I play on slow speed to get a more naturally looking game and with speed threshold at 35 to make QBs less superhuman-like when scrambling.

Also what do you think about special teams play (thinking mostly of punt returning here)?
Its funny how the game plays different for users. I thought fumbles were to frequent. I have seen 4-5 fumbles from QB's on sacks and runs in 4 games. On the last one Cutler scrambled out of the pocket and ran for about 14yrds, then got blasted and fumbled the ball. The cool thing was the animation of him sitting there with both hands on his helmet.

It seems alot harder to pass on All-pro for me.

# 15 Broncos86 @ 08/10/11 09:06 AM
Quote:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ease-days.html

You may now laugh at yourself.

# 16 DGuinta1 @ 08/10/11 09:18 AM
Can you do another vid. on a harder level with your analysis? It was entertaining and pointed out a few things that normally I wouldn't see. Funny how nobody likes the look of the dreads in NCAA or the long hair in Madden12...lol

# 17 bigsmallwood @ 08/10/11 10:56 AM
Loved your commentary homie!!!! Hilarious! And I am glad that you see the potential problem areas of the game #GreatWork

# 18 brettmickey @ 08/10/11 11:17 AM
Jay Cutler. You are going to throw an interception... or 7. hahaha nice

# 19 jpdavis82 @ 08/10/11 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblowsoup
poorch is right, the walking through other players and refs is annoying...same with the obnoxious player chatter. I don't know if I have a weird glitchy demo or what, but I suffered a lot of lighting bugs and other little gripes. I wasn't overall pleased with the Demo, and I'm not sure it fairly represents the full product. I will say that people shouldn't completely give EA hell and 2k all praises...2k has their fair share of bugs and glitches as well as player clipping and walkthrough issues. I think it's fair to say both groups have at some point let me down. It's 2011 and I see more issues in games today than I did 6 years ago. I'm not sure if I've just gotten pickier or if the industry has gotten lazier.

Anyways, just wanted to say poorch had a fair gripe, asking him to stop is fair as well since both EA and 2k have had issues with programming. The better thing to do rather than complain on here is to write EA and complain to them or just stop buying their games, if there was some healthy competition I'd most likely try it over Madden...but hey, it is what it is. Just make the best of it or don't play it. Keep playing 2k5...it's cheaper than buying a new game anyways.
The reason you see this more now than you did then is because people want every single little detail in the games now. Back then people just wanted to play for fun and didn't care about all the little details, so there weren't as many things in the games to trigger all these bugs/graphical glitches. Those games from 6 years ago are almost laughable now if you go back and try to play them. As time goes by we expect more and more of the games and overlook a lot less than we did back then.

# 20 CHIEF630 @ 08/10/11 05:11 PM
omg i love madden 12 i think it's the best madden of the series i love the color the run game is not stiff anymore the passing is realistic i can honor or respect the guy in the video opinion on anything by default the game is on pro level and it will seem rather easy to play . ea has finaly got the right vision for the franchise also the player models are bigger that's a plus i love this game it reminds me of 2k5 withe the fluidness of the control i don't think this madden is for a true madden fan i think those that love 2k5 nfl will know flock to madden....... blip.tv/spontaneouscooking

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.