Home
UFC Undisputed 3 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: UFC Undisputed 3Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 12 - View All
UFC Undisputed 3 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Mossfan8480 @ 08/10/11 05:47 PM
Felt like I just watched 5 minutes of THQ propaganda.

# 2 Gotmadskillzson @ 08/10/11 07:21 PM
1st look or 1st talk ? This whole video was about guys talking about the game.......But at least the one guy saying he got TKO'ed by leg kicks sounds promising. Leg kicks will finally matter hopefully.

# 3 DaveDQ @ 08/11/11 08:25 AM
It's meant to be a teaser. No problem with that. Some of the transitions looked like ea mma. They obviously took some tips from their sub system but it kind of looked odd. Fighter movement looked a little robotic in and out of transitions.

# 4 Phobia @ 08/11/11 09:07 AM
I am very concerned with the constant comparisons of the competitive fight scene of Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and Marvel. I understand making the game balanced and have a place in the competitive fight scene. But the game should still hold true to its "SPORTS" roots. It is a game created to mimic a SPORT.

I will be honest, my most beloved franchise back in 2009 has completely gone down the crapper and I am not excited about this release. Don't want to get all pumped up and it be another disaster that 2010 was.

# 5 1WEiRDguy @ 08/11/11 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I am very concerned with the constant comparisons of the competitive fight scene of Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and Marvel. I understand making the game balanced and have a place in the competitive fight scene. But the game should still hold true to its "SPORTS" roots. It is a game created to mimic a SPORT.

I will be honest, my most beloved franchise back in 2009 has completely gone down the crapper and I am not excited about this release. Don't want to get all pumped up and it be another disaster that 2010 was.
yep...summed up my thoughts perfectly

# 6 DCowboys22 @ 08/11/11 11:13 AM
I'm also a little concerned about THQ looking to Street Fighter players for opinion, but I did read from someone at THQ that said they only wanted to get game balancing opinions from them as they are adept at finding unbalanced areas of fight games. But still a little concerning nonetheless.

The game is definitely improved, and it looks alot more fluid. But you can still see some room for serious improvement. Like during submissions, the fighters don't move. They need to be struggling for control or postion during the battle, not completely motionless. And some of the moves are unrealstic, like during the beginning of this video, the soccer kicks literally blasts Liddell off the mat and flips him back. At most, his head should crank back from the blow and his body should **** a litte and drop down like a sack of potatoes. I do really like the standup, seems like combos will actually be somewhat realistic.

# 7 Gotmadskillzson @ 08/11/11 01:51 PM
I also hope they make BJJ actual BJJ fighters and not weak wrestlers. The ground game has always been the weakest part of the series. Playing as BJJ and judo guys have been very boring because they make them so weak.

I mean last year wrestlers had better submission moves then BJJ guys. I was like WTF ?

Then you had wrestlers doing Judo throws, but Judo guys didn't even have Judo throws in his arsenal of moves. Another WTF moment.

They need to treat this game as an actual sport with strategy and not a fighting game. The past 2 years, going online with the UFC games was a punch button mash fest, which resulted in KO's within 40 seconds of the fight starting.

That is all people had to do was spam the punch buttons over and over again to win. So I seriously hope they fixed that and tripled the moves list and make the moves more discipline specific.

I shouldn't be seeing kick boxers, judo and BJJ guys shooting for double leg take downs or doing belly to belly suplexes. Just like I shouldn't be seeing muay thia fighters looking for submissions more often then a BJJ fighter.

And I shouldn't be seeing a BJJ fighter acting like he is a boxer and be dong stand up 98% of the time.

# 8 Iadf @ 08/11/11 09:14 PM
I swear the transitions and movements look just like 2010 to me. I'm hating the way the cat and mouse sub system works also hmmm.

Having pride mode though is really nice i can't hate on soccer kicks.

# 9 Jukeman @ 08/15/11 06:05 PM
When is it do out for release? It's hard not to get excited for this and WWE '12

Plz don't disappoint me THQ

---
- Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.