Home
Madden 12 News Post

These videos are also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 crob8822 @ 08/11/11 06:55 PM
Good Video, I liked the run by Mendenhal for a td. where was R. Lewis.

# 62 Lakers 24 7 @ 08/11/11 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtneer08
I went to a Steelers game couple years ago that had heavy rain and by the start of the 2nd quarter there were A LOT of empty seats.

Were they losing? Steeler fans showup rain sleet or snow.

# 63 jetup2343 @ 08/11/11 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
The game was set to heavy rain which tends the impact the overall stadium attendance. That's why the crowd isn't a sellout. Now I'm not saying fans wouldn't still show up for an AFC North showdown, but I wanted you to know the logic.
There were empty seats in the SB Play Now mode.

# 64 Mtneer08 @ 08/11/11 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
Were they losing? Steeler fans showup rain sleet or snow.

No they were not losing. They showed up (most of stadium was packed at the start of the game) but when the heavy rain came down a lot had left their seats to go inside of the stadium and tailgate in the parking lot. Of course most came back when the rain let up.

# 65 jmurphy31 @ 08/11/11 08:52 PM
Saw some good things...(I am tired of watching videos,,,I cant wait to actually play the retail version). But some things have me a little concerned...The commentary jsut says weird things that are out of place (The whole Kick Return someone else mentioned). As others have siad the constant super hit and violent tackles need to be toned down. Finally I agree with 31, about the slant routes. Against the CPU anything across the middle is money. I shouldn't have to run other routes to make the game a challenge. Does the CPU stop slants, yes occasionally, but not enough...

# 66 Da-Man @ 08/11/11 10:20 PM
I know it's been said before but damn the commentary by todays standard is really terrible. It's such a shame because the presentation minus the halftime show is great.

# 67 The Bimmer @ 08/11/11 10:21 PM
Great video, really looking forward Aug. 30th. Slant routes are not a worry, they will be fixed with sliders. The dynamic crowd is great, it would be TOTALLY RIDICULOUS to have a sold out exibition game in beautiful weather let alone pouring rain, I dont care if your in Philly, Green Bay, or Dallas. It aint sold out in Philly tonight and they are playing the Ravens, or in New england, or in San Diego.......

# 68 jpdavis82 @ 08/12/11 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
That TD run was beautiful with the cut scenes !!
The whole sequence was man, the way Gus says "One touch is all he needs, wow" and it was on Mendenhall's first carry. Then the way Mendenhall jumps in the stands and Cris talks about his juke move. That is what I hope to see a lot of this year and especially next year with the new commentary engine.

# 69 petersondagreat @ 08/12/11 01:53 AM
I think the Big Hits is something that really needs to be addressed because guys arent getting their clock cleaned every other play in real life. Plus it takes the WOW factor out of big hits so they most def need more regular tackles and gang tackles especially after watching pre season ball tonight, big hits are rare and should be a WOW moment not every other play. It would be like playing 2k and every other play somebody gets dunked on

# 70 Matt10 @ 08/12/11 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by petersondagreat
I think the Big Hits is something that really needs to be addressed because guys arent getting their clock cleaned every other play in real life. Plus it takes the WOW factor out of big hits so they most def need more regular tackles and gang tackles especially after watching pre season ball tonight, big hits are rare and should be a WOW moment not every other play. It would be like playing 2k and every other play somebody gets dunked on
I agree - but hopefully sliders can take care of some of that for us offline guys.

I'm pretty impressed with how the game look so far. Maybe I just miss the NFL in general - but this looks like something that could get some playability, let's hope there are no major issues come two weeks after release.

# 71 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 08/12/11 11:45 PM
the game looks solid..but still arcadish too me..I guess i just have higher expectations in 2011 than most..I dont want to see players sliding all over the place..i wanna get the sense of feet actually planting on the ground..and i wanna see alot more variation in animations..

# 72 biggameplayerz @ 08/13/11 01:06 AM
Looks like a big improvement over Madden 11. No more BS flat throws all game on offense.

# 73 jpdavis82 @ 08/13/11 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
the game looks solid..but still arcadish too me..I guess i just have higher expectations in 2011 than most..I dont want to see players sliding all over the place..i wanna get the sense of feet actually planting on the ground..and i wanna see alot more variation in animations..
I think you will feel a lot better about the game if you slow the game speed and threshold speed down.

# 74 realone504 @ 08/13/11 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtneer08
Can anyone tell if the camera angle is closer compared to the demo version or the same?
yea its closer thin the demo

# 75 mazinkaiser @ 08/13/11 06:25 PM
The pre-snap on defense looks the same as the demo. I really hope that they give more time on defense to make adjustments or this is a deal breaker for me. I don't want to get smoked by eagles users just because I don't have enough time to set a spy and set contain and set my pass defense.

# 76 Kramer5150 @ 08/13/11 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Just FYI this isn't the final build of the game
According to this,it IS the final build.

Quote:
EA Sports has released another two videos offering the opportunity to watch directly-captured gameplay footage of Madden NFL 12. Comprising of the first and second quarter (final build) with the Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers in the rain it does not use the base rosters as some of the player movement – that will be made when the first roster update arrives in time for release – has been manually completed.
http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/08/13...-madden-nfl-12

# 77 UMhester04 @ 08/13/11 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Looks good, but they've got to get the punt return blocking fixed by release.
AGREED!

10 char.

# 78 jpdavis82 @ 08/13/11 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
According to this,it IS the final build.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/08/13...-madden-nfl-12
According to Justin Dewiel who works for EA, it's not, but I know it's probably close enough that there probably won't be many noticeable changes from this to the final build.

# 79 BezO @ 08/19/11 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
...Part of the problem with that run was the alignment of the defense, but I'm not going to talk too much about it. It's been beaten to death to the right people.
Coupled with the lack of engaged player mobility, the bad alignment is killing the defense.

Quote:
Also at 4:40-4:47 Marshal Yanda pulls on a counter play and runs right by James Harrison This is the type of stuff that should be addressed.
And on the play before, he ignores the RB and lays right into the FB block. Suction may be gone but the defensive AI still has defenders looking for blockers instead of the ball.

Quote:
James Harrison and McFadden appear to be man to man on Boldin on one play, how is Harrison an OLB out in front of a WR running the route better than him?
And was still unaware of the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakeja71
The 8 minute mark where the Suisham drills a return man for the Ravens is not good. A kicker running down the field in a NFL game and no one knocks him silly? The Ravens allow that? Seriously ,EA?
Not even sure why a kicker would be running down on a kick-off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
...but they've got to get the punt return blocking fixed by release.
Not sure if you're talking about the gunners but I wonder if they will ever get a double team attempt in the game. The inside blocker turning and running down field looks silly.

I just saw some NBA 2K vids, so this looks even worse than it normally does.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.