Home
Madden 12 News Post

ESPN The Gamer has posted the Madden NFL 12 player ratings for the Philadelphia Eagles and Washington Redskins.

Are there any changes you would like to see, or are they just about right?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 guaps @ 08/12/11 05:39 AM
Vick is gonna be all over the place with those ratings. This is gonna be Madden 04 all over again.

# 2 Roncatto @ 08/12/11 05:46 AM
Scary to think all of FA signings aren't even in there yet.

Thank god i only have to play Eagles once in my online league lol.

WHOEVER IS THE EAGLES ONLINE, IF YOU LOSE ANY GAME YOUR RUBBISH hahaha

Redskins could be good franchise to rescue?

# 3 kbseven @ 08/12/11 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
Vick is gonna be all over the place with those ratings. This is gonna be Madden 04 all over again.
yeah but he deserves it, imo some of his attributes should be higher. the problem is how people use him not his actual rating.

# 4 kbseven @ 08/12/11 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMe12
At least in my first season, the only time that I will have a chance to meet the Eagles is in the postseason. It will be something to think about while defending the title with my Green Bay Packers.
don't you mean defending the belt?

# 5 mccroix @ 08/12/11 06:00 AM
- Chaney 69?! WTF
- Avant will easily get over the 80 during the season, and his catch rating is a joke, he should be at least 90 there
- how on earth is D. Patterson a 79, should be 70 at most
- Coleman should be over 70, too
LOL @ Dorenbos being a LB

# 6 brza37 @ 08/12/11 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
Scary to think all of FA signings aren't even in there yet.

Thank god i only have to play Eagles once in my online league lol.

WHOEVER IS THE EAGLES ONLINE, IF YOU LOSE ANY GAME YOUR RUBBISH hahaha

Redskins could be good franchise to rescue?
Yeah, I feel bad about using them now. But they've always been my team. Lots of pressure to perform now

And gotta say I disagree with some of the ratings. I love Desean but his Catch 91 and SPC 92 are way too high. He drops a lot of easy passes (11 drops and only 41 receptions last year) and he also doesn't come up with that many great grabs to have a SPC in the 90s. Jason Avant on the other hand has amazing hands and one of the lowest drop rates in the league, definitely the best hands on the team. They should swap the CTH and SPC ratings of Desean and Avant. But that would probably mess up the OVRs for both.
Also, Chaney is SAM (LOLB), Matthews is MLB and Fokou WILL (ROLB) but those moves weren't clear until training camp so I'll cut Donny some slack on that as long as he updates it for the release day rosters.

Overrated:
CB D. Patterson
FS M. Jackson
LB E. Sims
LB A. Jordan
LB R. Jeanty
RE R. Sapp (yeah I know he's only a 59 but he's got 85 SPD and 92 FMV, that is way too dangerous for a guy that isn't even on a team right now)
WR D. Jackson (CTH and SPC are just too high)

Underrated:
WR J. Avant
LB J. Chaney
DT T. Laws
SS K. Coleman

# 7 kbseven @ 08/12/11 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMe12
Title, belt.............all the same to me.
yeah i know, it's just rodger's does his belt thing that's why i said it haha

# 8 LambertandHam @ 08/12/11 06:43 AM
Vick.. wow, scary stuff.

Thank god for linebackers

# 9 sbwan @ 08/12/11 06:56 AM
I see they still screwed Vick when it comes to CAR(carry) attribute. So this means another season of him fumbling at least twice a game. That is BS! I rarely break the pocket and run even tho its Vick but he fumbles alot when he gets sacked because of that damn low CAR rating so running with him is a guaranteed fumble. Is this how they try to deter ppl from playing with Vick? By contrast Kolb CAR is 70 and hardly ever runs with the ball!

# 10 TomBrady @ 08/12/11 07:09 AM
Quote:
- Avant will easily get over the 80 during the season, and his catch rating is a joke, he should be at least 90 there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKN2_AmLqNo

# 11 mccroix @ 08/12/11 07:31 AM

# 12 kbseven @ 08/12/11 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbwan
I see they still screwed Vick when it comes to CAR(carry) attribute. So this means another season of him fumbling at least twice a game. That is BS! I rarely break the pocket and run even tho its Vick but he fumbles alot when he gets sacked because of that damn low CAR rating so running with him is a guaranteed fumble. Is this how they try to deter ppl from playing with Vick? By contrast Kolb CAR is 70 and hardly ever runs with the ball!
this pisses me off so much, especially since vy carry is 76 and was in the 80s last yr. young fumbles just as much if not more than mike. vick has his share of fumbles but he's not that bad

# 13 xpmar9x @ 08/12/11 07:36 AM
NOT looking forward to playing vs the Eagles... I'll need multiple LBs on QB spies, and will probably still get burnt by Vick. If you don't double DeSean he'll blow by me (being the Titans) easily. Looks like the ONLY thing you can do is try and get to Vick, being that the OL is avg at best.

Won't be able to pass the ball at all either with those 3 Amigos at CB.

This is not fair. lol

# 14 SuperNoVa27 @ 08/12/11 08:52 AM
I'm not even going to continue looking at the ratings......so outdated, I mean Weaver?!?

# 15 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 08/12/11 09:06 AM
- Only thing that really sticks out to me is that M Fokou should NOT be a 76...He is a horrible LB and if he gets in on a play its because he accidently ran the wrong way. To build off of that note , Chaney should be much higher than a 69...In fact , switch those 2 players ratings and I think that would be better.

- Dimitri patterson at a 79 is a joke. I know he doesnt play for us anymore , but he was horrible and got burned on quite a few occasions last year.

- Happy with Jaiqwaun Jarrett's tackle rating (80) and hit power rating (87). His speed I believe will go up with updates , he ran a slow 40 at the combine , actually it was the same as Brian Dawkins , I never considered B-Dawk to be a slow player by any means.

# 16 Uncle Way @ 08/12/11 09:07 AM
Skins look about right... Any complaints would really just be nitpicking for the sake of it..

I've already voiced my opinions about our rookies in their respective positional threads..

# 17 mccroix @ 08/12/11 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee4life
those two plays have something in common bro! Pratice not a game practiceeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah so?
Drops like that one happen..Avant is know to have some of the best hands in the NFL so pointing out ONE drop is beyond pathetic

# 18 DUDERMAN @ 08/12/11 09:28 AM
This is why they should run these ratings through someone that knows the team. No way can one person get everything right. Well here's whats right/wrong with the Eagles...

Overrated:
D Jackson (like someone said before, his CAT and SPC are way too high)
K Dunlap (yes, 69 is too high for this guy.)
B Bunkley (see A Dixon in the underrated section.)
V Abiamiri (what has this guy done to be a 73? his INJ rating should be 20)
D Patterson (The guy had about a 3 week good run, then was one of the worst CBs in football for the rest of the season)
M Jackson (Looks horrible in camp, never played as a safety in a game)

Finally Got Right:
J Maclin (I personally would have him like an 88 but his ratings are good. Every Eagles fan knows that even though Jackson is our best playmaker, Maclin is our best overall receiver. If Jackson ratings were dropped slightly to make them an equal overall, this would be perfect.)
B Celek (Consistent but not great TE, good rating after a down year)
L McCoy (I feel by the end of the season, this guy will be in the 90's. Great upcoming running back)
K Kolb (He may not be an Eagle anymore but it's good to finally see him get some Madden love)
T Herremans (He only went up by 1 OVR but I've been saying for awhile he should crack the 90 barrier)
E Sims (Finally, after many bad seasons, he drops below an 80)
J Dorenbos (Well, he's no Linebacker but props for having him in the game at least. Hope his LS rating is high, he is a probowler.)

Underrated:
J Avant (77 is a disgrace for the best hands on the team. This guy rarely misses a ball and makes the most spectatular catches on our team every year. He may not get many YAC but he is clutch on 3rd downs with his great hands.)
J Harrison (He had a good year in a small reserve role, why lower his rating? He will do good in Detroit.)
J Peters (another disgrace. This guy is one of the most dominant LT in football. Look it up, the guy is a beast and our best OL by far. Should be 93+)
J Jackson (When healthy, he's one of the more consistent centers in the league. Should be low to mid 80's)
J Chaney (Really??? He was our best linebacker last year and and he doesn't go up at all? I'm not saying crown him 80+ after one year but he should at least be in the 70's after his good season)
S Rocca (He's gotten better every year. Last years he had on of the best NET averages for a punter. Deserves about an 80 at this point, even if he's on the deadskins now.)
A Dixon (Bunkley didn't get benched because he played poorly, he got benched because A Dixon played so good. His ratings should reflect that.)
J Hanson (One of the better nickel CBs in the league, he's just horrible when you put him outside.)

Agree/Disagree Eagle fans?

# 19 philliesfan136 @ 08/12/11 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDERMAN
This is why they should run these ratings through someone that knows the team. No way can one person get everything right. Well here's whats right/wrong with the Eagles...

Overrated:
D Jackson (like someone said before, his CAT and SPC are way too high)
K Dunlap (yes, 69 is too high for this guy.)
B Bunkley (see A Dixon in the underrated section.)
V Abiamiri (what has this guy done to be a 73? his INJ rating should be 20)
D Patterson (The guy had about a 3 week good run, then was one of the worst CBs in football for the rest of the season)
M Jackson (Looks horrible in camp, never played as a safety in a game)

Finally Got Right:
J Maclin (I personally would have him like an 88 but his ratings are good. Every Eagles fan knows that even though Jackson is our best playmaker, Maclin is our best overall receiver. If Jackson ratings were dropped slightly to make them an equal overall, this would be perfect.
B Celek (Consistent but not great TE, good rating after a down year)
L McCoy (I feel by the end of the season, this guy will be in the 90's. Great upcoming running back)
K Kolb (He may not be an Eagle anymore but it's good to finally see him get some Madden love)
T Herremans (He only went up by 1 OVR but I've been saying for awhile he should crack the 90 barrier)
E Sims (Finally, after many bad seasons, he drops below an 80)
J Dorenbos (Well, he's no Linebacker but props for having him in the game at least. Hope his LS rating is high, he is a probowler.)

Underrated:
J Avant (77 is a disgrace for the best hands on the team. This guy rarely misses a ball and makes the most spectatular catches on our team every year. He may not get many YAC but he is clutch on 3rd downs with his great hands.)
J Harrison (He had a good year in a small reserve role, why lower his rating? He will do good in Detroit.)
J Peters (another disgrace. This guy is one of the most dominant LT in football. Look it up, the guy is a beast and our best OL by far. Should be 93+)
J Jackson (When healthy, he's one of the more consistent centers in the league. Should be low to mid 80's)
J Chaney (Really??? He was or best linebacker last year and and he doesn't go up at all? I'm not sayign crown him 80+ after one year but he should at least be in the 70's after his good season last year)
S Rocca (He's gotten better every year. Last years he had on of the best NET averages for a punter. Deserves about an 80 at this point, even if he's on the deadskins now.)
A Dixon (Bunkley didn't get benched because he played poorly, he got benched because A Dixon played so good. His ratings should reflect that.)
J Hanson (One of the better nickel CBs in the league, he's just horrible when you put him outside.)

Agree/Disagree Eagle fans?
Agree on all points.
I also think they should get a ratings guy for each individual team that actually knows them.

# 20 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 08/12/11 09:44 AM
Great breakdown by DUDERMAN. Cant argue any of the points. I lol'd at the king dunlap point...spot on. Only thing I would say i dont agree with is V. Abiamiri ...73 is right for him. But yes , his injury should be 20. 73 just seems right to me for him. other than that great breakdown.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.