Home
Madden 12 News Post

ESPN The Gamer has posted the Madden NFL 12 player ratings for the Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers.

Are there any changes you would like to see, or are they just about right?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Quack23 @ 08/15/11 06:25 AM
Arizona
Overrated: Adrian Wilson
Underrated: Lyle Sendlein

San Francisco
Overrated: Joe Staley
Underrated: Ray McDonald, NaVorro Bowman

# 2 PolkHigh33 @ 08/15/11 07:49 AM
Alex Smith a 75? Lol guy should be a 0 ..

Wish the rosters were a little more updated ..

# 3 tical2399 @ 08/15/11 08:18 AM
I think 75 for smith is ok, though I wouldn't gripe too much if it was around 73. As a 49er fan I won't give up until the man plays 2 straight seasons under the same OC. 7 different OC in 7 seasons will make most QBs look bad.

Sucks to see they don't have our 7trh round pick Curtis Holcomb on the game. Hopefully he will be in the first roster update.

Even though this is not the up to date roster, I can see by the guys on the team that are left that I will be spending lots of draft picks on defense the first 2 seasons. Good thing I got alot of my juniors to come back for their senior season on NCAA I will be needing them as rookies on madden it seems.

# 4 PolkHigh33 @ 08/15/11 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tical2399
I think 75 for smith is ok, though I wouldn't gripe too much if it was around 73. As a 49er fan I won't give up until the man plays 2 straight seasons under the same OC. 7 different OC in 7 seasons will make most QBs look bad.

Sucks to see they don't have our 7trh round pick Curtis Holcomb on the game. Hopefully he will be in the first roster update.

Even though this is not the up to date roster, I can see by the guys on the team that are left that I will be spending lots of draft picks on defense the first 2 seasons. Good thing I got alot of my juniors to come back for their senior season on NCAA I will be needing them as rookies on madden it seems.
Sorry I don't buy into the OC argument ..

His arm is incredibly inaccurate and his decision making is garbage .. sorry that has nothing to do with your playbook ..

Guy shouldn't be in the NFL ..

# 5 Reptar @ 08/15/11 08:49 AM
Vernon Davis is rated the same as Jermichael Finley?

# 6 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/15/11 09:13 AM
Breaston's a little bit on the underrated side imo

# 7 xpmar9x @ 08/15/11 10:05 AM
Cardinals will improve a ton on Madden with Kolb. That is, if he doesn't get sacked everytime with that great Cardinals OL.

# 8 xpmar9x @ 08/15/11 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptar
Vernon Davis is rated the same as Jermichael Finley?
Probably because of Vernons just average blocking. Because his receiving stats are amazing. Besides his 74 RRG? Don't understand that one..

# 9 xpmar9x @ 08/15/11 10:14 AM
Taylor Mays is a Madden monster, at least for me.

95 Speed
93 Acceleration
95 Agility
66 Tackle
81 Zone
91 Hit Power

I play a ton of zone on D, especially with my safties. Mays has great speed, and a decent zone rating. Would be a perfect fit for me... in fact, I'll probably trade for him in franchise

# 10 spfhelmiii @ 08/15/11 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpmar9x
Probably because of Vernons just average blocking. Because his receiving stats are amazing. Besides his 74 RRG? Don't understand that one..
Based on the last few seasons (and overlooking Friday's game against the Saints), Vernon's passblocking should be really the same as a relatively poor offensive tackle - he is one of the best, if not THE best, passblocking TE in the NFL. Run blocking needs some work, however.

They need to bump up Alex Boone big time. He will be our 2nd tackle at both spots, sounds like, and is single-handedly keeping Barry Sims off the roster. I think he should be rated up to a 69-70 OVR.

# 11 Reptar @ 08/15/11 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpmar9x
What most people don't realize is before Vernon broke out with the 13 TD season he was in the pro bowl for blocking.Mike Singletary said he was the best blocking Tight End he's seen.

# 12 Gorilla Glass @ 08/15/11 11:00 AM
After really watching Hightower play on Friday night, he is definitely faster than the 84 speed EA through at him. I would say atleast a 91 at minimum.

# 13 PolkHigh33 @ 08/15/11 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles012
I agree with Taylor Mays plus he will most likely be a B potential making it a little bit easier to trade for him ( first guys ratings I checked was Mays because hes such a physical freak ) Perfect fit for my Bears, compete for a starting job with Major Wright.
I really hope the 49ers don't trade Mays .. they haven't even given this kid a chance yet ..

# 14 ewing6 @ 08/15/11 11:12 AM
Wonderful the Giants starting center(who we overpaid for in rl, but thats another story) is a 71 overall.

# 15 DUDERMAN @ 08/15/11 11:41 AM
DRC

85 OVR
98 SPD
98 ACC
98 AGL
99 JMP
95 MAN
84 ZCV

All for a "nickel" corner

# 16 quagga @ 08/15/11 11:44 AM
As an Eagles fan, I am enjoying these reveals just to see the ratings of all our FA pickups -

RB Ronnie Brown from the Dolphins (84)
S Jarrad Page from the Pats (79)
RT Ryan Harris from the Broncos (85)
WR JL Higgins from the Raiders (68, but probably won't make the final roster)
CB Nnamdi Asomugha from the Raiders (98)
QB Vince Young from the Titans (77)
DE Jason Babin from the Titans (90)
WR Steve Smith from the Giants (84)
DE C Wilson from the Redskins (63 as an OLB, but also probably won't make the team)
And now, from the Arizona Reveal, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (85)

- Though for some reason, G Evan Mathis, who was on the Bengals, isn't listed, so I don't know what he is rated.

Now I can't wait for the reveals of the Rams, Green Bay and the Saints to discover the ratings of DL Derek Landri, Cullen Jenkins and Anthony Hargrove .

# 17 Brandwin @ 08/15/11 12:11 PM
Adding Braylon Edwards and Donte Whitner to the team, they become the best at their position on the 49ers, both an 85.

Carlos Rogers is an 80. one point behind Spencer.

I was surprised to see Alex Smith a 75 as well.

# 18 infemous @ 08/15/11 01:52 PM
Taylor mays is ridiculously overrated. I mean, how wrong can his ratings be?

The mad top end speed is bang on, he's a freak, but does anyone else remember that his stiff hips greatly impact his lateral movement and agility, which are 90's here... And coupled with poor spacial awareness leads to him sucking in zone?

Why is he an 81 zone?

Did he prove he was good in zone last year? I can only smh St these ratings.

Is there a particular reason as to why the ratings are significantly increased from m11? What happened to the scaled back approach to ratings promised in m10? They've gone up each year, leading to the public belief that 70 and 80 are low ratings and not worth anything...

Am i the only one who's noticed this?

# 19 infemous @ 08/15/11 01:59 PM
Oh and is 84 meant to be low? Seems like a high injury rating for a guy who's only ever played 16 games in a season once in his career.

Staying on Frank Gore... It'll be interesting to see how much faster than Steven Jackson he is rated, because in reality he really isn't faster. Just looks it due to the cosiderable size difference. They both cover the same amount of ground at the same speed.

# 20 tap11 @ 08/15/11 02:30 PM
I am no Alex Smith fan, but he performed better last year than Kevin Kolb who got an 84 rating.

I am also wondring why Vernon Davis is slower than Frank Gore - this is just silly.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.