Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 domidomdomz @ 08/18/11 06:40 AM
Defense is noticeably smarter with the possession where Dirk was doubled by Anthony and Lebron, then Wade switching to Chandler and leaving Rudy on the weak side.

# 22 Goffs @ 08/18/11 06:43 AM
Cpu Rudy should've shot that ball rather than run to the 3 point line and shoot...he was open...

# 23 JSensui @ 08/18/11 06:56 AM
It looks alright. There was a crap ton of bumping between Wade/Butler, and it made me a little worried. I never liked how a player would be an impenetrable wall at times.

As said before, jump shots look nice. Transition from live dribble to shot looks better.

Not much on the video to comment on. I need to see some plays being run, and a fast break before I can really say anything.

# 24 KyotoCarl @ 08/18/11 07:04 AM
Caron's pull up jumper @1.47 looks really smooth!

Seems to me like some player models are too big though. Jason Kidd looks slightly too big. Could just be the quality of the video though.

# 25 JSensui @ 08/18/11 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Caron's pull up jumper @1.47 looks really smooth!

Seems to me like some player models are too big though. Jason Kidd looks slightly too big. Could just be the quality of the video though.
I think eventually, they're gonna have to make the court bigger. It seems like the court should be bigger from 3 point line to half court. Corners need to wider too.

# 26 gabri3l3 @ 08/18/11 07:29 AM
the court is not bigger than last year...

# 27 KyotoCarl @ 08/18/11 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabri3l3
the court is not bigger than last year...
You felt it was too small last year?

I know I wrote that I thought player models were too big, but that might just be the quality of the video. Last year I though spacing was really good.

Spacing also usually depends on the camera angle. When you watch mavs games, it looks like the court is smaller and when you watch Knicks games it feels like it's bigger, but it's just the camera angle.

# 28 Control-X @ 08/18/11 07:36 AM
I see some nice improvements and I'm liking what I see. But I need to see more videos.
My little bro happened to watch the vid with me, he asked "yo is it the 4th quarter?", I said, "why?"...
"the crowd goes wild already." I just lmao "this is 2k12 bro, everybody's excited" )

# 29 Sparkles @ 08/18/11 08:25 AM
ummmmmm.. does anybody think it looks exactly like 2k11??????????

# 30 gabri3l3 @ 08/18/11 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
You felt it was too small last year?

I know I wrote that I thought player models were too big, but that might just be the quality of the video. Last year I though spacing was really good.

Spacing also usually depends on the camera angle. When you watch mavs games, it looks like the court is smaller and when you watch Knicks games it feels like it's bigger, but it's just the camera angle.
Yeah, I felt the court was a bit small (or the players too big); the court just seemed too crowded at times...
It's true that spacing depends on camera angle, though.

# 31 bumpyface @ 08/18/11 08:33 AM
Didn't seem like much or a difference from 2k11. It did play a bit faster. Hope they focused more on gameplay with this one.

# 32 Nodima @ 08/18/11 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSensui
It looks alright. There was a crap ton of bumping between Wade/Butler, and it made me a little worried. I never liked how a player would be an impenetrable wall at times.

As said before, jump shots look nice. Transition from live dribble to shot looks better.

Not much on the video to comment on. I need to see some plays being run, and a fast break before I can really say anything.
Yea but did you see how effortlessly Dirk turned the corner on that first drive? Granted it was the CPU and they seemed to get the benefit of the doubt with that more often on 2K11 too, but it was a good sign.

Also you can tell by watching Dirk Caron and LeBron that jumpers are a LOT smoother this year. LeBron and Dirk would have been hanging forever on those jumpshots in 2K11.

# 33 Goffs @ 08/18/11 08:42 AM
that Lebron (i think its him) layup at the end of the vid would've been that canned contact layup animation from the past....

# 34 Pared @ 08/18/11 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
Maybe?????????????

# 35 KyotoCarl @ 08/18/11 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
I don't think it's necessary, or possible, to make drastic graphical changes. 2K11 looked great.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=59.317825,18.032618

# 36 bumpyface @ 08/18/11 09:00 AM
Check out LB pushin the ball upcourt at 1:20. Fast break issues have plagued the 2k series for the last couple installments. Lets hope they have corrected this aspect of the game.

# 37 laroche360 @ 08/18/11 09:11 AM
sorry but i don't c any differences,have to c more videos

# 38 ybtherockstar @ 08/18/11 09:29 AM
The crowd seems more into it and the jumpshots look more polished. Other than that i have to see more videos.

# 39 Da-Man @ 08/18/11 09:40 AM
meh... It doesnt look very good so im not buying.

# 40 wrestlinggod1 @ 08/18/11 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurtySoufReppin
1. Walking the ball up court dribble is back 0:20

2. New passing animations (J-Kidd) 0:30

3. Jumper momentum looks much better (Caron Butler 1:45 & Chris Bosh 1:23)

4. Players are still falling for no fu*king reason 0:46 (Caron Butler on LBJ Drive)

5. Dirk's shot is fixed 0:33

6. Post Game looks more realistic (on both ends) 1:40

7. Less bumping on defense

8. Defense plays much smarter when player loses his dribble @ 1:09 (puts hand in face and plays tighter)

I wish they could have changed the small visual things like scoreboard and menus that would make it feel/look newer.

Also the contact in the paint isn't as good as I'd like it but it still looks good.

Those momentum shots and the post game are going to look good with Z-Bo and Rudy
Seems VERY familiar?
http://slumz.boxden.com/f13/nba-2k12...ality-1598428/

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.