Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

These videos are also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

DaWolf has provided OS with 8 NBA 2K12 videos, he captured from his recent visit to Gamescom.

We'll be posting his NBA 2K12 impressions later today. Make sure you check out his website at http://www.nbagames.de/.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 LeBronistheKing @ 08/21/11 11:51 PM
The textures seem to look better than last year, and the tattoos on LeBron look to be the most realistic and accurate that has been seen on a 2K basketball game. They just need to fix the positioning of the NBA logo on his headband to make it centered, and then that would probably be the best LeBron player model to date.

# 182 Knickerbocker @ 08/22/11 12:03 AM
Wow. Look at Dirk in that 5 minute video. He is moving forward and backwards with his hands lifted! They finally changed that! Also when he spins of the dribble he does it with such speed that the move might actually be usefull! And all of the post moves look a lot more explosive and not the slo-mo please block me type anymore.

# 183 ClevelandinDistress @ 08/22/11 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker
Wow. Look at Dirk in that last video. He is moving forward and backwards with his hands lifted! They finally changed that!
woooooo!

# 184 Goffs @ 08/22/11 12:29 AM
one more vid from the two American kids

# 185 neptuneniq @ 08/22/11 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
one more vid from the two American kids
lol at him blaming dirk for the foul

he clearly left his defensive assignment on lebron

# 186 ctu130 @ 08/22/11 11:14 AM
Lebron's free throw animation is the same as 2k10 :S i didnt think it looked any good back then. D: other than that, i can't wait to see more!

# 187 Goffs @ 08/23/11 11:45 PM
someone that doesn't spam the steal button...he's actually playing pretty good to

nice post up from Dirk...was hoping to see his fade away..

and another...quality is not as good BUT this guy knows how to play as well and its 8 minutes of pure goodness probably the best one out there right now

i can say now that those canned layup animation when a defender is near you is gone...it looks more natural whenever he drove in and did a move...

# 188 23 @ 08/23/11 11:56 PM
Good catch Goffs... the spacing looks a bit better which is a plus in my book

I want to see some walk up the court animation though, everybody still runs like its 2k11

# 189 exposedaking @ 08/24/11 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Good catch Goffs... the spacing looks a bit better which is a plus in my book

I want to see some walk up the court animation though, everybody still runs like its 2k11
me too, are they bringing back the skipping up the court animations? from 2k7-2k10? where it looks like theyre calling a play as they walk up court?

# 190 23 @ 08/24/11 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exposedaking
me too, are they bringing back the skipping up the court animations? from 2k7-2k10? where it looks like theyre calling a play as they walk up court?

Not sure about skipping but ive seen some walking animations in short spurts from these vids

LeBron did it on one of these above as a matter of fact for a short sec.

# 191 DurtySoufReppin @ 08/24/11 12:21 AM
Nice Videos Goff..

Things that I caught from the 3rd video

The suction animations have been toned down and they look much more authentic (5:22),Wade even adds a patented flop lol. The defense plays much smarter against lead passes (2:06 and 4:20).

The passing looks much more smooth and it's not hard to make simple passes. Look @ 1:45. That pass was delivered very Jason Kidd like. Smooth and quick. You can also J-Kidd do a walk-up animation before making the pass, it looks much better. You can see J-Kidd call for the ball as he backs up at 4:58, there's a glimpse of a double team right before that.

6:20 you can see Wade's crossover, I don't know if it's signature but it looks like Wade.

The contact under the rim looks like it has better detection @ 3:20

Lebron goes up for a contest lay-up but it goes in, but this is more than likely on casual.

Also something I caught was that it is possible to inbound the ball under the rim without the ball hitting the back of the backboard 4:45.

Post games look much smoother and seems to have give you a larger variety of moves. No more slow/sluggish animations that are a pain to watch and perform. They look much more smooth, especially the fadeaways out of the post.

Can't wait to see Z-Bo in this game. I hope they fixed his shot

# 192 coolcras7 @ 08/24/11 01:13 AM
These 3 video are probably the best so far better shot selection and better spacing you can see how players strength affects there post game ,just one thing I did not like in the second video around 2:26 Bosh catches the ball in the post and turns to face Dirk and for a second he runs in place right at Dirk and there is not real contract created between them he runs in place with not lost of control of the ball or force back until he get a lane to the basket.

# 193 mlp111 @ 08/24/11 01:42 AM
nice find, good to see the shoes wade has on, hope they totally fix the generics, hate that fact, if they dont, will only be a pc buy for me

# 194 mlp111 @ 08/26/11 01:17 AM
nice new video i just found
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXXDug86F0E

# 195 mlp111 @ 08/26/11 01:20 AM
lebron move at 2:50-2:55, sick!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.