Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

These videos are also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

DaWolf has provided OS with 8 NBA 2K12 videos, he captured from his recent visit to Gamescom.

We'll be posting his NBA 2K12 impressions later today. Make sure you check out his website at http://www.nbagames.de/.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 illwill10 @ 08/19/11 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
not a dumb statement 2k claims that this year they have a physics based system where player weight plays a greater role in situations like that.
I read that part. And have faith it will be fixed.
I just dont want to see Lebron James running Full Sprint against a weak Defender and bounce back like he hit a magnetic wall. If they reduced Sliding, it will greatly improve gameplay. Once you pressed Turbo and sprinted, AI got triggered. I didnt actually mind Physic defenders because it could be reduced with sliders(not in MP)

# 122 Eman5805 @ 08/19/11 12:24 AM
LeBron is noticably slimmer and doesn't look like the friggin' Hulk anymore. Noice.

Love the sprint from a jog animation and how the ball is thrown out in front.

I'd comment on the playing quality in the vids, but I got in hot water last year for that so I'll say that, I wish I could've seen some better passing cuz it looks like a lot's been upgraded in that arena, at least at a glance.

# 123 illwill10 @ 08/19/11 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Love the sprint from a jog animation and how the ball is thrown out in front.
It is gonna come in handy when there is only 6 Secs left in a half and you have a fast player. See a realistic scramble to get up a good shot.

# 124 rockchisler @ 08/19/11 01:10 AM
Camera angle has been adjusted slightly, They listened to me.Yeaaaa, ITS MOVED OVER MORE TO SIDE AS IT FOLLOWS THE ACTION..

# 125 alkamist @ 08/19/11 01:15 AM
sry to say but until i get this game on my xbox(demo) it looks the same as lasts yrs, im not buying this game for legends, im buying this game because of its great game play, now come one people, even the coaches, and the fans still look square and cartoon and when are we getting a Online Franchise like Madden has...

The thing about 2k 11 was the inbound stealing, and also the passing people would just block the pass every time, now come on nba players dont block a pass or should try to steal every full court pass, or 5 feet passes... things like that need to be fixed... passing down low to the center in the middle of the key now is that still there, or is our def smart enough to cover that 5 sec center in the key pass...

# 126 Behindshadows @ 08/19/11 01:23 AM
I loved the fact that the player models are bigger in size, yet slimmer in weight.

Flow of the animations are nice and the graphics and other things looked unchanged much. Other than close ups.

Loved the intros 10x!

One thing I noticed and hated a lot in 2k11, is that stupid running back animation when you get the ball. Even caused a back court violation. That damn animation needs to be removed, it's kind of forces CPU control of your player, when the ball is passed I don't like it.

Animations and movement / reaction to crossovers look much better, and so do blocks and block attempts.

DaWolf thanks for sharing these great videos...Much appreciated and love the quality.

# 127 SouthBeach @ 08/19/11 02:33 AM
Not sure if this has been posted already:

Wish they hadn't skipped the pregame presentations.

Pretty poor quality, but you get the gist of it.

# 128 SouthBeach @ 08/19/11 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkamist
sry to say but until i get this game on my xbox(demo) it looks the same as lasts yrs, im not buying this game for legends, im buying this game because of its great game play, now come one people, even the coaches, and the fans still look square and cartoon and when are we getting a Online Franchise like Madden has...

The thing about 2k 11 was the inbound stealing, and also the passing people would just block the pass every time, now come on nba players dont block a pass or should try to steal every full court pass, or 5 feet passes... things like that need to be fixed... passing down low to the center in the middle of the key now is that still there, or is our def smart enough to cover that 5 sec center in the key pass...
Lol, and if they let you complete a full court pass every time, you'd complain.

But you're right. They should:

- tone down the steals on inbound passes, because that never happens in the NBA
- allow full court passes without getting the ball stolen
- no longer allow the ball to get stolen during passes within 5 feet
- not allow you to pass down low to the 5 sec center key pass...????

I respect your opinion, but I respectfully (and sarcastically) disagree with the gripes you listed.
If someone is playing the passing lane on an inbound, I punish them. Not a problem for me.

# 129 kobe23323 @ 08/19/11 02:58 AM
yeahh good gameplays, buy sure

# 130 coolcras7 @ 08/19/11 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
Lol, and if they let you complete a full court pass every time, you'd complain.

But you're right. They should:

- tone down the steals on inbound passes, because that never happens in the NBA
- allow full court passes without getting the ball stolen
- no longer allow the ball to get stolen during passes within 5 feet
- not allow you to pass down low to the 5 sec center key pass...????

I respect your opinion, but I respectfully (and sarcastically) disagree with the gripes you listed.
If someone is playing the passing lane on an inbound, I punish them. Not a problem for me.
Some people want the game to play for them, the fact is certain things don't happen in real life because there is a respect for the game, and no one besides the Knicks will throw the inbounds to the other team.

# 131 DurtySoufReppin @ 08/19/11 04:33 AM
It may look like 2k11.. but I bet it doesn't feel like 2k11

# 132 lodilla @ 08/19/11 08:05 AM
WOW!!! Thanks for the nice vids. I am LOVING what I am viewing from this early build of 2K12. Can't wait to start getting more insights on the game. I wonder if 2K did some tweaking to the player momentum. I really did not care for the sliding everytime I changed direction on defense.

# 133 Knickerbocker @ 08/19/11 08:24 AM
DaWolf did you see more offensive rebounds or were they still broken?

# 134 HealyMonster @ 08/19/11 09:34 AM
Man that pregame looks sick! That video is dynamically generated? Its incredible, cant wait to see what else is in store from a presentation standpoint.

# 135 wrestlinggod1 @ 08/19/11 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH
Man that pregame looks sick! That video is dynamically generated? Its incredible, cant wait to see what else is in store from a presentation standpoint.
Yeah man I agree. And it would be super cool if we can choose what music plays during the video.

# 136 BezO @ 08/19/11 10:16 AM
Sweet! Looking like best sports game of the year again.

# 137 Maxflier @ 08/19/11 11:36 AM
Love the undead cheerleader in the first video!

# 138 LeBronistheKing @ 08/19/11 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachimclutch504
Da_czar can you please put a request in to 2k to remove those long @ss armbands lol.... only armbands they need is the size Kobe wear... thanks!
Why would/should they remove them at all? Why remove any accessories from the game? If anything they should add as many as they can.

# 139 cavsfan2 @ 08/19/11 11:53 AM
I wonder if custom music will let us choose the song we want for the pregame montage

# 140 scottyp180 @ 08/19/11 02:31 PM
I'm sorry dawolf but if this is you playing in these videos it looks like you have never played a 2k game before. too much reaching on defense and on offense it looks like you were having trouble controlling players. then again you were probably weren't playing too win but to see how the game has changed.

The best thing I noticed from this video is the fast break outlet passes to wade and lebron. They didnt slow down or hesitate when they receieve the pass. they caught the ball while in motion, dribbled, and finished with a dunk. Hopefully this will be the case when on a fast break with numbers.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.