Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

These videos are also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

DaWolf has provided OS with 8 NBA 2K12 videos, he captured from his recent visit to Gamescom.

We'll be posting his NBA 2K12 impressions later today. Make sure you check out his website at http://www.nbagames.de/.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 coolcras7 @ 08/19/11 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I'm sorry dawolf but if this is you playing in these videos it looks like you have never played a 2k game before. too much reaching on defense and on offense it looks like you were having trouble controlling players. then again you were probably weren't playing too win but to see how the game has changed.

The best thing I noticed from this video is the fast break outlet passes to wade and lebron. They didnt slow down or hesitate when they receieve the pass. they caught the ball while in motion, dribbled, and finished with a dunk. Hopefully this will be the case when on a fast break with numbers.
Not him playing he was recording, and in the fast break videos the players did not turn and catch the ball which is why in 2k11 players sometimes slowed down, in at least one of the videos you see Lebron received the ball in motion correctly with a bounce pass with the ball ahead oh him so he never stopped moving towards the basket, another issue with 2k11 was that during a fastbreak the AI would run down the baseline instead of going to the basket.

# 142 Boilerbuzz @ 08/19/11 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxflier
Love the undead cheerleader in the first video!
Scared the hell out me.

# 143 23 @ 08/19/11 07:29 PM
Dirk has on the new blake griffin hyperdunks in this demo

# 144 Amino @ 08/19/11 07:33 PM
Do players have full 360° movement? It feels as though they're on rails sometimes.

# 145 Da_Czar @ 08/19/11 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amino
Do players have full 360° movement? It feels as though they're on rails sometimes.
Turbo locks you into a direction. That is why the number one advice around here from 2k vets to guys having control issues is... Lay off TURBO. LOL

# 146 Mr_Riddick @ 08/19/11 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Turbo locks you into a direction. That is why the number one advice around here from 2k vets to guys having control issues is... Lay of TURBO. LOL
I didn't know that'

# 147 Siavash @ 08/20/11 05:43 AM
There's that problem again, When players go through each other

# 148 knoccoutderek @ 08/20/11 03:02 PM
Da wolf..where there any rookies???????

# 149 DaWolf @ 08/20/11 03:07 PM
I dont know any but I only saw well known players subbed in so I guess no.

# 150 NealN42 @ 08/20/11 03:33 PM
From watching all these gameplay videos thus far, I'm having trouble seeing any of the gameplay improvements 2k has been talking about. Don't see any difference whatsoever in the ball being more live, don't see much of a difference in player movement/bumping, still don't see the walk up animation back in there. And as far as shoes goes, I MAY have seen 1 new shoe added in that wasn't already in 2k11. Coaches still have the awful looking low res suits from 2k11 on, the worthless/annoying gatorade substitute box still comes up when subs are made (where has 2k ever seen something like that in an NBA game??), and player interactions going into a timeout/after a made shot seem completely untouched. This is what I was afraid of...2k spent the majority of their dev time on the whole "Legend" mode, while the core game modes and gameplay seem virtually untouched.

# 151 DurtySoufReppin @ 08/20/11 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealN42
From watching all these gameplay videos thus far, I'm having trouble seeing any of the gameplay improvements 2k has been talking about. Don't see any difference whatsoever in the ball being more live, don't see much of a difference in player movement/bumping, still don't see the walk up animation back in there. And as far as shoes goes, I MAY have seen 1 new shoe added in that wasn't already in 2k11. Coaches still have the awful looking low res suits from 2k11 on, the worthless/annoying gatorade substitute box still comes up when subs are made (where has 2k ever seen something like that in an NBA game??), and player interactions going into a timeout/after a made shot seem completely untouched. This is what I was afraid of...2k spent the majority of their dev time on the whole "Legend" mode, while the core game modes and gameplay seem virtually untouched.
Every post I've seen you post you are complaining.. from here to 2k Forums

The live ball was obvious throughout some of the video, bumping will never go away because it's necessary, the walk-up animation was in the game you just didn't see it often because the person playing it turbo'd up the floor the whole time.

If you look at Jason Kidd and Lebron you can clearly see that there are new animations when they drive into the paint, they protect the ball more when penetrating.

Players have a variety of shots instead of one set shot. Post position looks as if they are fighting for position more, lay-ups look way more fluid.

# 152 SwagDoc101 @ 08/20/11 05:52 PM
just 1 gripe. why are we still seeing that animation of the overhead outlet pass...no1 passes the ball like that on a fast break or outlet...that animation is horrible ...who stops completely in their tracks to pass the ball when running a break smh come on 2k...love everything else

# 153 rockchisler @ 08/20/11 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
Lol, and if they let you complete a full court pass every time, you'd complain.

But you're right. They should:

- tone down the steals on inbound passes, because that never happens in the NBA
- allow full court passes without getting the ball stolen
- no longer allow the ball to get stolen during passes within 5 feet
- not allow you to pass down low to the 5 sec center key pass...????

I respect your opinion, but I respectfully (and sarcastically) disagree with the gripes you listed.
If someone is playing the passing lane on an inbound, I punish them. Not a problem for me.
Full court passes need to be intercepted or not be very accurate, those passes don't get completed all the time when u play real ball.....

# 154 rockchisler @ 08/20/11 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womalee23
I didn't know that'
That's the difference between good players and abuser cheeseheads. Good players don't need to turbo all the way down. I just look for the open man and get good looks most of the time.

# 155 coolcras7 @ 08/20/11 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurtySoufReppin
Every post I've seen you post you are complaining.. from here to 2k Forums

The live ball was obvious throughout some of the video, bumping will never go away because it's necessary, the walk-up animation was in the game you just didn't see it often because the person playing it turbo'd up the floor the whole time.

If you look at Jason Kidd and Lebron you can clearly see that there are new animations when they drive into the paint, they protect the ball more when penetrating.

Players have a variety of shots instead of one set shot. Post position looks as if they are fighting for position more, lay-ups look way more fluid.
People are blind if they can't see the improvements, the live ball is obvious in most of the videos from steal attempts to lose balls that sort of pin ball around until someone get position. The fact still remains that this was an early build so no one know how the final product will feel, even Da_Czar said the game he played was which was a more advance version was not the final either and they were constantly making advancements and improvements.

# 156 stillfeelme @ 08/20/11 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealN42
Neal I think you need to watch in detail the videos again if you think the gameplay seems untouched. You are acting like the gameplay was horrible in 2K11. Now you will not see everything that was wrong with 2K11 in your mental "wishlist" in these videos because I actually thinks it takes a player cheesing the game to see everything they improved. I will give you a list of things I read about what was supposed to be improved upon

Ball physics: What I noticed in video 6 at the 1:06 mark, notice how "loose" the ball was when Dirk was stripped of the ball by LeBron. That type of steal does not happen in 2K11 on Sim settings. Now if there was an actual video of someone playing wrong trying to ram into the paint constantly I think it would be more examples seen but this is all we have.

Spidey Sense steals: You know the steals the CPU or someone else would get without even looking in the direction of the play. They would be backwards in no way shape or form should know where the ball is going and then bang they steal your pass messing up the fastbreak. Did you see any in this videos by CPU or users, I know I didn't. So right now I say they improved upon it.

Control over every shot: I didn't really see anyone using post moves but the momentum jumpers were noticeable to me and DaWolf already commented about these being an improvement.

Walk-up animation: I actually seen the walking animation but it wasn't walking up the court and it was the CPU. If someone is using the turbo button you will not see it though.

General Gameplay: You didn't notice the spacing improvement? You didn't see the bumping perimeter bump back animation was gone? You didn't notice the CPU was playing better from an AI standpoint swinging the ball around and making the user pay for their playstyle? You didn't notice the rotation on the defense being more real and protecting the paint. The rebounding issues mainly offensive in 2K11 seems to be improved as well. I didn't see any if at all bs offensive boards going to the CPU and did you notice the boxing out.

Collisions: Now I agree I didn't see much of the collision causing shots to branch out. I actually think again it will take someone trying to constantly drive into the paint over and over to compare to 2K11 and then you can really tell the difference.

# 157 youvalss @ 08/20/11 07:44 PM
I just wish I was able to hear the commentary. I hope it's fluid and feels like 3-man commentary (a-la what Elite was trying to do), and not like 3 people talking, each one on his turn.

# 158 coolcras7 @ 08/20/11 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I just wish I was able to hear the commentary. I hope it's fluid and feels like 3-man commentary (a-la what Elite was trying to do), and not like 3 people talking, each one on his turn.
I believe somewhere DaWolf commented on commentary that is felt natural.

# 159 RipCity71252 @ 08/20/11 09:34 PM
Also read the Steve Kerr sounded excellent.

Not a big fan of him, but he knows his stuff. His mild mannered commentary actually might balance well with the energy we get from Harlan and Kellog.

# 160 youvalss @ 08/20/11 09:55 PM
Yeah, Steve Kerr is good. I just hope it's not going to sound the same as Live. I can't listen to him anymore saying the same lines. He needs to have new lines.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.