Home
Madden 12 News Post

ESPN The Gamer has posted the Madden NFL 12 player ratings for the Atlanta Falcons and Carolina Panthers.

Are there any changes you would like to see, or are they just about right?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 angels eclipse7 @ 08/19/11 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpmar9x
gotta be a mistake.
Yeah, I feel like Norwood's 48 agility mistake is what oriented his OVR to be so low, too. No way are they rating Norwood a 61, especially with these inflated ratings. I expect they will fix it and he will be rated a 71ish.

# 22 angels eclipse7 @ 08/19/11 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNc
Thanks thats what I was thinking, and the head coach and staff. I feel like the panthers will have a 6-10 season to 10-6 season. something in that range this year
I don't know about 10-6, but I definitely feel like the Panthers are not as bad as people think. They are not the 08 Lions. They have one of the best linebacker sets in the league (i'd say only behind Pitt), a great offensive line, and a solid running game. Carolina can surprise people this year. Not saying they will be good, but I don't think they will be walked over like many team's fans think.

# 23 xpmar9x @ 08/19/11 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eclipse7
Yeah, I feel like Norwood's 48 agility mistake is what oriented his OVR to be so low, too. No way are they rating Norwood a 61, especially with these inflated ratings. I expect they will fix it and he will be rated a 71ish.
I asked Donny Moore on twitter, and his agility is suppose to be an 88. It was a typo.

# 24 alifeincomplete @ 08/19/11 03:38 PM
Newton's accuracy ratings are hideously overrated. Good thing we can adjust them. His numbers need a significant adjustment.

# 25 ApolloKids @ 08/19/11 06:38 PM
Lol at Steve Smith being over an 80.

# 26 turok77 @ 08/19/11 06:48 PM
the Panthers roster is ridiculously old, Moore still at qb, wth? no Anderson, King and Rosario arent here anymore, Kasay retired, and i don't think we have Rhys Lloyd.

# 27 Ryn Vintage1986 @ 08/20/11 01:33 AM
Yea, Newton is nowhere close to as accurate as Matt Stafford, nor does he have his arm... but Madden believes he's more accurate short and deep, and his arm strength is even.

Not that Madden listens to hype and disregards training camps and games or anything.

# 28 Evan_OS @ 08/20/11 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s
As a "true" Carolina fan (home grown here in NC), it's gonna suck to see all the bandwagon players jump to this team when no one was using them when they were a 68 ovr on Madden 11.
There's a reason nobody used them, they didn't have anyone that good.

# 29 hustlin @ 08/20/11 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
There's a reason nobody used them, they didn't have anyone that good.
What are you talking about? If you take a look at their ratings from Madden 11, a few of their players are actually rated lower this year lol. D. Williams, J. Stewart, J. Clausen, T. Davis, C. Gamble, C. Munnerlyn have all taken ratings cuts. Really the only player who's been boosted is D. Gettis.

The offense as a whole is better with the addition of Newton, Olsen and Shockey. The defense however is definitely not nearly as good. Keep in mind this team was 12 - 4 just three years ago. Madden's ratings are largely based on historic player performance.

Last year the Panthers were a popular team in online franchise mode and people including myself were highly successful using them. In my upcoming Madden 12 online franchise I'll be using them again.

# 30 Evan_OS @ 08/20/11 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlin
What are you talking about? If you take a look at their ratings from Madden 11, a few of their players are actually rated lower this year lol. D. Williams, J. Stewart, J. Clausen, T. Davis, C. Gamble, C. Munnerlyn have all taken ratings cuts. Really the only player who's been boosted is D. Gettis.

The offense as a whole is better with the addition of Newton, Olsen and Shockey. The defense however is definitely not nearly as good. Keep in mind this team was 12 - 4 just three years ago. Madden's ratings are largely based on historic player performance.

Last year the Panthers were a popular team in online franchise mode and people including myself were highly successful using them. In my upcoming Madden 12 online franchise I'll be using them again.
They were a popular team in online franchise because they were a rebuilding project, everyone wants one of those. I'm really confused, if they rate teams from historical performance and they were 12-4 a few years ago, wouldn't they be at least in the mid 70's overall in Madden 11 instead of one of the worst teams ?

The Panthers do have some decent players, but not anyone outstanding besides Jon Beason.

# 31 seriousluboy83 @ 08/21/11 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaZart
Madden has gone back to the overly inflated Ovr ratings. In madden 10 EA stressed spreading out the ratings between starters and backups. Now everyone's ratings are too high. In my eyes ratings should be:
90+ Elite player
80+ Impact Player/Rising star
70+ Solid Starter/young rookie
60+ Avg Starter/Backup
59- Third string/unproven players
I'll be adjusting my ratings accordingly.
+100 million

# 32 illwill10 @ 08/21/11 12:09 AM
Quote:
If you know anything about Madden, you'd know the team overall rating means nothing much like the player overall rating. Carolina is far from a rebuilding project, unlike a team like Cleveland, or this years Bengals.

Carolina has three very capable HB's, a proven receiver in Smith, with plenty of young talent to develop, Gettis, LaFell, Edwards, Pilares. The defense boasts the 2nd LB core(only behind Pittsburgh) featuring Beason, Anderson, and Davis (all 85 speed or faster).

Considering the rookies added defensively the only "real" hole from a Madden perspective is the #2 DB, because Munnerlyn at 5'8" is too small. All those players aside from the 1 yr/rookies were on that 12-4, 2008 roster so get your facts straight when you mention things like "rebuilding".
Agree.
Offensively they are straight. Good RB and TE groups. After a year or two Cam will be bettter. Really good OLine.Maybe get a WR and a RG.
Defensively, Great LB core. Good Pass Rusher. Good #1 CB and up-coming SS. A #2 CB, couple of DLinemen, FS is needed.
THat is not a rebuilding team. You can draft/FA all there needs in the 1st offseason. By Year 2, you can be a Playoff team. By Year 4, a SB Contender
I see teams like Bills, Phins, Raiders, Broncos, Bengals, Redskins(#1), Hawks as Rebuilding teams in Madden. Where you will have alot of positions to pick up. It will take 3-4 Seasons before you can be a playoff team and build a solid team.

# 33 dsgb229 @ 08/21/11 12:29 AM
Rogers speed is bs how can it be the same as Sidbury but slower the Turner i know he ran a 4.6 at the combine but he ran a 4.4 at his pro day and look at game tape and tell me he is 4.6 speed maybe not 4.3 or 4.2 guy but not a 4.6 combine clock is bs anyway Mays proved that last year. (88 to 92)

# 34 turok77 @ 08/24/11 03:50 AM
Quote:
The rosters they're using are pre-lockout, with the draftees. The post lockout transactions (free agent signings, trades, etc.) will be apart of the first roster update when you first put the game in and go online.
oh ok, thx

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.