Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Yes, we know. There are a lot of bugs within NCAA Football 12 that are still waiting to be resolved.

However, as we wait for Title Update #2, there have been some great Slider Sets brought to us by OS'ers in our NCAA Football Sliders Forum. In order to make this process of finding a set as easy as possible, here's a quick and dirty list of the top picks thus far within the community.

Heisman Sliders

SECElite's 2012 Heisman Sliders

Quote:
"I understand there are already various slider sets out there. I see most of the sets tuned with default settings or slightly tweaked from default, and that is fine, but I personally do not like default Heisman. I feel like it plays more of an arcade type game play. When I play, I want to see a sloppy football game because football is a sloppy game. Football isn’t always precise and games aren’t always won by the team having the best talent on the field. Games are sometime won by pure luck or that one decision that was smarter than the one made by the guy representing the other sideline."

Matt10's Heisman Sliders

Quote:
"I'm quite content with these. Getting a huge variety of games. I've been destroyed by top teams, and also have upset with mid prestige teams. Quarterbacks are playing true to their ratings - and the stats show.

I hated to go so high in some of the values, but this year's game can't work with the super low values as I had in version 1. The CPU RB is now a threat again, and thus the CPU plays a well balanced - strategic game. "

firktaf's Heisman Sliders

Quote:
"These are the ones I'll be using from this point until the Patch comes out. Absolutely brilliant work, especially on GREATLY decreasing the bad pass rush issues."

All-American Sliders

SN's All-American Sliders

Quote:
"I am returning once again to do All American sliders for NCAA Football 12! I have been producing slider sets since NCAA 06 on PS2 then moved up to Xbox 360 once the new generation NCAA came out. Now, I've made my transition from Xbox 360 to PS3, but the concept will be the same by using my experience to seek out the best settings for All American level. Hopefully, I can come up with the best challenging slider set for All American, but realistic at the same time."

SECElite's 2012 All-American Sliders

Quote:
"First off, I just want to thank the many slider gurus who have placed their time and efforts into this game. I learn so much from all of them year in and year out. With that being said, I always like to do my own sliders. I love to lab and to see how tweaks to this and that effect the game play. As many of you know, over the past few weeks I have put many hours into testing various slider sets. "

Varsity Sliders

mkharsh33 Varsity/Slow Speed/8 Min Sliders

Quote:
"I let the cpu pick the plays for me - meaning: I use the three in the window and ONLY pick one of the three. This stops ME from picking the same plays repeatedly, but still allows me options.

Also, I use the defensive line on defense and apply the "no switch" on passes until the pass has been completed. I will deviate from this sometimes, but not much. But these are the only two base rules I personally use."

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ZekeRoberts @ 08/19/11 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenFranchise10

No offense taken, but why does a post have to be filled with complements for it to be constructive? In my opinion, blind praise is more destructive to a game's quality than fair criticism. Otherwise, how will developers know what needs to be fixed?

On the flip-side, how constructive is your post, or the hundreds like them from others that search for any opportunity to express contempt for those of us that are unhappy with this game, this franchise, the developer, and how they handle their community's complaints.

I guess to people like yourself, it would be more productive for me to bite my tongue and bend over. That would get EA to notice and fix these glaring problems, right?
i wouldn't ask anyone to blindly praise or even complement a game that they didn't think was deserving. my point was that this was a thread with positive intentions, to help people enjoy the game, and i didn't think that your post on "what sliders won't fix" fit this topic

i admit that this wasn't my most productive post ever, i'm just an older guy who wants these forums to be as civil, organized and great as they once were

you say no offense taken, but your last comments there are very sarcastic and defensive again, i apologize to have "caught" you in my "clean-up agenda" but what i'm saying is totally in reference to a common attitude i see here and not you as an individual, what you bite and how you bend, etc.

i could have picked almost any negative post and this thread seemed to be a very logical place for me to point this out

# 22 BadAssHskr @ 08/19/11 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Fowler
I'm sure your heavily invested in hating the game. But you are just wrong. Decrease coverage ability, and the DB PRC doesn't have such an impace and LBs don't swat everything.

Not being so obvious will keep the defense honest. I know people claim that the defense cheats, but not anymore than a human that knows full well that you are going to run or pass, and what you are doing when you audible.
Im going to have to agree with this completely.

Im on vacatoon this week and have had about 90% more playing time than a normal week.

Been playing game after game after game, testing some sliders that I like and work for ME.

The more i go out and mindlessly choose plays and button mash the more the D eats my lunch as the game progresses forward.

Seems more so this year the game keeps you thinking, and once repitition sets in you are done.

Ive been playing so much this week, having a blast, i dont even care if theres a patch now.

So many haters and cry babies, not even funny any more. Its like its the cool thing to do here.

People, get a life and enjoy your Video Game. Closest thing to football most of us will ever see for Christ sake.

# 23 MaddenFranchise10 @ 08/19/11 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts
i wouldn't ask anyone to blindly praise or even complement a game that they didn't think was deserving. my point was that this was a thread with positive intentions, to help people enjoy the game, and i didn't think that your post on "what sliders won't fix" fit this topic

i admit that this wasn't my most productive post ever, i'm just an older guy who wants these forums to be as civil, organized and great as they once were

you say no offense taken, but your last comments there are very sarcastic and defensive again, i apologize to have "caught" you in my "clean-up agenda" but what i'm saying is totally in reference to a common attitude i see here and not you as an individual, what you bite and how you bend, etc.

i could have picked almost any negative post and this thread seemed to be a very logical place for me to point this out
I wasn't trying to derail this thread or impede on anyone's enjoyment of their favorite slider set. I know OS gets certain privileges for keeping a pro-developer tone on these boards, and this thread reeks of PR bias. I get that they want people to forget the issues, especially with Madden approacing, but to say that sliders will change the game so much that it'll be "fully enjoyable" is ludicrous, especially when some of the sliders don't function properly (inverted, not sensitive enough, etc.). And to add to that, different game modes play differently. Sliders that work well for Practice mode, won't work the same in Play Now or Dynasty.

The game has bugs and issues in every area, including sliders, so please excuse my lack of optimism and praise.

Even though we disagree Zeke, I appreciate the discussion.

# 24 ZekeRoberts @ 08/19/11 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
Im going to have to agree with this completely.

Im on vacatoon this week and have had about 90% more playing time than a normal week.

Been playing game after game after game, testing some sliders that I like and work for ME.

The more i go out and mindlessly choose plays and button mash the more the D eats my lunch as the game progresses forward.

Seems more so this year the game keeps you thinking, and once repitition sets in you are done.

Ive been playing so much this week, having a blast, i dont even care if theres a patch now.

So many haters and cry babies, not even funny any more. Its like its the cool thing to do here.

People, get a life and enjoy your Video Game. Closest thing to football most of us will ever see for Christ sake.
you definitely have to use play action correctly, use the passing game to open up the run, etc.

# 25 Spanky @ 08/19/11 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygunn
Instead of trying sliders, try selling it on ebay. You'll put some coin in your pocket, and have a lot more free time instead of wasting it trying to make this POS game playable. Plus is keeps $$$ away from EA for making a broken product. Vote with your wallets folks. I for one am sick of shelling out $60 for a game that looks pretty, but ultimately plays a lousy game of football.
Actually, EA already made its money from his purchase, so I don't think they care or are affected in any way when people trade-in their games. Some at EA might even be chuckling about it.

# 26 BadAssHskr @ 08/19/11 09:13 PM
Quote:
you definitely have to use play action correctly, use the passing game to open up the run, etc.
Thats actually part of my learning curve. A lot of years PA was ineffective ive gotten away from it, and now trying to rework it onto my offense.

I love running the ball, but keep at it, seems like you lose the ability to establish any ground game.

I call it good programming.

Pretty certain some refer to it as a glitch.

# 27 MaddenFranchise10 @ 08/19/11 09:27 PM
Quote:
I've had limited success setting up plays. Even the "setup" plays tend to have the same success rate as a normal play.

I've even done experiments to test whether the defense reacts to my play calling. I've played a game where I ran the ball literally every play until the 4th quarter. The defense would use various run blitz packages, often bringing the safeties in and crowding the LoS. Then in the 4th quarter, I randomly ran a deep pass from the same run formation and the defense came out in a Nickel. It's pretty apparent that the defensive play calling AI is entirely based on your play call, not any sort of football strategy (tendency, personnel, down & distance).

The fact that audibles force the defense to readjust to your audible makes audibles not really audibles. Since the defense changes to whatever formation they would've chosen had you picked that play in the first place, audibles are basically just selecting a different play, as though you did it at the playcalling screen. You can't take advantage of a defensive read, since the defense will adjust once you alter the play.

Anyway, this is straying from the thread topic, so I'll end it. The point I was trying to make is that none of the most glaring gameplay issues can be resolved by simply tuning the sliders.

# 28 ZekeRoberts @ 08/19/11 09:57 PM
Quote:
I've had limited success setting up plays. Even the "setup" plays tend to have the same success rate as a normal play.

I've even done experiments to test whether the defense reacts to my play calling. I've played a game where I ran the ball literally every play until the 4th quarter. The defense would use various run blitz packages, often bringing the safeties in and crowding the LoS. Then in the 4th quarter, I randomly ran a deep pass from the same run formation and the defense came out in a Nickel. It's pretty apparent that the defensive play calling AI is entirely based on your play call, not any sort of football strategy (tendency, personnel, down & distance).

The fact that audibles force the defense to readjust to your audible makes audibles not really audibles. Since the defense changes to whatever formation they would've chosen had you picked that play in the first place, audibles are basically just selecting a different play, as though you did it at the playcalling screen. You can't take advantage of a defensive read, since the defense will adjust once you alter the play.
What difficulty do you play on? I play on AA and make pre-snap reads on nearly every play as a part of my offense. I can't attest to the CPU's calls or packages in different situations because i don't pay that much attention, but i'm sure Heisman probably doesn't allow you to do this because, well, Heisman cheats, i don't think anyone will argue that

# 29 cparrish @ 08/19/11 11:49 PM
Quote:
- Sliders can't eliminate psychic DB's while keeping passing challenging.
Dropping CBs agility helps quite a bit.

Quote:
- Sliders can't eliminate super LB's that can shift momentum instantaneously.
Dropping LBs agility helps quite a bit.

Quote:
- Sliders can't make it so the defense doesn't know exactly what play your offense is running.
Call audibles. If you are geared to running the the play you called, and only the play you called, you will never be successful in any type of football game; video game or real life.

Quote:
- Sliders don't affect how WR never make plays for the ball.
User catch my friend. User catch...

Quote:
- Sliders have no effect on how pass interference never gets called.
They don't call pass interference because there is no pass interference.

Quote:
- Sliders don't affect the horrendous AI play calling logic.
I thought you said the CPU defense always knew what you were calling?

# 30 HokieTokie @ 08/20/11 12:41 AM
4 pages later and back on topic:

I'm pretty sure SEC's Heisman sliders are not using Patch 1.

I've played with Matt10's sliders and they're pretty good. Even with HUM QB ACC @ 0 it's pie to throw slant routes.

I'm thinking about trying some AA to see if Heisman CPU really does cheat when calling plays.

# 31 DNMHIII @ 08/20/11 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieTokie
4 pages later and back on topic:

I'm pretty sure SEC's Heisman sliders are not using Patch 1.

I've played with Matt10's sliders and they're pretty good. Even with HUM QB ACC @ 0 it's pie to throw slant routes.

I'm thinking about trying some AA to see if Heisman CPU really does cheat when calling plays.
Have fun running outside on AA when the corner hits you in the backfield because he runs directly at you on the snap of every run play. Someone posted some clips of it, It might be in the slider forum.

# 32 PowerofRed25 @ 08/20/11 01:25 AM
My problem with sliders is that I only play either Online or in an Online Dyansty.

Online, you are stuck with the default sliders which are just garbage. It is a miserable game to play.

In an online dynasty, the slider set that may work great for user vs cpu games play incredibly different for user vs user games, usually much worse. So in my OD where we have a 50-50 split in user and cpu games, we have had to piece sliders together that give a decent game for both. Which really hasn't worked that well. In the end, we side with user vs user game being more realistic.

# 33 DJ @ 08/20/11 01:40 AM
I'd recommend the OS Legends League set. Pretty much default Heisman with some small tweaks. Plays a very good game of football, imo.

# 34 Sundown2600 @ 08/20/11 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygunn
Instead of trying sliders, try selling it on ebay. You'll put some coin in your pocket, and have a lot more free time instead of wasting it trying to make this POS game playable. Plus is keeps $$$ away from EA for making a broken product. Vote with your wallets folks. I for one am sick of shelling out $60 for a game that looks pretty, but ultimately plays a lousy game of football.
Most ppl are enjoying the game and waiting patiently for a patch. I've been very skeptical about NCAA football games current gen (been a fan since Bill Walsh college football) but this game is far from lousy. I just don't think it's fair at all to refer to this as a lousy game. Personally this is the first year that I know for sure I will keep this game for the entire cycle without trading it in before next year's game. I see lots of improvements and I'm not sure how anyone can deny that.

On topic I would like to thank Silent Nature and SEC for their work on AA sliders this year and last, but lately I have been using my own tweaked Varsity sliders and I'm having a grand old time. I feel the game feels more 'natural' on this level.

# 35 Playmakers @ 08/20/11 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
Most ppl are enjoying the game and waiting patiently for a patch. I've been very skeptical about NCAA football games current gen (been a fan since Bill Walsh college football) but this game is far from lousy. I just don't think it's fair at all to refer to this as a lousy game. Personally this is the first year that I know for sure I will keep this game for the entire cycle without trading it in before next year's game. I see lots of improvements and I'm not sure how anyone can deny that.

On topic I would like to thank Silent Nature and SEC for their work on AA sliders this year and last, but lately I have been using my own tweaked Varsity sliders and I'm having a grand old time. I feel the game feels more 'natural' on this level.
I agree about Varsity level.....but right now it's kinda pointless to tweak sliders IMO on any level because of the patch that will eventually update some aspects of gameplay.

Once EA releases a patch then I'll probably get the itch to finally create some sliders myself......

It's hard to believe i've played this game probably once within the last 3 weeks because of the gameplay issues.

But i think once the patch drop and I grab the rosters that cparrish is editing then go to work on some sliders this game will be back in business for me.

# 36 Playmakers @ 08/20/11 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicDB
On a side note, I haven't tested editing agility, but I don't intend to, either. If I have to manually edit roster settings for every LB and DB of every team I play against, then it's just not worth the time.
Well i can definetly understand the people who simply don't want to edit anything

But i will say this those edits along with a few others actually makes this game 10x's better than anything you'll get to play with out of the box.

Imagine a game where LB's look natural and normal when jumping or a defender gets beat and his agility rating doesn't allow him to get back into the play right way

Imagine LB's and DB's taking false steps or biting on the playaction pass and the game renders a animation that you probably won't see all year simply because of the higher agility ratings that come with the game right out of the box.

# 37 Playmakers @ 08/20/11 09:48 AM
Quote:
- Sliders don't affect how WR never make plays for the ball.
Are you using a lower or higher WR catch slider?

I heard this same complaint about last years game and I just don't understand why people claim WR's or DB's don't go after the ball when it's in the air.....

# 38 coach422001 @ 08/20/11 12:32 PM
I don't own this game but I wanted to say that the original message of this post is a fantastic concept, providing a set slider choices with a brief synopsis of what they accomplish and maybe where the creators feel they are deficient. I know most games have a slider topic and many slider listings, they can difficult to wade through to find the type of slider set that might suit your play. Having to read through 10 pages of comments for each is something I don't have time for, so getting a snapshot of some these slider sets can be really helpful for someone like me where I can see zero in on just a couple of sets and their threads of pros and cons. Thank guys, nice job!
coach

# 39 209vaughn @ 08/20/11 12:56 PM
As a die hard NCAA fan... I just cant stand the game anymore.

# 40 Sundown2600 @ 08/20/11 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I agree about Varsity level.....but right now it's kinda pointless to tweak sliders IMO on any level because of the patch that will eventually update some aspects of gameplay.

Once EA releases a patch then I'll probably get the itch to finally create some sliders myself......

It's hard to believe i've played this game probably once within the last 3 weeks because of the gameplay issues.

But i think once the patch drop and I grab the rosters that cparrish is editing then go to work on some sliders this game will be back in business for me.
Hey man I'm patiently wanting for your sliders I believe I have used your Varsity sliders before. Let's hope the patch fixes lots of issues.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.