Home
UFC Undisputed 3 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: UFC Undisputed 3Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 12 - View All
UFC Undisputed 3 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Gotmadskillzson @ 08/20/11 09:46 PM
1. I hate when people add annoying blasting music to their videos.

2. I just noticed you can take people's back standing up now. Pretty cool feature. They have it as a standard grappling transition position now.

3. What the hell was up with 2 different versions of Jones ? One with hair and the other with no hair ? OR was that guy in the yellow Anderson Silva ?

# 2 Mossfan8480 @ 08/20/11 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
1. I hate when people add annoying blasting music to their videos.

2. I just noticed you can take people's back standing up now. Pretty cool feature. They have it as a standard grappling transition position now.

3. What the hell was up with 2 different versions of Jones ? One with hair and the other with no hair ? OR was that guy in the yellow Anderson Silva ?
lol, That was definitely Anderson Silva.

# 3 Gotmadskillzson @ 08/20/11 10:01 PM
Ok that was what I was thinking it was the light heavyweight version of Anderson Silva.

# 4 nyj721 @ 08/20/11 10:08 PM
Why do the people at these early showings of the game always suck? I wanted to see if the jab is more effective, but I couldn't really tell. Player movement looks much improved. What was Silva doing when he got KOed? Looked like he was trying to transition but Rampage wasn't having it.

# 5 Gotmadskillzson @ 08/20/11 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyj721
Why do the people at these early showings of the game always suck? I wanted to see if the jab is more effective, but I couldn't really tell. Player movement looks much improved. What was Silva doing when he got KOed? Looked like he was trying to transition but Rampage wasn't having it.
It is because people don't ever treat it as a MMA game, instead they treat it as a fighting arcade game and just spam buttons over and over again with no strategy at all.

# 6 NYG_Meth @ 08/21/11 01:09 PM
As expected, there's not much to go on from these videos. The graphics look stunning, however. The real test will be when we get it in our hands and see how it responds to proper, realistic play.

# 7 Gotmadskillzson @ 08/21/11 02:08 PM
Ok after watching the 2 new additional videos.........

I don't like the new sub system. Looks stupid because I don't get how it works. In the Ben Henderson video he had the sub icon looking thing at the exact same spot during his 1st submission attempt but didn't get the tap out but got it in his second attempt. But yet the guy did nothing differently at all.

I also HATE how people can rapid fire spam punches and kicks, with no sense of stamina lost at all. Even more so I hate how players don't react when getting hit full blast.

Grant it Rampage isn't the greatest kicker in the world, but still if you get blasted to the gut over and over by kicks, you would feel it. But it was like dude didn't feel it at all, it didn't slow him down at all.

Reminds me of Bloodsport when they were trading kicks to the side saying come on come on.

This game lacks physics and looks like it would another button mash fest. No way should you be able to rapid fire punches and kicks like that with no slow down or any sense of stamina lost.

No way should you be able to take full blasts to the body and face from kicks and punches and your guy still standing up right lke he didn't even feel it.

No way should you be able to push people around the ring like that so fast like they sliding on ice.

Also how in the hell can you get out of a sub attempt from around your neck and move around like nothing happen, full stamina and speed ? SMH

# 8 Jukeman @ 08/21/11 05:25 PM
meh....

get some guys who kno how to play the game to show it off lol

vid did nothing but turned me off..

---
- Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk

# 9 allBthere @ 08/21/11 07:18 PM
I'm the opposite, I like what I'm seeing. It's looking more like 09 than 10 in terms of striking which is a good thing. I think the guy using Maynard threw a 1-1-2 ... in any case I saw at least a handful of jabs and they are looking like 09, faster snappier and not the useless pawing crap from 10.

The kick comment - those were 'light kicks' so that's why it wasn't crushing the other guy.

the 2 things I'm not in love with is 1 the new camera which is super low - I hope I can use 09's exact camera, imo it was picture perfect camera for this sport.

The other thing as other say is the submission system. I didn't mind the button mashing from 09 either, so ...anyway, it looked like 2 players were trying to let the one guy win and even then he couldn't finish it. which means it could be too hard potentially.

Ben Henderson looks just like himself.

# 10 nyj721 @ 08/21/11 09:37 PM
Is the shine comepletely gone or is it still used for takedown defense?

# 11 Iadf @ 08/22/11 01:50 PM
The sub system looks so horrid what were they thinking? The stand up looks the same but a little different and i could deal with that but the subs ewww its gross son

# 12 Gotmadskillzson @ 08/22/11 04:12 PM
The sub system looks like an ugly version of what EA MMA had for choke submissions. I which they would just stick with the button tap for submissions. I don't feel like having to chase something around a damn octagon image just to sub somebody.

I can definitely see myself playing with the lighter weight classes though. It should be a blast recreating all the great WEC battles.

# 13 Bad_Intentions @ 08/24/11 07:56 PM
Sub system looks horrible

Looks like you can throw 5, 6 plus heavy punches in a row without taking a significant stamina hit or having a decrease in speed between the punches.

I know they are trying to make this game more "accessible" for the avg pick up and play gamer, but there doesn't seem to be the realism that I was looking for, so far at least. I'll stay tuned for more though.

# 14 wyrm187 @ 08/25/11 02:42 PM
guys in the second vid - when rampage is throwing straight rights and nog is winding up (about :15 second mark) Nog keeps having to reset unable to throw a punch, this is what I was hoping the jab would do because in past versions you could hook right through it -

was this in last years version? ( the straight stunning an opponent) or were you able to punch through it? cant remember

# 15 aholbert32 @ 08/25/11 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyj721
Is the shine comepletely gone or is it still used for takedown defense?
I think its still in for take down defense but I never only hated the shine when it came to submissions.

# 16 aholbert32 @ 08/25/11 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
The sub system looks like an ugly version of what EA MMA had for choke submissions. I which they would just stick with the button tap for submissions. I don't feel like having to chase something around a damn octagon image just to sub somebody.

I can definitely see myself playing with the lighter weight classes though. It should be a blast recreating all the great WEC battles.
I hate button taps. I prefer EA MMA's choke sub system and if this is close to it, I'm happy.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.