Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

All right so it might not be Charles Barkley, Iverson or Reggie Miller, but it's still yet another player being added to the NBA 2K12 NBA's Greatest mode.

Ronnie 2K, one of the marketing maestros over at 2K Sports, told everybody via Twitter that LaPhonso Ellis is now going to be a part of the '93-'94 Nuggets squad that infamously took out the Seattle SuperSonics in the one versus eight matchup in the first round of the NBA playoffs back in 1994. (Who doesn't remember Dikembe sprawled out on the court at the end of that series?)

It's rather unique to see players still being added to a game at this stage, but it might just be the nature of the beast when it comes to negotiating with individual athletes.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 mrclutch @ 08/25/11 06:34 PM
Good to hear about LaPhonso. That guy had heart. No slight on Mutombo but Phonso was the heart of that time. It just didn't look like without him.

# 42 jyoung @ 08/25/11 06:43 PM
Wasn't Abdul Rauf AKA Chris Jackson the starting PG on that Nuggets team?

Man, they will be a fun team to use.

# 43 syncity14 @ 08/25/11 06:51 PM
Sounds good, just waiting to hear the same about Nick Van Exel

# 44 magicman30 @ 08/25/11 08:06 PM
I like that alot... thanks for the effort nba2k!

# 45 BiggD @ 08/25/11 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syncity14
Sounds good, just waiting to hear the same about Nick Van Exel
Oh man i forgot about Nick the quick... loving all this nostalgia

# 46 TMaj1972 @ 08/25/11 09:54 PM
Still no Reggie Miller? Still no chance to replay any of those great Pacers-Knicks series from the 90's? Really?

# 47 marq @ 08/25/11 10:41 PM
^^^^Why don't you take your concerns to Reggie himself via twitter...

# 48 mymannemcee @ 08/25/11 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMaj1972
Still no Reggie Miller? Still no chance to replay any of those great Pacers-Knicks series from the 90's? Really?
Would you like to give them some money in assisting to buy Reggie Miller's big *** licensing contract?

# 49 phenom1990 @ 08/25/11 10:49 PM
I was wondering when the list first came out, why he wasn't on it? I've met him twice in the last year and he was a real nice guy.

# 50 Control-X @ 08/25/11 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom1990
I was wondering when the list first came out, why he wasn't on it? I've met him twice in the last year and he was a real nice guy.
Maybe he was just "too" nice that's why he's not on the list.

# 51 coolcras7 @ 08/25/11 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMaj1972
Give it up, the likely hood of them adding a player to a team already in the game at this point is possible, the likely hood of them adding an entire team is not, Reggie and 2k could not reach an agreement and they moved forward his lose.

# 52 sportjames23 @ 08/26/11 03:03 AM
Oh, snap! 2K got The Phonz!

# 53 LM1213 @ 08/26/11 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Give it up, the likely hood of them adding a player to a team already in the game at this point is possible, the likely hood of them adding an entire team is not, Reggie and 2k could not reach an agreement and they moved forward his lose.
Not sure cras. Users can upload a full rosters and teams full of CAP's over 2k share, so I'm Sure they could add a team over DLC if they really wanted to, now will they... That I doubt. I think an extra player or team over DLC would be nice after a couple of months. Just to keep some fire on it.

# 54 flamangatang2k5 @ 08/26/11 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
This is probably the single greatest block in NBA History for me. Right up there with 40yr old Jordan pinning Ron Mercer on the back board with two hands. Laphanso was a baller in his day!

# 55 scatman @ 08/26/11 11:36 AM
This is good not great news as I honestly didn't even realize he wasn't in the game. This is great from an authenticity standpoint and not to mention he was a key player on that team. Holding out hope for Nick "the quick" Van Exel on that Lakers squad.

Also I have a question; I keep reading guys were hidden on the XBOX disc....were they also hidden on the PS3 disc and if so how do I get these guys?

# 56 qpc123 @ 08/26/11 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman
This is good not great news as I honestly didn't even realize he wasn't in the game. This is great from an authenticity standpoint and not to mention he was a key player on that team. Holding out hope for Nick "the quick" Van Exel on that Lakers squad.

Also I have a question; I keep reading guys were hidden on the XBOX disc....were they also hidden on the PS3 disc and if so how do I get these guys?
The only way to "unlock" players who might be "hidden" on the disk by hex editing or using a program like Reditor. Unfortunately, this cannot be done on PS3.

# 57 youvalss @ 08/26/11 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom1990
Maybe it's something you said?

# 58 bigdnlaca @ 08/26/11 12:23 PM
They had a squad Rauf, Stith, Reggie Williams, Ellis, Mutumbo with Robert Pack, and a young Rodney Rodgers and Brian Williams. Good one. I remember the game 7 they had with the jazz after being down 0-3.

# 59 youvalss @ 08/26/11 02:33 PM
So no Insight today. And I really want to see the new trailer, though I always prefer gameplay videos, but I'll take whatever they give us right now.

# 60 lufc4ever @ 08/27/11 01:40 PM
Hmm... 2K seem to be releasing these legends in one-by-one spurts. Spurtability is what I call it!

Joking aside, good news to see another legend added.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.