Home
Madden 12 News Post

Kotaku has posted some interesting stats on EA Sports' Season Ticket, in regards to Madden NFL 12.

Quote:
The first day of EA Sports' "Season Ticket" premium subscription, offering a three-day (or more) full preview of Madden NFL 12, does not reflect wide acceptance among the hardcore community it was meant to appeal to.

As of 11 p.m. EDT, Madden NFL 12 showed 3,559 users connected to the game through Xbox Live. On PlayStation 3, 1,115 were said to be connected to the EA servers through the game.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 MurphyDynasty5 @ 08/27/11 02:54 AM
This another EA screwjob! Like an idiot I paid the $25 and even though I have a great internet connection the game has been downloading for almost 4 hours and is only 23% done. At this rate I might get to play 2-3 games before monday. By comparison Red Dead Redemption downloaded in roughly 40 mins on my connection. How many times does EA get to screw me over before I wise up??? GOD I pray they lose their exclusive rights someday.

# 22 ggsimmonds @ 08/27/11 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyDynasty5
This another EA screwjob! Like an idiot I paid the $25 and even though I have a great internet connection the game has been downloading for almost 4 hours and is only 23% done. At this rate I might get to play 2-3 games before monday. By comparison Red Dead Redemption downloaded in roughly 40 mins on my connection. How many times does EA get to screw me over before I wise up??? GOD I pray they lose their exclusive rights someday.
Calm down dude. The problem is probably on your end. The game downloaded in ~25 minutes for me and my connection is probably not much better than yours. It could be high server traffic but I kinda doubt it. Nothing to start huffing and puffing over.

# 23 bkrich83 @ 08/27/11 03:10 AM
Quote:
Not sure what season ticket has to do with exclusive licensing.

Are you on XBL or PSN? How fast is your connection? I downloaded the game in 30 minutes this morning. I have XBL with a 18MB connection.

# 24 mestevo @ 08/27/11 04:45 AM
I wonder what their expectations were for this, I mean it's not like there were TV commercials and stuff about it when it was announced 25 days ago. I'm not sure I really saw much in the way of advertising after the announcement outside of Twitter (15k followers) and Facebook (ton of Likes, but only a couple hundred comments on any given news post).

# 25 carnalnirvana @ 08/27/11 05:25 AM
it came out after ncaa and besides madden EA sports does not have 4 more games i want to try out...i refuse to even look at fifa for another 2 yrs.

it would have been wasted money, i may have been likely to give another company the money but not EA.

if they make it 5-7 dollars per game in the future i would have tried it

# 26 willz1985 @ 08/27/11 06:28 AM
i just don't get the rush for it.

I use a supplier over here in UK and I generally get the game 2 days before release date anyways so I don't see the need to pay 25 quid to get to play the game a extra day earlier and get a measly discount on DLC.

# 27 martz28 @ 08/27/11 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter77733
Okay.....I just spent $25 on this season ticket since im off this weekend and dont want to wait until Tuesday but here's a question....

How do I download the official roster update? I read that I need to be an Xbox Live Gold member. Is this true because if so, this is such crap because I dont play online. Only time im online via Xbox Live is for rosters, demos/trials, dlc and to purchase arcade games.

If true, this sucks as I just wasted $25 for nothing. UGH.
what i did in madden 11 was go to online , then go to view depth chart (not roster update) when you clicked on depth chart a message would pop up and say that your roster is out of date then click yes to DL it. I didnt get to try this in madden 12 with the season pass but maybe that will work for you.

# 28 bluengold34_OS @ 08/27/11 06:37 AM
Quote:
Well you need to check something then, because I was able to download the game within 40/45 mins. it just feels like you are reaching for way to bash EA here........

# 29 dickey1331 @ 08/27/11 07:45 AM
Its hard to think 5000 people is a disappointment. I think it's pretty good. I mean that's extra money they didn't have and this is just the first year

Do you really care where I sent this from?

# 30 der juicen @ 08/27/11 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Well you need to check something then, because I was able to download the game within 40/45 mins. it just feels like you are reaching for way to bash EA here........
It was, he was trying to bash them for exclusive rights when EA Season Ticket is just releasing early games.

# 31 stlstudios189 @ 08/27/11 08:55 AM
I think EA learned a lesson here. We don't want to pay extra for 3 days extra to play the game. Make it better and let us pay $25 to get the actual game disk early or give us 5 days early or let me pay alacarte I dont usually buy Tiger Woods, or FIFA yearly so there is no value offering me those games early as I am 95% sure I will not buy them this year and 100% I won't buy them new.

# 32 tfctillidie @ 08/27/11 10:16 AM
I've heard a lot about sharing accounts and using this on 5 consoles so far, about to organize a group and try it myself.

Anyone else here gone that route successfully?

# 33 Eski33 @ 08/27/11 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Here's the funny part: This whole Season Ticket scheme could end up costing EA money because many people who ordinarily would have bought it are reconsidering after trying it out and they're convincing others to do likewise.
Not really. Even if people decide not to buy Madden EA will still have collected $25. Keep in mind that there will be those who may not have bought the game based solely pn the demo but may after playing the full release. I think Madden is excellent.

And keep in mind the subscription covers other games outside of Madden which is why I purchased it.

# 34 jyoung @ 08/27/11 11:42 AM
5,000 x $25 = $125,000 gross revenue

Yeah, that's pretty low numbers for a huge company like EA.

I'll be interested to see how the numbers look at the end of the weekend.

# 35 danlongwood @ 08/27/11 11:57 AM
Season ticket is a beautiful thing. I got it mainly because i already had xbox live points so It only cost me 10 bucks. But it prevented me from making a 60 dollar mistake. I pre-ordered Madden 12 from Amazon and although I was excited about the game I haven't really enjoyed a Madden since Playstation 2 era. But I downloaded it last night and spent maybe 8 hours playing it between today and last night.

The game isnt very good. I can go on with what's wrong with the game but I wanna make this quick. I didnt like it is the main point and I was able to cancel my amazon pre-order and save 60 bucks. True, i lost out on the 20 dolllar amazon store credit and I could have re-sold Madden on Ebay and only lost perhaps 20 bucks but still, i didnt waste too much time.

But I also get to do a 3 day trail with NHL 12 and Fifa 12. 2 games i want to buy but wont if it isnt very good. Ea's season ticket allows you to not make a release day 60 dollar mistake. Is it worth 25 bucks? Perhaps not. but it isnt a complete waste of money. And for me it did actually save me money.

# 36 SGMRock @ 08/27/11 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Kotaku has posted some interesting stats on EA Sports' Season Ticket, in regards to Madden NFL 12.
Thats the thing. I spent only about 5 minutes in the Xbox Live section of Madder 12 after I downloaded it to get the new roster and then I was never in it again. I was messing with all the new offline franchise stuff. So all of the people that did the same thing would not have showned up on there either.

Some people forget the the offline play is still by far the most popular part of Madden.

# 37 jeremym480 @ 08/27/11 12:46 PM
^^ Same here. I don't play Madden online. Maybe EA will release the total number of DL's. That's the best way to know if this thing was a real success.

# 38 jonesha2000 @ 08/27/11 01:36 PM
5k is very underwhelming for a game that sells in the millions, like the article stated. Basically EA was trying to find a way to get some of the money that the early releasers were cashing in on every year. I like season pass because I was able to get madden off of ebay for $60 on Wednesday and I used season ticket as my negotiating point. I never considered buying it...if it allowed you to play a week in advance, cool. But that won't happen because too many bugs would be found in that timeframe and may really hamper sales.

# 39 mavfan21 @ 08/27/11 01:48 PM
I am fine waiting for the game an extra few days. Essentially renting it for $10 a day and then spending $60 on Tuesday is a waste of my money as I only play Madden and NCAA football.

I do like the Season Pass however, as it has already allowed those that bought it to find bugs and glitches early, saving those of us who wait the headache. Nice to see the depth chart freeze has already been fixed. Looks like the game has very few issues. If the Season Pass had been available for NCAA 12 I would have ran down to Gamestop and transferred my pre-order bucks to Skyrim.

# 40 SGMRock @ 08/27/11 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WadeWilson2099
I picked it up yesterday as i had some points left over from a few DLC's items i bought. I was really looking forward to Madden this year so i figured id get the season pass to try it out. Glad i did because come Tuesday i will NOT be picking up the game. There are just a few things that bug me about the game that have no business slipping past the dev team. It's either incompetency or just plain laziness. Hopefully they'll patch the problems up and i can buy a copy.

Not sure what you are talking about, the game is really very bug free after seeing how screwed up NCAA 12 was out of the box. Seems like the problem with the depth chart was a problem with the first roster update so they released a second one to correct it very fast. How can you complain about that.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.