Home
Madden 12 News Post

Kotaku has posted some interesting stats on EA Sports' Season Ticket, in regards to Madden NFL 12.

Quote:
The first day of EA Sports' "Season Ticket" premium subscription, offering a three-day (or more) full preview of Madden NFL 12, does not reflect wide acceptance among the hardcore community it was meant to appeal to.

As of 11 p.m. EDT, Madden NFL 12 showed 3,559 users connected to the game through Xbox Live. On PlayStation 3, 1,115 were said to be connected to the EA servers through the game.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Anaxamander @ 08/27/11 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Right because giving consumers options is a bad thing. I swear some people litereally just pop off without an ounce of thought.
I too fail to understand why people seem personally offended by this Season Ticket, and seem to wish it wasn't an option at all. Aren't options a good thing? Assuming none of us are forced to buy it at gun point, I really don't see the downside. They're really just giving guys like me, who are willing to spend a little extra cash, an extra weekend with several highly anticipated games.

# 62 tfctillidie @ 08/27/11 11:02 PM
Quote:
If you say so. If you want to believe you know more than anyone else does, have at it.
If I say so?

Are you a kid? Or have you ever worked on a project of this magnitude in the real world?

Stop acting like I'm being some know it all. This isn't hard to wrap your head around.

This project likely took a while to develop and a single developer would bring home 65K a year.

You then have web developers putting in time to support the plan. The time it took to integrate it to the PSN and XBL networks would come at a cost. Pushing 65,000GB of data across their networks would come at a cost. Doing Q/A testing throughout the process would come at a cost.

What about the design phase at the executive level? What about infrastructure costs in supporting the feature? What about the time spent discussing it at events like E3? Their stage time is far from cheap.

Etc. etc. etc.

Yeah I think anyone who's worked a day in the real world would be able to identify these items and realize that this likely didn't generate true profit for EA.

# 63 bkrich83 @ 08/27/11 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
I too fail to understand why people seem personally offended by this Season Ticket, and seem to wish it wasn't an option at all. Aren't options a good thing? Assuming none of us are forced to buy it at gun point, I really don't see the downside. They're really just giving guys like me, who are willing to spend a little extra cash, an extra weekend with several highly anticipated games.
Exactly. No one has come up with a reasonable reason it's a bad thing.

# 64 bkrich83 @ 08/27/11 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
If I say so?

Are you a kid? Or have you ever worked on a project of this magnitude in the real world?

Stop acting like I'm being some know it all. This isn't hard to wrap your head around.

This project likely took a while to develop and a single developer would bring home 65K a year.

You then have web developers putting in time to support the plan. The time it took to integrate it to the PSN and XBL networks would come at a cost. Pushing 65,000GB of data across their networks would come at a cost. Doing Q/A testing throughout the process would come at a cost.

What about the design phase at the executive level? What about infrastructure costs in supporting the feature? What about the time spent discussing it at events like E3? Their stage time is far from cheap.

Etc. etc. etc.

Yeah I think anyone who's worked a day in the real world would be able to identify these items and realize that this likely didn't generate true profit for EA.
Actually I have. Many many projects in the tens of millions of dollars. If you want to continue to argue that your hypotheseis is somehow to be taken strictly as fact, enjoy. You'll be arguing alone.

Besides basically nothing you posted relates to my post.

# 65 Holt81 @ 08/27/11 11:07 PM
I got the season ticket so I could try out the games before I buy them. Instead of me going out and buying a game and being out $60. Get to try out NHL, FIFA and even Golf, may even buy that depending if I like what I play.

# 66 tfctillidie @ 08/27/11 11:09 PM
Quote:
Actually I have. Many many projects in the tens of millions of dollars. If you want to continue to argue that your hypotheseis is somehow to be taken strictly as fact, enjoy. You'll be arguing alone.
Because when I say it "likely didn't generate profit" that suggests I'm making claims that are facts? Should we define the word "likely" ?

Dear lord, 63,000 posts here and you fail to comprehend logical and experienced suggestion over claiming facts? I'd rather you left me alone if that's what you think you're reading. Good grief son. Please leave me alone.

# 67 bkrich83 @ 08/27/11 11:11 PM
Quote:
Because when I say it "likely didn't generate profit" that suggests I'm making claims that are facts? Should we define the word "likely" ?

Dear lord, 63,000 posts here and you fail to comprehend logical and experienced suggestion over claiming facts? I'd rather you left me alone if that's what you think you're reading. Good grief son. Please leave me alone.
Leave you alone? Ok. I am not the one ranting because someone disagreed. Get over yourself. It's obvious you're looking to argue. I simply am not.

# 68 tfctillidie @ 08/27/11 11:13 PM
Quote:
Besides basically nothing you posted relates to my post.
I was quoting and speaking to someone else, you interjected into the conversation.

Why would I be catering to what you're saying when I wasn't even speaking to you in the first place?

I'm trying to figure out where you're coming from, but it just doesn't make sense.

# 69 Anaxamander @ 08/27/11 11:14 PM
Quote:
If I say so?

Etc. etc. etc.

You seem to assume that EA hired whole new team for this specific project. I highly doubt that was the case. More likely, they're using guys who are already on salary. At my company, we have new promotions all the time, and we don't have to hire new personnel for every project.

# 70 bkrich83 @ 08/27/11 11:15 PM
Quote:
I was quoting and speaking to someone else, you interjected into the conversation.

Why would I be catering to what you're saying when I wasn't even speaking to you in the first place?

I'm trying to figure out where you're coming from, but it just doesn't make sense.
Where I am coming from? Mostly laughing at you getting so upset about something so trivial.

# 71 tfctillidie @ 08/27/11 11:15 PM
Quote:
You seem to assume that EA hired whole new team for this specific project. I highly doubt that was the case. More likely, they're using guys who are already on salary. At my company, we have new promotions all the time, and we don't have to hire new personnel for every project.
What's your point? Just because they are already on salary, doesn't mean the time they spend on the project comes at zero cost.

# 72 tfctillidie @ 08/27/11 11:16 PM
Quote:
Where I am coming from? Mostly laughing at you getting so upset about something so trivial.
Again, please leave me alone. What's so hard to understand here.

I was explaining to someone who claimed that EA made straight profit that it likely wasn't the case, you seem to think different but haven't actually explained why, then proceed to troll and laugh at me without cause.

Seriously, bugger off if you got nothing to say.

# 73 bkrich83 @ 08/27/11 11:16 PM
Quote:
He's assuming a lot. But in the end who cares?

# 74 bkrich83 @ 08/27/11 11:17 PM
Quote:
Irony.

10 char.

# 75 tfctillidie @ 08/27/11 11:18 PM
Quote:
Irony.

10 char.

Continue to contribute nothing to the conversation. I dare you.

# 76 bkrich83 @ 08/27/11 11:19 PM
Quote:

I was explaining to someone who claimed that EA made straight profit that it likely wasn't the case, you seem to think different but haven't actually explained why, then proceed to troll and laugh at me without cause.

Seriously, bugger off if you got nothing to say.
Actually I neither disagreed nor trolled. You're simply hyper-sensitive and over value your opinion. I suspect low self esteem as the reason for overcompensation.

# 77 tfctillidie @ 08/27/11 11:20 PM
Quote:
Actually I neither disagreed nor trolled. You're simply hyper-sensitive and over value your opinion.
You can't seem to dispute the costs I suggested that exist.

How is that overvaluing an opinion. Get off your high horse and bloody debate my arguments or please, stfu.

Mr. "I've worked on Million Dollar projects", do the costs I suggested not exist in the real world? Or did EA make straight profits on Season Ticket at no cost?

# 78 dickey1331 @ 08/27/11 11:20 PM
Quote:
If I say so?

Etc. etc. etc.

You act like this is the only thing EA does. Yeah I'm sure it cost some money to do this but EA is a large company and probably already had most of those things ready for this. I'm sure EA has its own marketing budget and I highly doubt this cost much. I mean pay the developers? They are gonna get paid rather this thing happened or not.

Do you really care where I sent this from?

# 79 bkrich83 @ 08/27/11 11:22 PM
Quote:
You can't seem to dispute the costs I suggested that exist.

How is that overvaluing an opinion. Get off your high horse and bloody debate my arguments or please, stfu.

Mr. "I've worked on Million Dollar projects", do the costs I suggested not exist in the real world? Or what? BLOODY ARGUE THE POINTS AND STOP HIDING BEING THIS GARBAGE.
Yup i am the one on the high horse. I hope someone gives you a hug soon.

# 80 tfctillidie @ 08/27/11 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
You act like this is the only thing EA does. Yeah I'm sure it cost some money to do this but EA is a large company and probably already had most of those things ready for this. I'm sure EA has its own marketing budget and I highly doubt this cost much. I mean pay the developers? They are gonna get paid rather this thing happened or not.

Do you really care where I sent this from?
No I'm not acting like this is the only thing EA does.

This is utterly mindboggling you can't see this. If they used part of whatever budget you are talking about on the Season Ticket project, then the Season Ticket project cost them part of their budget...meaning the project had costs.

Is this really so hard to accept?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.