Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Xbox360Achievements have posted their NBA 2K12 hands-on preview.

Quote:
As ever, increased realism is also on the agenda too, and this year you can interact with the entire first row of the crowd. It sounds strange, but it means you can make the extra effort to keep a ball from going out of bounds, jumping over the score table or diving into the cheerleaders. A neat touch. And NBA 2K12 still looks like a million bucks too, with suitably shiny hardwood, detailed players (even with their real tattoos and all that jazz), accurately rendered arenas and more besides. Add to that new offensive and defensive moves, which makes for an “open canvas” in gameplay terms, and 2K12 has all of the key features to make for a worthwhile update.

NBA 2K12 looks like more than just an update though, and the NBA's Greatest section could almost be considered a separate game in itself, with 30 teams from various periods with their respective players all present and correct. There's 15 legends to choose from, but all 30 teams have their stars even if they're not listed among the 15. So, in the LA Lakers versus Portland Trailblazers game we're shown from Magic Johnson's challenge, we get to see Blazers' star Clyde Drexler looking just like he did in 1991, as well as Magic's fellow teammates receiving similar attention. The game will even play more like it did during that period, so a 1965 game will have less shooting from range due to the lack of a 3-point line and dunking will be less prevalent. It's also worth noting that completing NBA's Greatest challenges unlocks classic teams to use in the rest of the game.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RAELpogi @ 08/29/11 05:46 AM
First! pls more info on the current nba. heard enough of the nba greatest mode

# 2 Rafkepunk @ 08/29/11 06:53 AM
Quote:
From this welcoming opening screen, you can head into the Association Mode or Build a Dynasty, have a quick game, play a game based upon the current ones being played in the actual NBA or jump right into the NBA's Greatest Mode, which is the main thrust of 2K Sports' Gamescom showing of NBA 2K12.
New game mode ??

# 3 tutking @ 08/29/11 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafkepunk
New game mode ??
Wonderin the same thing, 2k always has a way slipping info in

# 4 sportjames23 @ 08/29/11 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAELpogi
Plenty of articles on current NBA, so look around and don't troll threads with articles on past legendary players/teams.

# 5 domidomdomz @ 08/29/11 07:42 AM
I think the Association Mode is renamed to Build a Dynasty mode.

# 6 Da_Czar @ 08/29/11 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT.Iverson
Brand new menu, I was starting to het worried after watching the gamescom videos. Going away from the vertical menu system is a huge plus
The old menu's are still there this is just the splash screen, if you will, that allows you to go directly to a particular part of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 7 Knighttime24 @ 08/29/11 10:35 AM
I think that "Build a Dynasty" might just be the author's way of describing a feature in the game. The achievements list does not show me any information that would lead me to believe that here is anything in the game named "Build a Dynasty".

# 8 swimfunk @ 08/29/11 12:13 PM
I'm starting to get a little worried that no one has mentioned Onilne Association. Maybe 2k put a gag order on the online association news so they can break it to their fans first. Online leagues better not be called online association or else I will be disappointed. I will still buy it first day tho

# 9 infam0us @ 08/29/11 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfunk
I'm starting to get a little worried that no one has mentioned Onilne Association. Maybe 2k put a gag order on the online association news so they can break it to their fans first. Online leagues better not be called online association or else I will be disappointed. I will still buy it first day tho
2k probably did, you know they love announcing everything at the end to get people hyped up before the release. Five weeks until the game is released so I'd expect them to say something about it in the next two weeks.

# 10 SkillzKillz719 @ 08/29/11 01:20 PM
Quote:
Lol I know right?

# 11 Drosebpga1 @ 08/29/11 03:29 PM
Quote:
Exactly I agree

# 12 GSWarriors9 @ 08/29/11 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drosebpga1
Exactly I agree
I agree as well

# 13 KyotoCarl @ 08/29/11 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfunk
Don't get worried, these previews are just to showcase their big selling point.
For most people, online association isn't going to top priority, that is more for the hardcore fans so don't expect them to talk about that until we get closer to release date.

# 14 DubTrey1 @ 08/29/11 04:44 PM
Although the Greatest mode is a mere novelty, I will love being able to put the Rockets championship challenge to rest by going up against a Bulls team WITH MJ on the roster and see what happens LOL!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.