Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

The NCAA Football 12 title update #2 has made it through internal certification and waiting on approval from Sony/Microsoft.

According to EA, the update is hitting a bit later than expected to address a few additional stability issues that will improve the experience.

No other details have been released, but we'll update this topic when it happens.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 BadAssHskr @ 08/29/11 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdoggg23
It is really suprizing that ea would allow so many customers to become disenfranchized with a product for so long, it is a really poor business practice. If they want more money and hold back(the patch) so we buy madden, that may happen incrementally, but the negative word of mouth kills companies and their products far more than anything else. Dont they realize that we love football and the better the product, the more we buy, and even better, the more we sell for them via word of mouth? It truly baffles me because its a goldmine if they simply use sound business strategies.
Im sure thats exactly how they planned it.

"lets wait to patch this until madden drops otherwise we wont be able to sell madden...."

Brilliant.

# 62 BGarrett7 @ 08/29/11 04:51 PM
Love the ridiculous conspiracy theories...

# 63 sarlndr @ 08/29/11 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
Can't wait to read this in a couple of hours. There will be plenty of complaints thrown against the devs for being too slow on fixing a patch. You know, because they naysayers and such can program so much better and all. Plenty of complaints, I can hear them and myself laughing at them.
Is this all you do? SMH

On topic: Finally! Lets hope for the best.

# 64 Pizzaguylol @ 08/29/11 05:04 PM
If its not tomorrow, it will probably be next Tuesday or Wednesday. Tomorrow is when Madden drops, and it would be nice to have fully functioning, correctly transferring draft classes in time for Madden.

# 65 MegaBearsFan @ 08/29/11 05:06 PM
So basically, this game was released 2 months earlier than it should have been.

Hooray for paying $60 to participate in a Beta! What a wonderful time to be a video game consumer.

# 66 khaliib @ 08/29/11 05:09 PM
I know people are bored and all, but it would be nice to enter a thread and not see Members postings of their Emotional state on how other post.

If a post really bothers you that much, PM that person instead of starting your own Oprah show.

That being said, after last years Tuner fiasco, we'll have to wait and see what effect/impact all of this coding adjustments will have on the game.

Hopefully it's more postitive than negative.

# 67 K0ZZ @ 08/29/11 05:22 PM
Personally a working NCAA product would probably sell more Madden copies than a broken one.

People get attached to some players and wanna see how they would pan out in the NFL, which means Madden gets $60 in EA's account. So I doubt they held off until after Madden released, the two sales are virtually unrelated. People buy it for the brand appeal.

# 68 Drix10 @ 08/29/11 05:51 PM
Can't come too soon. I have games crashes all the time, usually at the post game celebration. Uggh.

# 69 smoove7 @ 08/29/11 06:00 PM
Here is the post from INTEG on the 7th for a patch release date.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-sept-7th.html

I will go ahead and say that if the patch drops around that time that INTEG and the EA rep deserve their own apology thread.

Plus I dont know how true that is that you have Madden to fall back on. Having Madden to fall back on the back 6 years did not give a soft landing.

Don't you think a patch will be needed for Madden as past years have shown and who is to say it does not take 2 months as well.

Everyone was saying how good NCAA looked but once it was released and out for a few days, all heck broke loose.

# 70 nonnel @ 08/29/11 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
What baffles me is ppl are still whining and moaning after this patch news and what baffles me even more is when they then turn around and say, "Oh well I have Madden at least to fall back on." I don't understand that at all. If NCAA is such a bad game and if EA is such a horrible video game developer/publisher why do you buy any of their games at all?

The notes of the OP thread clearly state that the devs took extra time in order to fix additional issues that have hampered this really good game. Why ppl would moan about that I have no earthly idea. I really don't.
Well, let me alleviate your confusion...

I agree on SOME level that people are mad at EA for producing a bad football game, so why would they be excited about Madden. However, I hope you do realize that it's completely different people working on Madden than NCAA. So that's the logic. Not that tough.

As for why people moan, it's quite simple as well. They think EA is full of BS. If you didn't get something in quick enough, wouldn't "we were taking out time to make it even better" be a great and obvious excuse to use? Not that tough either.

Hope that helps.

# 71 nonnel @ 08/29/11 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
Can't wait to read this in a couple of hours. There will be plenty of complaints thrown against the devs for being too slow on fixing a patch. You know, because they naysayers and such can program so much better and all. Plenty of complaints, I can hear them and myself laughing at them.
So wait, I have to be able to program a video game in order to criticize it? Do I have to be able to build a car to be upset about having car trouble? Or build a computer if I'm mad about getting a virus?

Wow. Just. Wow. I applaud you, sir. One of the dumbest posts I've seen in a sea of dumb posts lately.

# 72 LoganSf @ 08/29/11 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
Personally a working NCAA product would probably sell more Madden copies than a broken one.

People get attached to some players and wanna see how they would pan out in the NFL, which means Madden gets $60 in EA's account. So I doubt they held off until after Madden released, the two sales are virtually unrelated. People buy it for the brand appeal.
True that man.

# 73 mva5580 @ 08/29/11 07:22 PM
I tried to start an online dynasty weeks ago, and the damn game crashed 3 times in the menus. I turned it off and haven't touched it since. Amazing to me that it's been this long.

Funny how people complain about PC Gaming being buggy, needing patches, etc, yet that's exactly what console gaming has become. And if anything console gaming is worse because you have no choice but to wait on developers to fix the problem. At least in PC Gaming the community can assist with taking care of some of the issues. We're all just at the mercy of these companies when it comes to console games. Thus we get $60 games which are literally broken for a month and a half. Yay.

# 74 jfsolo @ 08/29/11 07:36 PM
Hope its out on the 6th, kind of expecting the 13th myself.

# 75 ClarkNoHeart @ 08/29/11 07:58 PM
I still cannot grasp how people are "falling back" on Madden due to the disappointment of NCAA; reviews of Madden are even worse!

# 76 bukktown @ 08/29/11 08:27 PM
Please please please mods title the patch impression thread,

"NCAA Title Update #2 Impressions - Waiting on Approval from OS".

Well that's all I have to say here.

# 77 Cdog923 @ 08/29/11 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
Please please please mods title the patch impression thread,

"NCAA Title Update #2 Impressions - Waiting on Approval from OS".

Well that's all I have to say here.
If that's the case, I'll vote "nay".

# 78 pdiehm @ 08/29/11 09:08 PM
some things I hope the patch fixes:

- the sliders (though that may be a tuner)
- The option game: the blocking for the human and how quick, the CPU reads and reacts to it (ie: DE crashes down, stops on a dime and drags the QB down before he can get 2 steps down the line...this happens CONSISTENTLY; Also, the DT or LB's completely ignore the FB, and make a b-line right for the QB on the triple option)
- The psychic DB's who instantly crash into the backfield at the snap of the ball, neglecting their assignments. This completely screws up any and all outside runs.
- ALL Pro-Combat uniforms should be available now. those who paid $60 to get this game get screwed because they didn't pre-order it? Is it or is it not the same $60 being spent, let alone the fact that we all spent $60 for a game that has a gazillion flaws.
- LACK OF PASS INTERFERENCE! I saw a safety completely run over my WR while the ball was in the air, but no DPI called. Horrendous.
- Supersonic DB reactions when the ball is in the air. I've never seen anyone be able to cover as much ground on a bullet pass as the CPU does.
- Press Coverage. The CPU's press coverage works 500% better than my press coverage. None of my WR's are able to get by any press coverage.

I'm sure there's more, but I hope the patch touches on at least some of this.

# 79 Sundown2600 @ 08/29/11 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv_Levy
You do realize its possibly 2months from release date and you can finally start your online dynasty...... Thats the reason people are ticked off. We will have bought a game NEW 2months ago and when this patch drops we will finally be able to play it.
I do realize that because I have the same game that you have. My point was about ppl whining after the patch news had been released. My point is why cry about it being too late or it not being soon enough. My point is the season hasn't even started yet and we all know how things are now in this modern day world of gaming. We know all of these games are shipped with bugs and glitches and are patched later down the line. We ALL know this, so why moan about it?

I'm not saying you don't have a right to complain, but who's at fault when you see the same pattern year after year with these disc based video games? Ppl still go out at midnight to purchase a game at launch. They post an impression review on a website over the moon about how much they love it. Weeks later the moaning starts bug this, glitch that, online cheesing, can't start my online dynasty this, my dog is ugly that.

It gets old man especially if ppl are going out doing the same ish year after year.

# 80 Cdog923 @ 08/29/11 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
I do realize that because I have the same game that you have. My point was about ppl whining after the patch news had been released. My point is why cry about it being too late or it not being soon enough. My point is the season hasn't even started yet and we all know how things are now in this modern day world of gaming. We know all of these games are shipped with bugs and glitches and are patched later down the line. We ALL know this, so why moan about it?

I'm not saying you don't have a right to complain, but who's at fault when you see the same pattern year after year with these disc based video games? Ppl still go out at midnight to purchase a game at launch. They post an impression review on a website over the moon about how much they love it. Weeks later the moaning starts bug this, glitch that, online cheesing, can't start my online dynasty this, my dog is ugly that.

It gets old man especially if ppl are going out doing the same ish year after year.
It also gets old getting the same half-assed game every year. It's my own fault for expecting anything different.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.