Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

The NCAA Football 12 title update #2 has made it through internal certification and waiting on approval from Sony/Microsoft.

According to EA, the update is hitting a bit later than expected to address a few additional stability issues that will improve the experience.

No other details have been released, but we'll update this topic when it happens.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 roadman @ 08/29/11 09:38 PM
I didn't have the patience to wait it out.

Good luck to those that hung on, couldn't pass up the $30.00 trade-in for Madden.

# 82 SteboSSK @ 08/29/11 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
Personally a working NCAA product would probably sell more Madden copies than a broken one.

People get attached to some players and wanna see how they would pan out in the NFL, which means Madden gets $60 in EA's account. So I doubt they held off until after Madden released, the two sales are virtually unrelated. People buy it for the brand appeal.
I 2nd this. I would never purchase NCAA w/o the draft class feature into Madden. I like NCAA but it will always be a barebones version of Madden to me. Gameplay wise Madden is far superior and in this generation of consoles that isnt saying much...

# 83 Sundown2600 @ 08/29/11 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnel
Well, let me alleviate your confusion...

As for why people moan, it's quite simple as well. They think EA is full of BS. If you didn't get something in quick enough, wouldn't "we were taking out time to make it even better" be a great and obvious excuse to use? Not that tough either.

Hope that helps.
How do you determine that EA stating that they took extra time in order to fix some stability issues is just an excuse on their part, especially when you consider that the patch hasn't even dropped yet? You speak about logic but I don't see the logic in coming to that conclusion without proof. If you base your post on this game's prior track record current gen then I take you back to my original post; Why are you buying the game in the first place?

# 84 Sundown2600 @ 08/29/11 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdog923
It also gets old getting the same half-assed game every year. It's my own fault for expecting anything different.
Well said. I buy the game every year too so whatever flaws it has I deal with it and hope for good patches. If I get tired of the same old pattern I will stop buying it. That's all I can do.

Constructive feedback is important and we all do a great job on that end of it, but complaining about delayed patches doesnt help the dev team or this franchise one bit. That's all I'm trying to get across ya know

# 85 BGarrett7 @ 08/29/11 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
How do you determine that EA stating that they took extra time in order to fix some stability issues is just an excuse on their part, especially when you consider that the patch hasn't even dropped yet?
Because it justifies their "EA is lazy" and "I'm entitled" stance.

# 86 DJ @ 08/29/11 10:01 PM
I'm glad EA is taking its time with the patch. I'd rather have them truly fix things, and perhaps address things we didn't see or know about, than to rush out a patch, only to still have issues with the game.

My only hope is that the patch/tuner don't jack up the gameplay like they did last year. I think that currently the gameplay (aside from the attribute bug, which for me isn't a huge deal) is pretty solid.

# 87 hightide @ 08/29/11 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
Would love to know about the extra issues they fixed. Possibly zone D vs the 4 verts? Would be nice.
Yeah. I wish they would fix the deep routes being consistently open. It really hurts the game's realism. It is really frustrating to see teams like SCar and others throw for 400+ yds against bama (A+ defense) and still have a less than 50% pass %.

# 88 MizzouRah @ 08/29/11 10:25 PM
Finally!

# 89 rspencer86 @ 08/29/11 11:00 PM
Great news, I'm not one of those people that just chucks NCAA into the corner when Madden drops. Having two solid football games would be a beautiful thing, and NCAA has the potential to be great if they just clean up what needs some attention.

# 90 BSanders @ 08/29/11 11:12 PM
Finally... I wasn't planning on jumping over to Madden so this is what i wanted to hear.

# 91 franko3219 @ 08/29/11 11:22 PM
Taking their time is all well and good, and if the game comes out smelling like roses, I do not think that you will have too many educated individuals complaining. However, the fear is that EA said that it took so long because of the extra time that they wanted to take to make sure that the patch addressed everything, yet after 3 days of release the community will then find 5 additional bugs due to the patch. If that ends up being the case how can EA justify its extra time on the patch then? I am not going to trade my game in yet because I want to give this patch a chance, but my faith in EA has gone down over the past couple of years.

# 92 SteboSSK @ 08/29/11 11:31 PM
We are entitled to the product working as advertised. The whole talking down on gamers that purchased a product that have complaints is pretty low. We are not entitled to a perfect game but when 2 major advertised features are unusable out the box because of bugs...that is a problem and people paid their money for it to not be perfect but to atleast work...

# 93 Bballplaya72 @ 08/29/11 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franko3219
Taking their time is all well and good, and if the game comes out smelling like roses, I do not think that you will have too many educated individuals complaining. However, the fear is that EA said that it took so long because of the extra time that they wanted to take to make sure that the patch addressed everything, yet after 3 days of release the community will then find 5 additional bugs due to the patch. If that ends up being the case how can EA justify its extra time on the patch then? I am not going to trade my game in yet because I want to give this patch a chance, but my faith in EA has gone down over the past couple of years.
Same here.

They usually have good idea's on how to improve their game, but they are implemented so poorly it begs to question if the designers know anything about the respective sport.

# 94 fathersips @ 08/30/11 12:03 AM
EA definitely shouldn't be let off the hook for the game being released with some glaring errors, but I take some solace in the extra time taken to make sure the patch is done well and done right. Granted, it doesn't mean the game will come out 100% but even if it's 90% and playable except for a couple little things, I think we can all survive and be happy until a more minor Patch 3 if necessary.
The complaining about the length of time this patch has taken is just impatience as we all want to enjoy this game as much as possible. Obviously the mistakes weren't something where one or two lines of programming code wouldn't have cut it.

# 95 TheVinylHippo @ 08/30/11 12:36 AM
Quote:
According to EA, the update is hitting a bit later than expected to address a few additional stability issues that will improve the experience.
LMAO. A FEW stability issues? More likes hundreds

# 96 WazzuRC @ 08/30/11 01:36 AM
While I'm disappointed that it's taken this long to see a patch finally released, I'm okay with it as long as it addresses all the major issues with the game (tendencies, OD problems, freezing, etc.).

However, there is ZERO excuse why we've yet to see a tuner pack. Wasn't this highly touted so they could update gameplay tweaks without patch submission? It's been a joke for two years running. What's the point of even having tuner packs if they'll just wait until the patch drops anyway?

# 97 Super Glock @ 08/30/11 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkNoHeart
I still cannot grasp how people are "falling back" on Madden due to the disappointment of NCAA; reviews of Madden are even worse!
Give me a break, you are going by some of the ridiculous reviews by some of these gaming sites. Have you even read them, they are straight nonsense.

# 98 WazzuRC @ 08/30/11 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
That's fine but at some point some of the responsibility falls on the consumer. When was the last time that you could play this game right out of the box and be satisfied? People seriously need to wait if it affects them this much. I am NOT sticking up for EA or making excuses for them, but at some point you need to ask yourself why so many people buy this game this early when it always seems to need one or two patches.
How are people "buying the game early?" They are buying it on release date. Why should we "wait" for major features to become playable before enjoying the game? This isn't lack of dreads or field degradation or whatever. The game freezes, constantly. Online/offline dynasties, Play Now, etc. Add to the transfer fails in Online Dynasty and why should the consumer wait to enjoy the product and the features that the developer touts, just because the developer can't get their **** together?

If this was a new feature, I might be able to understand a little more. But this feature has worked by-and-large perfectly fine for the past two years and now is completely broken at the moment.

# 99 WazzuRC @ 08/30/11 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
I am not trying to be a jerk, either. But the "whoa is me" attitude here is getting beyond old.
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it's "woe is me." There are plenty of other forums on OS, feel free to browse them whenever you'd like.

# 100 aholbert32 @ 08/30/11 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it's "woe is me." There are plenty of other forums on OS, feel free to browse them whenever you'd like.
Calm down. He has a right to express his opinion. Same goes with you. As long as he isn't trolling its fine.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.