Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

The NCAA Football 12 title update #2 has made it through internal certification and waiting on approval from Sony/Microsoft.

According to EA, the update is hitting a bit later than expected to address a few additional stability issues that will improve the experience.

No other details have been released, but we'll update this topic when it happens.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Amoo316 @ 08/31/11 05:39 PM
I see we still don't have patch notes in the first thread so I'm assuming none have been release yet. WTF are they doing down there at Tiburon? Are they seriously that dense?

# 142 The_Wraith420 @ 08/31/11 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milbut
I see we still don't have patch notes in the first thread so I'm assuming none have been release yet. WTF are they doing down there at Tiburon? Are they seriously that dense?
Counting the fat stacks of cash and laughing hysterically screaming "WE DUPED THEM AGAIN HAHAHHAHAHAHA"

# 143 BGarrett7 @ 08/31/11 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milbut
Aren't released until the actual patch is released...

# 144 Dr Death @ 08/31/11 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quaziemoto3
I do not want to be the grammar police. Heaven knows that I make a number of grammatical errors. But let me introduce you to a few of my friends: . , ; ? !

They have formed a gang. They call themselves "punctuation".
And... to add to that... It would be nice if people could properly use the following:

There - Their - They're | Your - You're

There used to be NCAA games that had Div. 2 schools in them. But they're no longer in the game. It's a crime that EA has their programming limitations on nex-gen consoles and leaves these out. I know most won't agree, and if you're in that category, I apologize. But it's more than just one person who wants these in, so it's also your problem because it means other things that were in previous gen games are being left out as well.

And no, I am not a teacher. I'm a writer... LOL

# 145 TDenverFan @ 08/31/11 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
And... to add to that... It would be nice if people could properly use the following:

There - Their - They're | Your - You're

There used to be NCAA games that had Div. 2 schools in them. But they're no longer in the game. It's a crime that EA has their programming limitations on nex-gen consoles and leaves these out. I know most won't agree, and if you're in that category, I apologize. But it's more than just one person who wants these in, so it's also your problem because it means other things that were in previous gen games are being left out as well.

And no, I am not a teacher. I'm a writer... LOL
Also, it would be nice if people learned the difference between the FCS and Division 2.

# 146 Dr Death @ 08/31/11 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Also, it would be nice if people learned the difference between the FCS and Division 2.
Nice catch. At least someone's paying attention!

# 147 sniperscout75 @ 08/31/11 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGarrett7
Aren't released until the actual patch is released...
This is not true. Patch 2 notes have been released but we are all waiting on the new updated patch notes as to the additional issues addressed. I direct you to the following to rebut your response. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...2-details.html

# 148 Td1984 @ 08/31/11 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperscout75
This is not true. Patch 2 notes have been released but we are all waiting on the new updated patch notes as to the additional issues addressed. I direct you to the following to rebut your response. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...2-details.html
That's not all of the updates though.

# 149 sniperscout75 @ 08/31/11 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Td1984
That's not all of the updates though.
Did you actually read what I wrote? I said we are awaiting the additional notes.

# 150 Td1984 @ 08/31/11 08:00 PM
Quote:
Did you actually read what I wrote? I said we are awaiting the additional notes.
Oops. My mistake.

# 151 BGarrett7 @ 08/31/11 09:22 PM
Quote:
I would argue the first details about patch #2 released were just that, details. Where as the actual notes on the patch will be released when the patch itself drops.

# 152 OU81206 @ 08/31/11 10:02 PM
Well, they promised August and unless it drops in the next 2 hours... Was hoping to start my Syracuse dynasty prior to Syracuse's first game but they kick-off in less than 24 hours. Getting real tired of EA Sports across the board. There's no way in hell I'm buying Madden.

# 153 Sydeburnz @ 08/31/11 10:05 PM
Onc it leaves EA and goes to Microsoft ... yadda yadda yadda

# 154 sniperscout75 @ 08/31/11 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGarrett7
I would argue the first details about patch #2 released were just that, details. Where as the actual notes on the patch will be released when the patch itself drops.
You say potato I say........ just splitting hairs on wording there. You commented on somone who wanted the updated "details" of the additional issues addressed and thus the so called reason for the delay. They released "details" before the patch was released and he as well as I and others are chomping at the bits to hear what the additional issues were.

That is all,

# 155 knighthawksfan @ 08/31/11 11:03 PM
Hurry up dude

# 156 ODogg @ 08/31/11 11:09 PM
I'm sick of waiting too, cmon Microsoft!

# 157 marcd25 @ 08/31/11 11:12 PM
EA seriously needs to move up on the July release dates. It's way to soon. When you are on a tight schedule, the product turns to crap. Also it is way to early to pump up college football. release it August 12th and Madden In sept. That way all the bugs are minimal, and all the roster movements are updated for Madden. I never understood the July release date. It's right smack in the middle of baseball season. Not that it really matters to me, but you would hit more of your demographic later in the summer when people start shifting their minds towards the pig skin.

# 158 romeosdistress @ 08/31/11 11:25 PM
the product isnt crap though. you guys are way too picky. dont forgot one valuable thing. ITS A GAME!

# 159 CurryStorm @ 08/31/11 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcd25
EA seriously needs to move up on the July release dates. It's way to soon. When you are on a tight schedule, the product turns to crap. Also it is way to early to pump up college football. release it August 12th and Madden In sept. That way all the bugs are minimal, and all the roster movements are updated for Madden. I never understood the July release date. It's right smack in the middle of baseball season. Not that it really matters to me, but you would hit more of your demographic later in the summer when people start shifting their minds towards the pig skin.
Either that or go the other way and release it a month earlier. I don't care if EA works on it until December, I just don't believe they'll catch the bugs and glitches that the fans, especially like the ones here, will catch as they sit down and play it. Release the game at the start of June, and then hopefully by August, Patch #2 will be out, and we can enjoy the game as close to bug free as possible by the time the first college football game rolls around.

# 160 nonnel @ 08/31/11 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcd25

I fail to understand your logic. How does that give them any more time to make the product better? If you release NCAA 2012 in July, and NCAA 2013 in July... that's a 12 month window to work with. If you release NCAA 2012 in August and NCAA 2013 in August... that's a 12 month window to work with. Changing the release date does nothing except give you an extra month for ONE release of the franchise. What would it fix the following year?

Now, as to your point that the release date should be closer to the start of the season, that I agree with. But as far as it making it easier to fix bugs, that literally makes ZERO sense.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.