Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 DR Russell @ 08/31/11 04:02 PM
The best sports videogame trailer ever imo. Amazing job Momentous!!! After the off season i need to watch basketball to get in basketball mode, this trailer is all i needed.

# 82 scatman @ 08/31/11 04:03 PM
I've fainted 4 times since opening the link.....(faints again)

# 83 Goffs @ 08/31/11 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster
Second trailer including a Bill Cartwright highlight...

SMH
Blocking Zo no less....

i was expecting Zo to show up later in the trailer sending a shot back from Cartwright.

# 84 Boilerbuzz @ 08/31/11 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSWarriors9
SMH, its crazy how colors could be so off. I hope they fixed the Warriors court as well, couldn't really tell from the trailer but it looks as though its more gold instead of the bright yellow they had in 2k11, fingers crossed!
Wow. We're harping on colors after someone claims shoelace colors were always only "black or white" which is wrong. But anyway. You have no idea if your TV or the monitors used by the devs are off. It's EASY to be slightly off with colors guys. Give it a rest. Every color for every items in any game will never be exact. For all you know, your monitor you're watching the video on is off. Or the capture was off. It doesn't take much.

Instead of focusing on the work Mo put into making this video, you guys are trailing off into colors. Really?

# 85 Greene_Flash03 @ 08/31/11 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neptuneniq
too late to change
They had all year to fix it....

# 86 Greene_Flash03 @ 08/31/11 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Wow. We're harping on colors after someone claims shoelace colors were always only "black or white" which is wrong. But anyway. You have no idea if your TV or the monitors used by the devs are off. It's EASY to be slightly off with colors guys. Give it a rest. Every color for every items in any game will never be exact. For all you know, your monitor you're watching the video on is off. Or the capture was off. It doesn't take much.
No, monitors are fine here. I'm sure you know that color palette has been an issue for 2K for few years now.

BTW, the trailer was great. No problems with that. Just sayin.

# 87 TheBadazz @ 08/31/11 04:07 PM
Maybe 2K color palette is off because the tone they use give the best tone of skin. EA had court colors right, but skin colors were too dark and cartoony. Just a thought.

# 88 neptuneniq @ 08/31/11 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
They had all year to fix it....
and the year before that

# 89 DJ @ 08/31/11 04:08 PM
That was off the chain, Momentus! Love the song choice, too (that song's been stuck in my head for a week. Love the flow and the beat is nice).

The post game looks real nice and seeing Magic running Showtime was a thing of beauty.

# 90 dirtydizzle @ 08/31/11 04:09 PM
Quote:

Instead of focusing on the work Mo put into making this video, you guys are trailing off into colors. Really?
YES WE ARE!

# 91 scatman @ 08/31/11 04:09 PM
This game, from the looks of this trailer, is going to be amazing.....I almost hate myself now for buying Madden 12, I'm never going to play it.....wow. I'm truly impressed by the detail the post seem to have gotten. I love the post game more than anything else and it all looks so promising. And the handle.....did you see the handle?! WTF this game just based of this trailer has won GAME OF THE YEAR. Think I'm overstating it, too bad. Best trailer again, they should change the name from NBA 2K12 to Watch the Throne because it can only get better from here......wow. Aug 31-Oct 4= 34 days left.....

# 92 GSWarriors9 @ 08/31/11 04:10 PM
Quote:

Dude if you read my 1st post i said this trailer was awsome, the color of the Warriors jersey was my only problem. And Im pretty sure it has nothing to do with my monitor because they were the same color in 2k11

# 93 Stevenash22 @ 08/31/11 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
Brb.

Going to camp in front of Gamestop until October.
lol me too im out omfg this is even better than i thought wowww

# 94 Greene_Flash03 @ 08/31/11 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadazz
Maybe 2K color palette is off because the tone they use give the best tone of skin. EA had court colors right, but skin colors were too dark and cartoony. Just a thought.
That's right man. So that's why I've been bringing it up every year, because I know it is possible. EA had the colors palette right, but the texture is very plastic-ky.

Imagine those colors in 2k textures.

# 95 da ThRONe @ 08/31/11 04:12 PM
Tears
Of
Joy
!

# 96 Boilerbuzz @ 08/31/11 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
No, monitors are fine here. I'm sure you know that color palette has been an issue for 2K for few years now.

BTW, the trailer was great. No problems with that. Just sayin.
I honestly have no idea how VC does coloring. I don't think it's what you're thinking. What I DO know is that defining colors in a game is NOT a simple task and many things can impact the final color you see on the screen. So no matter how much work you put into it, every color will not be exactly as you want it. Again - color is important - but lets not get crazy over the color of shoelaces (which started this and was, again, a false statement).

# 97 BDM313 @ 08/31/11 04:14 PM
Lmaosmh@the color complaints....Man that trailer was sick from start to finish im still in ahh@roses signature gather october need to hurry I know what my birthday gift will be indeed....

# 98 G0DZGiFT @ 08/31/11 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydizzle
That was ok .. seems like a 2k11 with updated elbow pads ... One thing that bugs me is that shoelaces are Team Colors .. not like in real life where they are just black and white. <--- Thats a very little thing .. don't read into it to much.

I was excited to see this.. but really that was not that exciting .. animations look the same... At least in that trailer. I saw a new Ally-oop and I think one different dunk other wise MEH. Ronnie over hyped this like he is doing the job that he is paid for. 5/10 for this.
You bugging bro, this ish is official

# 99 Boilerbuzz @ 08/31/11 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSWarriors9
Dude if you read my 1st post i said this trailer was awsome, the color of the Warriors jersey was my only problem. And Im pretty sure it has nothing to do with my monitor because they were the same color in 2k11
I clearly referred to the "color of shoelaces" post which was NOT your post if I'm not mistaken.

# 100 dirtydizzle @ 08/31/11 04:16 PM
Quote:
I honestly have no idea how VC does coloring. I don't think it's what you're thinking. What I DO know is that defining colors in a game is NOT a simple task and many things can impact the final color you see on the screen. So no matter how much work you put into it, every color will not be exactly as you want it. Again - color is important - but lets not get crazy over the color of shoelaces (which started this and was, again, a false statement).
My bad on the shoelaces.. I honestly never saw it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.