Home
NHL 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS YouTube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mbergh22 @ 09/06/11 03:05 PM
wow... not sure really what to think. There is no women in the nhl. I wonder if this will happen in other sports titles.

# 2 jyoung @ 09/06/11 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbergh22
There is no women in the nhl.
Are you sure?

I'm pretty sure Julie "The Cat" Gaffney plays for Anaheim:

Looking forward to this feature!

# 3 Cryolemon @ 09/06/11 03:11 PM
Intriguing.

There have been one or two women who've played pre-season games in the NHL. It's not happened in any other sport at the pro level* (there have been one or two female kickers in College Football history).

Also, This might cause a somewhat mixed reaction on the forums#.

*This ignores the handful of women who played pro baseball in the Negro leagues in the early 20th century.

#This is likely an understatement

# 4 chrisphil1724 @ 09/06/11 03:12 PM
Wow, so girls are going to be the new black skin, blonde hair of the EASHL?

# 5 Cryolemon @ 09/06/11 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisphil1724
Wow, so girls are going to be the new black skin, blonde hair of the EASHL?
Lol, probably.

# 6 Levesque7 @ 09/06/11 03:25 PM
Did anyone notice the more important part of this video? There is an option that says "Head Type" and the option shown is "Generic Head". It is greyed out when on the female player type, but is available as an option when Male is selected. Does this mean there is the option to create a custom face or better yet use the EA Gameface from the website? If that is the case...IT IS ABOUT TIME.

If not, carry on...

Oh yeah, I dont care about female faces as long as they aren't overused.

# 7 hawkeye2188 @ 09/06/11 03:28 PM
I dont usually play NHL games, but I have no problem with this.

# 8 Money99 @ 09/06/11 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbergh22
wow... not sure really what to think. There is no women in the nhl. I wonder if this will happen in other sports titles.
I don't have a problem with it. If a girl buys the game and wants to be in it, who cares? It's her cash.
Besides, there are probably thousands of girls that are closer to the NHL than I am, and yet I put myself in the game.

On a side note, I'm sure this guy would still fight her though.

# 9 FBeaule04 @ 09/06/11 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I don't have a problem with it. If a girl buys the game and wants to be in it, who cares? It's her cash.
Besides, there are probably thousands of girls that are closer to the NHL than I am, and yet I put myself in the game.

On a side note, I'm sure this guy would still fight her though.

Nothing against women, but the closest female (not publicity stunt) from the NHL might have been Hayley Wickenheiser and I would say she was just between Midget AAA and Major Junior.

I'm wondering what would have been the answer if there was female CAP type in Madden 12?

# 10 ChaseB @ 09/06/11 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levesque7
Did anyone notice the more important part of this video? There is an option that says "Head Type" and the option shown is "Generic Head". It is greyed out when on the female player type, but is available as an option when Male is selected. Does this mean there is the option to create a custom face or better yet use the EA Gameface from the website? If that is the case...IT IS ABOUT TIME.

If not, carry on...

Oh yeah, I dont care about female faces as long as they aren't overused.
No dice on that one.

# 11 Cryolemon @ 09/06/11 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
Nothing against women, but the closest female (not publicity stunt) from the NHL might have been Hayley Wickenheiser and I would say she was just between Midget AAA and Major Junior.
True, but women have got closer to the NHL than most other pro sports.

Quote:
I'm wondering what would have been the answer if there was female CAP type in Madden 12?
Lol, I think "sh--storm" would about cover it.

# 12 Money99 @ 09/06/11 04:13 PM
Quote:

Haha, I'm sure there would be massive outrage. But I really don't see why.
I know others might disagree, but the way I see it is, we're paying near $70 for a video game. We should be able to do anything we want for that kind of jack.
So if some woman, or young girl, wants to make herself the #1 centre on the Sharks, more power to them.

Now, if EA had allowed females to be draftable prospects in a Dynasty mode, then I can see where people might be upset. That would take away from the realism in that mode.
But as far as career modes? I really couldn't care less. I think the more options the better.
If it helps expand interest in the sport, even better.

# 13 Fiddy @ 09/06/11 04:21 PM
lol at this..

at least the dude on our eashl team named "Kelly Ripa" can now how a female face. hahaha!!

# 14 Levesque7 @ 09/06/11 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
No dice on that one.
Thanks, Chase. I just saw in a review that they added 182 faces you can use, but still no custom faces. At least it's not only the same 10 or 15 faces available like the last few years.

# 15 Cryolemon @ 09/06/11 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Haha, I'm sure there would be massive outrage. But I really don't see why.
Agreed. I think more games should do this. I doubt Madden ever will (partly because they seem to have all but given up on Superstar mode) but I think it would be cool in any MLB game that EA make in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
lol at this..

at least the dude on our eashl team named "Kelly Ripa" can now how a female face. hahaha!!
Kelly can be a guy's name (see the surfer Kelly Slater).

# 16 MrBallaBoy21 @ 09/06/11 04:52 PM
This would make it fair for girls that play sports games. Every sports game should have this option imo.

# 17 kai123 @ 09/06/11 04:59 PM
The first girl in the video looked like a young boy with pig tails. And the body type for the girls should be changed because they look as bulky as the guys. All in all its a funny feature.

# 18 crenk @ 09/06/11 05:05 PM
i dont know....seems like they could use the time(however long it might have been to add women to this game) to add things people have been asking for for years. As far as I can tell nobody has been clamoring to create women.....

# 19 Cryolemon @ 09/06/11 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crenk
i dont know....seems like they could use the time(however long it might have been to add women to this game) to add things people have been asking for for years. As far as I can tell nobody has been clamoring to create women.....
Programming wise I'm guessing it took very little time at all. Most of the work involved is presumably graphical.

# 20 crenk @ 09/06/11 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
Programming wise I'm guessing it took very little time at all. Most of the work involved is presumably graphical.
point taken....if that is the case I would rather they did otherthings like create a team logos, new goalie masks, new uniform templates etc....all presumably easy graphical updates.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.