Home
NHL 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS YouTube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 VladCanada @ 09/06/11 06:11 PM
Are you going to be able to install blades on high heels next?

# 22 Cryolemon @ 09/06/11 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladCanada
Are you going to be able to install blades on high heels next?
Lol.

I'm surprised it took 22 posts for a comment like this actually.

# 23 Yrogergj24 @ 09/06/11 07:06 PM
Is there a boob size slider?

# 24 I3RIS3H @ 09/06/11 07:06 PM
So lame it's not even describable.

# 25 Vikes1 @ 09/06/11 07:12 PM
My daughters are going to dig the heck outta this!

And personally, I'm ok with it. What the hell...why not.

# 26 Cryolemon @ 09/06/11 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrogergj24
Is there a boob size slider?
...and very surprised it took this long for someone to say this lol.

# 27 johan_solo @ 09/06/11 09:39 PM
Am I the only person who remembers Manon Rheaume?

http://bigmouthsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/x-manon-rheaume-23-september-2010.jpg

# 28 Flyermania @ 09/06/11 09:43 PM
It's true that most of the work for female players fell on the graphical side of things, but why not spend the time and resources adding more player faces for actual NHL players? There are still many players that don't have one yet, and even more that have them that could have been reworked.

# 29 Donovan @ 09/06/11 09:48 PM
Id never thought of this before being a dude, but surprised it took so long for them to add. There are definitely plenty of female hockey fans who would enjoy this, and there will eventually be a female NHL player, or at least an AHL player. There have already been exhibition games and women like Hayley Wickenheiser who have played full seasons in men's pro leagues in Europe.

Good minor addition that will please some out there.

# 30 monkigrass @ 09/06/11 09:52 PM
My options just opened up...

I'll probably make a Serena just for fun.

# 31 Cryolemon @ 09/07/11 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan
Good minor addition that will please some out there.
It might also piss a few people off.

# 32 laijka @ 09/07/11 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
But why?

As long as female players doesn't begin to show up in my BAGM I don't see a problem with having the choice to create a female player in BAP or online play.

# 33 Donovan @ 09/07/11 07:37 AM
Quote:
LMAO. Anyone who is pissed off by this addition has a serious issue. It's a feature 98% of us wont use but might bring fun to those who do.

# 34 Cryolemon @ 09/07/11 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laijka
But why?

As long as female players doesn't begin to show up in my BAGM I don't see a problem with having the choice to create a female player in BAP or online play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan
LMAO. Anyone who is pissed off by this addition has a serious issue. It's a feature 98% of us wont use but might bring fun to those who do.
I agree, but it's the kind of thing that riles some people up. Luckily none of them have posted in this thread so far (if this was in a more popular game than NHL I think the sh--storm would have started early lol).

# 35 cheechoo98 @ 09/07/11 11:00 AM
I totally made my Online Be-A-Pro character Manon Rheaume fro about a week in NHL 11 !!!
http://www.coolhockey.com/images/histories/10324.jpg

# 36 SinisterAlex @ 09/07/11 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBallaBoy21
This would make it fair for girls that play sports games. Every sports game should have this option imo.
I have a female gamer on my friends list who players NHL 11 regularly. She'll love this for sure.

# 37 plaidchuck @ 09/07/11 03:55 PM
Lol another "requested feature" along with the goalie fights and glass breaking..

# 38 jyoung @ 09/07/11 04:11 PM
My high school hockey team had two girls on it.

One of them was the daughter of retired Nashville Predators assistant coach Brent Peterson. She was actually one of the better players on the team.

Nothing wrong with this feature. Girls play hockey, too.

# 39 CarryTheWeight @ 09/07/11 05:13 PM
Quote:
Sad, but true. Look at the comments on YouTube, completely ridiculous.

I personally think this is a really smart addition. Almost reminds me of the female Commander Shepard option in Mass Effect (except nowhere as robust in terms of customization). It'll be interesting to see more female players in the series from here on in...would love to see the Canadian national women's hockey team, who could probably hold their own with any male squad out there.

I don't want to get into any further debate over this, but female gamers comprise around 40% of the overall gaming population (don't quote me on that number, though...going by memory). These are normal, everyday girls and women, not anything "strange" about them. I'm in a relationship with a girl gamer right now and she loves this news, pigtails and all.

# 40 CX1329 @ 09/07/11 07:09 PM
It's neat that girls will be able to play as a girl now, and it's baffling that anybody on Earth would be upset by this. Like others said, as long as there aren't any draftable women or something that would detract from the realism, it's not an issue at all. Sure, people online will probably fool around with this feature, but it's not like there aren't any ridiculous CAPs out there already. I wish more sports games would give female gamers this opportunity.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.