Home
News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Interested in an updated Tecmo Super Bowl? Complete with 32 teams, updated rosters, updated graphics and more?

Well, you're in luck! The fine folks at TecmoBowl.org have just released Tecmo Super Bowl 2012.

Go ahead and download your copy, along with an emulator, right here. Unzip it, run the Nestopia app, then click "File", "Open" and find the TSB 2012(9.7.11).nes file. Enjoy!

Quote:
Happy 20th birthday, Tecmo Super Bowl!

What’s changed.
  • All 32 teams
  • Current day rosters (sorry David Garrard)
  • Passing Accuracy now does something (this means original game John Elway realllllly sucked)
  • Updated Graphics
  • Ability to change the quarter length

Update: 9/12/11

http://tecmobowl.org/2011/09/12/upda...with-qb-colts/

Here are some of the highlights of the fixes
  • Mixed up Passing Accuracy and Pass Control in the manual: PA = completions, PC = where the ball is going
  • Not only is Kerry Collins starting over Peyton, but he’s been renamed as “QB Colts”
  • We fixed all the stuff up above
  • Check out the readme for the gory details
  • Last but not least, let us know if we’ve still overlooked something in the following areas
  • Jersey Number
  • Graphics

Member Comments
# 1 LRBTODAY @ 09/09/11 11:00 AM
Frickin' Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 2 The GIGGAS @ 09/09/11 11:01 AM
I've been playing it since it came out on Wednesday. Fantastic mod.

As an aside, the emulator provided is a Windows executable, so Mac and Linux users will have to find a different emulator.

# 3 danny @ 09/09/11 12:30 PM
This is my football game of choice! Great mod, enjoying the heck out of it. This game's fun factor is second to none!

# 4 fliplm0de @ 09/09/11 08:32 PM
WOW!! Great job with these having a TON of fun with it. Thanks!!!

# 5 LingeringRegime @ 09/09/11 08:47 PM
I have tears in my eyes, no lie. Thank you Steve!!!

Check this out. 8 minute Quarters....Even Reggie Bush got hurt during the game.

By the way, where can I find other games for this particular emulator? I am new to this.

# 6 Aimbrogn @ 09/09/11 10:14 PM
You cannot beat a classic and this mod rocks! Peyton Hillis is a beast!

# 7 l3ulvl @ 09/09/11 10:19 PM
My life just changed.

edit: crap I can't find the control scheme. I'm at the game menu trying to select preseason game and not sure how to

# 8 LingeringRegime @ 09/09/11 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
My life just changed.

edit: crap I can't find the control scheme. I'm at the game menu trying to select preseason game and not sure how to
Comma = B
Period = A

Arrows are the directions.

# 9 jsou4646 @ 09/10/11 02:00 AM
First off, thanks for the mod, but how can I use my controller, its plugged in and shows it plugged in but i cant use it, any help would be great.

# 10 Bull_Dozer @ 09/10/11 02:10 PM
<3 updated Tecmo

There's gonna be quite a few new TSB roms this year. Buck's is usually my fav

# 11 Bellsprout @ 09/10/11 02:11 PM
I'm a little surprised we're allowed to talk about this here. Emulators aren't the most legal thing in the world.

Either way, updated Tecmo is my favorite football game every year.

# 12 bcruise @ 09/10/11 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
I'm a little surprised we're allowed to talk about this here. Emulators aren't the most legal thing in the world.

Either way, updated Tecmo is my favorite football game every year.
Steve making life a little difficult on his mod team...lol. It's not that emus themselves are illegal, but downloading the games is the illegal part. As far as the NES goes, however, I think patents have even expired by now, so something that old is a little less gray-area than some other stuff. But then you have remakes like Throwback involved as well, so I don't really know what's legal and what's not...

Sorry, this shouldn't become a discussion on legality...nice to see the new year's version out! Time to practice my mad nosetackle dive skillz again! (YOU try stopping the CPU in the playoffs by normal means )

# 13 hort22 @ 09/10/11 04:20 PM
just simmed a season...get to vegas and bet it all on the chiefs...28-17 winners over the eagles in the super bowl!

# 14 jsou4646 @ 09/10/11 05:36 PM
can anyone help me on getting my controller to work its a saitek and its being recognized but i cant get it to work.thanks

# 15 f1sh1000 @ 09/10/11 10:40 PM
$10 USB nintendo controllers on eBay. Would work great for this game

# 16 LingeringRegime @ 09/11/11 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1sh1000
$10 USB nintendo controllers on eBay. Would work great for this game
Going to have to bite the bullet on this.

# 17 jsou4646 @ 09/11/11 02:00 AM
thanks fish they work with windows 7

# 18 dbeth @ 09/11/11 10:48 AM
Absolutely an incredible ROM. Well done by whomever on getting all 32 teams into it, adjustable quarter length, as well as the correct NFL schedule.

Amazing work!

# 19 maximized98 @ 09/11/11 02:10 PM
That site is great. Used to be knobbe.org and the people and creativity over there is great.

BTW, if you guys like the NCAA version, you can find that one as well over there.

TECMO is the greatest football game of all time!!!!!!!!!!!

# 20 BDKiiing @ 09/11/11 07:47 PM
so I got that comma and period are A and B, whats select? to call timeouts and all.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.