Home
News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Interested in an updated Tecmo Super Bowl? Complete with 32 teams, updated rosters, updated graphics and more?

Well, you're in luck! The fine folks at TecmoBowl.org have just released Tecmo Super Bowl 2012.

Go ahead and download your copy, along with an emulator, right here. Unzip it, run the Nestopia app, then click "File", "Open" and find the TSB 2012(9.7.11).nes file. Enjoy!

Quote:
Happy 20th birthday, Tecmo Super Bowl!

What’s changed.
  • All 32 teams
  • Current day rosters (sorry David Garrard)
  • Passing Accuracy now does something (this means original game John Elway realllllly sucked)
  • Updated Graphics
  • Ability to change the quarter length

Update: 9/12/11

http://tecmobowl.org/2011/09/12/upda...with-qb-colts/

Here are some of the highlights of the fixes
  • Mixed up Passing Accuracy and Pass Control in the manual: PA = completions, PC = where the ball is going
  • Not only is Kerry Collins starting over Peyton, but he’s been renamed as “QB Colts”
  • We fixed all the stuff up above
  • Check out the readme for the gory details
  • Last but not least, let us know if we’ve still overlooked something in the following areas
  • Jersey Number
  • Graphics

Member Comments
# 21 LingeringRegime @ 09/12/11 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
so I got that comma and period are A and B, whats select? to call timeouts and all.
Just hit the "A" button comma and it will bring up the mini-menu for calling timeouts.

# 22 LingeringRegime @ 09/12/11 12:21 AM
I hope that Cam Newton gets an adjustment in his accuaracy/arm strength.

# 23 dophin26 @ 09/12/11 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
I hope that Cam Newton gets an adjustment in his accuaracy/arm strength.
One game does not a quarterback make.

I've been playing/editing this game for years. Hard to believe one of the best football games ever made came out two console generations ago. Takes me back to the college tourney days...

# 24 LingeringRegime @ 09/12/11 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
One game does not a quarterback make.

I've been playing/editing this game for years. Hard to believe one of the best football games ever made came out two console generations ago. Takes me back to the college tourney days...
Yeah, that's true, but it was a pretty good start.

# 25 Steve_OS @ 09/12/11 10:54 PM
Updated OP.

http://tecmobowl.org/2011/09/12/upda...with-qb-colts/

Here are some of the highlights of the fixes
  • Mixed up Passing Accuracy and Pass Control in the manual: PA = completions, PC = where the ball is going
  • Not only is Kerry Collins starting over Peyton, but he’s been renamed as “QB Colts”
  • We fixed all the stuff up above
  • Check out the readme for the gory details
  • Last but not least, let us know if we’ve still overlooked something in the following areas
  • Jersey Number
  • Graphics

# 26 maddenps2 @ 09/13/11 12:20 PM
Off topic slightly, but I wish someone would make updated rosters for the old maddens, nba lives on the snes/genesis, and joe-montana/prime time football.

# 27 LingeringRegime @ 09/13/11 05:07 PM
What are the differences between Buck's Rom and Knobbe's Rom?

Just got my USB NES controller. The thing is so tiny in my hands now.

# 28 Elway7 @ 09/20/11 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy321813
Okay why is Falcons jerseys, the NFL logo, and the endzone pink? That's annoying... Just started playing f.y.i.
The palette wasn't edited for certain things. Easy fix.

# 29 bucs2nine @ 09/21/11 09:15 AM
Okay....just curious here...read about a controller not working. I hooked up my Logitech wireless which I used on TSB roms in the past just fine. But i cannot get it to work with this ROM??? any ideas?

please inform.

Thanks.

PS - Is the only controller that works with it the mentioned NES USB one?

# 30 Bellsprout @ 09/21/11 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucs2nine
Okay....just curious here...read about a controller not working. I hooked up my Logitech wireless which I used on TSB roms in the past just fine. But i cannot get it to work with this ROM??? any ideas?

please inform.

Thanks.

PS - Is the only controller that works with it the mentioned NES USB one?
Try a different emulator, maybe.

There's like a thousand NES emulators out there. Nestopia isn't the only one.

# 31 Jay16509 @ 09/21/11 02:53 PM
put this rom on my PSP with a nes emulator. Perfect to take on the go, and much better than Madden 12 for it.

# 32 bucs2nine @ 09/21/11 02:59 PM
Thanx Dayman.....

i did not even think of that.

Will try another emulator.

I LOVE ZOOEY !!!!!! ELF is the best ! also Bridge to Terabithia....and wife and I want to check out her new TV show as well !!!

# 33 Bellsprout @ 09/21/11 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucs2nine
Thanx Dayman.....

i did not even think of that.

Will try another emulator.

I LOVE ZOOEY !!!!!! ELF is the best ! also Bridge to Terabithia....and wife and I want to check out her new TV show as well !!!
I think I use VirtuaNES, maybe. Try that one.

Otherwise, there's a whole bunch of them here. I'm assuming I'm allowed to give that link out since it appears to just be emulators on that site and no roms.

# 34 l3ulvl @ 09/21/11 04:04 PM
It's strange using the keyboard controls. For years my left hand controlled movement and my right hand controlled A&B. Now it's reversed and hard to get used to.

# 35 bucs2nine @ 09/22/11 07:23 AM
I used my logitech wireless with the JNES version.....perfect...set my buttons and everything !!!!!

Will there be UPDATES for the rosters for this during the year. Would like to see David Nelson for Buffalo at WR?

# 36 l3ulvl @ 09/23/11 09:01 PM
I got a controller today at best buy and I'm trying to manually map the buttons. Got it all figured out except for the diagonal movements. Could anyone help me? I tried recording 2 keys pressed together at the same time, but when I played he would just stand still when a diagonal movement was pressed.

edit: I'm using a Logitech F310 if that helps

2nd edit: nvm I figured it out. I needed to have FPS style directions checked. Leaving comment up just in case anyone else is having same issue.

# 37 PadresFan104 @ 09/25/11 01:37 AM
This ROM is awesome!!! Running on my Mac with Nestopia and a wireless XBOX controller...

# 38 Bull_Dozer @ 10/04/11 12:47 AM
Buck released his Tecmo rom, which beats the hell out of every other rom I've played:

http://tecmobowl.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14814

# 39 _-King-_ @ 10/10/11 08:24 PM
I hope one day this is done with 2K5.

# 40 bcruise @ 10/10/11 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _-King-_
I hope one day this is done with 2K5.
Not sure what you mean...people have been updating 2k5's rosters since the year it came out.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.