Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

It is time for you to make your case on the greatest NBA team of all-time.

Fans can select a current or Legendary squad and submit their argument to Youtube. Upload a compassionate, convincing argument and have a shot at an upcoming NBA 2K12 commercial spot.

Head on over to NBA2KDebate.com to get the details.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Pared @ 09/09/11 04:38 PM
MJ can't even remember what to say - he looks so cross-eyed reading from the cue cards.

# 22 laroche360 @ 09/09/11 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwizzle
I can see bill russell makin a video next????? Bill does have 11 rings many forget that. MJ is the greatest basketball player of all time!!! Many don't know that Bill Russell is the GREATEST CHAMPION of all time 11 rings Come on No arguing with that one. Not a opinion either its a fact
yeah but u forget that back in Russelīs days, the league had only 11 TEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!with all due respect to Russel,i donīt think he would won that many rings in the 80 or the 90`s

# 23 MessenjahMatt @ 09/09/11 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Watch closely. He CLEARLY PUSHED HIM
They need to get that Sports Science show on the "push-off", I don't think it affected Russell, Jordan got the edge on him and he overcompensated to cutoff a drive to the basket. MJ's hand is barely there for a second before it sharply drops down, not following through with a real push.

# 24 Pared @ 09/09/11 04:43 PM
You're not biased, or anything, are ya?

# 25 cornille @ 09/09/11 04:47 PM
..... man lol well that was just nice.... lmao had me giggling like a lil school girl ..... but whens the my player talk ? or did i miss it ...

# 26 JSensui @ 09/09/11 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessenjahMatt

They need to get that Sports Science show on the "push-off", I don't think it affected Russell, Jordan got the edge on him and he overcompensated to cutoff a drive to the basket. MJ's hand is barely there for a second before it sharply drops down, not following through with a real push.
I'm a Knick fan, and I can admit that the "push-off" was really mostly Russell's momentum.

# 27 cornille @ 09/09/11 04:53 PM
yo is that charles in that back ground lol nice....

# 28 VDusen04 @ 09/09/11 04:54 PM
Quote:

Thank you. I very much agree. If you slow anything down enough on a replay, you can pretty much mold your own reality. Jordan's "push off" replay kind of reminds me of Drexler's famous swooping dunk against the Lakers.

In regular speed, from the normal angle, it's an impressive one-handed dunk. In the slow motion replay from the baseline, it looks like Clyde took off from half-court and air walked to the basket.

Was their contact between Jordan's hand and Russell? Yes. Did it make Bryon fall backward out of position like he did? I really, really don't think so. I don't think that hand being there or not being there would have altered the result.

# 29 mjwizzle @ 09/09/11 04:56 PM
"yeah but u forget that back in Russelīs days, the league had only 11 TEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!with all due respect to Russel,i donīt think he would won that many rings in the 80 or the 90`s"

Uh Bill Russell would have still been a dominating force in the league in those eras Would he have won 11 we will never know but the facts still remain and they did have some competitive players back then They may not have had that many teams but still he dominated everybody. He maybe still be the only big man to block a shot and still keep the ball in bounds(His defense is still unmatched today). Remember if it wasn't for Bill Russell there would no Michael Jordan. MJ has said the same thing. He made it possible that there would be more black guys in the league b/c at 1st they wasn't haven't no blacks being stars of their teams. THANK YOU BILL RUSSELL FOR HELPING MAKING IT POSSIBLE! MICHAEL JORDAN WILL FOREVER BE KNOWN AS THE GREATEST BASKETBALL PLAYER OF ALL TIME HANDS DOWN. Like I said Bill Russell Still got those 11 rings Though.

# 30 King_B_Mack @ 09/09/11 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketball GURU
96 Bulls clearly...no debating
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Man no doubt, the 96 Chicago Bulls are like the Batman of the NBA and possibly all of sports. No matter the question, no matter what, the answer is always the 96 Bulls

# 31 CelticPride101 @ 09/09/11 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Man no doubt, the 96 Chicago Bulls are like the Batman of the NBA and possibly all of sports. No matter the question, no matter what, the answer is always the 96 Bulls
don't think so, the answer is 86 Cs

# 32 iLLosophy @ 09/09/11 05:26 PM
Anybody gonna take this argument to the 'tube?

# 33 LingeringRegime @ 09/09/11 05:27 PM
I look forward to this more than any other feature this year.

# 34 iLLosophy @ 09/09/11 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticPride101

Measuring teams vs teams just based on talent alone is only part of the equation. How the team fits together is more important than how much skill you have on your roster.

# 35 King_B_Mack @ 09/09/11 05:44 PM
Quote:

My biasedness beats your biasedness

I'd protect my legacy too if I was those dudes. As for the second video? Clearly that's somebody bitter about the Jordan Bulls putting together a video to fit his argument about why Jordan and the Bulls really weren't that great. We know this cause he brings up Jordan losing to the Celtics of the 80's like that's supposed to prove something. Jordan's teams in the 80's were trash and he still was dropping 60 on dudes. If he had even just the Pippen of the 90's in those days how would things be? We'll never know but trying to justify Jordan's Bulls not being able to beat Dr J's squads or Bird and the C's because he lost in the mid to late 80's is laughable.

# 36 CelticPride101 @ 09/09/11 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Measuring teams vs teams just based on talent alone is only part of the equation. How the team fits together is more important than how much skill you have on your roster.

so you're telling me that the 96 Bulls fit together perfectly but not the other teams mentioned?
because that would be straight up comedy

# 37 iLLosophy @ 09/09/11 05:53 PM
Quote:
so you're telling me that the 96 Bulls fit together perfectly but not the other teams mentioned?
because that would be straight up comedy
They were almost perfect

# 38 CelticPride101 @ 09/09/11 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
My biasedness beats your biasedness

I'd protect my legacy too if I was those dudes. As for the second video? Clearly that's somebody bitter about the Jordan Bulls putting together a video to fit his argument about why Jordan and the Bulls really weren't that great. We know this cause he brings up Jordan losing to the Celtics of the 80's like that's supposed to prove something. Jordan's teams in the 80's were trash and he still was dropping 60 on dudes. If he had even just the Pippen of the 90's in those days how would things be? We'll never know but trying to justify Jordan's Bulls not being able to beat Dr J's squads or Bird and the C's because he lost in the mid to late 80's is laughable.

I know, lot of hating there , everything we say is all speculation though

one gotta look at the matchups and timing too, that's the most important thing here imo
MJ dropped 60 on the 86 Cs but you gotta take in to account that he was almost their main offensive weapon, plus he was much more athletic than in 96 thus giving DJ (a strong defensive stopper but losing his athleticism at the time) much more trouble, plus they got swept in the series
only thing I am most def sure about is that in the 80's the 96 Bulls wouldn't go 72-10

# 39 CelticPride101 @ 09/09/11 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
They were almost perfect

86 Cs were perfect

edit: except with injuries, luck and age issues lol

# 40 rangerrick012 @ 09/09/11 06:01 PM
Quote:

Just wanted to quote this to point out how I lol'ed at CHuck in the back. Btw I know Ahmad Rashad's probably somewhere around there since he's always on MJ so hard.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.