Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Longtime OS Contributor Da Czar got some hands on time with NBA 2K12 this week -- our own Dustin Toms and Steve Noah are also getting extensive hands on and Q&A time and will be back with tons of thoughts on the game tomorrow.

In the meantime, Czar posted up a brief post about his thoughts on the NBA 2K12 build he saw:

Quote:
"After being away from the game for about 6 weeks I can already notice even more polish on the title since the last time I played it. Controls are much more responsive than 2k11. If you spent any time with 2k11 the difference is immediately noticeable. Graphically the game looks dam good.

On the AI front. This is hands down the smartest computer opponent I have faced both defensively and offensively. If inside drive was the AI standard then you can go ahead and reserve that title for 2K12. "

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 iampulse @ 09/14/11 12:30 PM
2K has all of us on the edge of our seats, they know it and they're loving it.

# 2 aloncho11 @ 09/14/11 12:31 PM
We have had plenty of vids... Take a look at the Gamescon vids from Germany. I believe there were 8 of them, and some with 5 min plus of gameplay.

If they haven't shown vids of a newer code, maybe it's because due to the embargo. Either way, the game is only 20 days away...

# 3 Toaster @ 09/14/11 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iman2907
We been getting the same information , controls changed blah blah* more polished*

But wheres the action? we need gameplay videos !
"We"? "Need" ?
Take it easy bucko, let's go with "I" and "want".

Besides, there is a lot to learn from the Twittersphere and Da_Czar's web site.
PLUS as Ronnie2K and Czar already stated, the videos are on their way.

# 4 BDM313 @ 09/14/11 05:10 PM
"waits patiently"....20 days ppl...20 days...

# 5 rockchisler @ 09/14/11 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster
"We"? "Need" ?
Take it easy bucko, let's go with "I" and "want".

Besides, there is a lot to learn from the Twittersphere and Da_Czar's web site.
PLUS as Ronnie2K and Czar already stated, the videos are on their way.
Toaster, You gotta love the new guys with their rants...

# 6 titans321 @ 09/14/11 05:18 PM
Hell yes.

The Legend with a legend game. What more could you ask?

# 7 BlackRome @ 09/14/11 08:53 PM
"Controls are much more responsive than 2k11. If you spent any time with 2k11 the difference is immediately noticeable. "

If that's the case I'm back in. 2k11 far as the response time was a disaster. I would have took 2k9 over last years game.

# 8 ryumeijin @ 09/15/11 12:04 AM
that pic reminds me of this

# 9 Da_Czar @ 09/15/11 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome
"Controls are much more responsive than 2k11. If you spent any time with 2k11 the difference is immediately noticeable. "

If that's the case I'm back in. 2k11 far as the response time was a disaster. I would have took 2k9 over last years game.
Rome I understandmaking a point but this is just too over the top for me. In no way, shape, or form, was 2k11 WORSE than the unmitigated disaster known as NBA 2K9.

# 10 scottyo60 @ 09/15/11 10:58 AM
I think the Czar is the one person on the internet who I'd take his review and go buy an NBA game off of it. I'm interested again, but the rosters are kind of an issue. oh the tugging at my soul for this game haha

# 11 Da_Czar @ 09/15/11 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo60
I think the Czar is the one person on the internet who I'd take his review and go buy an NBA game off of it. I'm interested again, but the rosters are kind of an issue. oh the tugging at my soul for this game haha
Thanks scotty I try to always tell you exactly how I am feeling. Good or bad. And I try to stay consistent so that you know how to gauge what I am saying and how that applies to you espeically based on what you heard me say before and how those games panned out. It's an inexact science at best. LOL

I know for some the rosters are the thing. It may be a good idea for you to sit it out and wait till the official rosters get done if there is a season anyway. Then also you can see what the community things of the game and what issues arise.

Also the fine cap makers may get them close enough to where you feel like dipping your toes. LOL

2k12 is not going to smack you in the mouth and get your attention. What it does is subtle and enticing the more you understand about what the game is doing under the hood and in different situations the more I start to appreciate what is going on.

# 12 J-H!zZl3 @ 09/15/11 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Thanks scotty I try to always tell you exactly how I am feeling. Good or bad. And I try to stay consistent so that you know how to gauge what I am saying and how that applies to you espeically based on what you heard me say before and how those games panned out. It's an inexact science at best. LOL

I know for some the rosters are the thing. It may be a good idea for you to sit it out and wait till the official rosters get done if there is a season anyway. Then also you can see what the community things of the game and what issues arise.

Also the fine cap makers may get them close enough to where you feel like dipping your toes. LOL

2k12 is not going to smack you in the mouth and get your attention. What it does is subtle and enticing the more you understand about what the game is doing under the hood and in different situations the more I start to appreciate what is going on.
Subtle things as far as gameplay is concerned is what I was expecting. If someone is looking for dramatic changes that will make them jump out of their seats, I just don't see it happening. The video that was shown didn't really impress me pertaining to the AI intelligence. I know the game will be very good but I look forwards to playing myself to check out the changes that they made to the gameplay.

# 13 Ken North @ 09/15/11 01:17 PM
Quote:
Well, all info, including models, are actually in the game for the rookies, according to 2K. Which means that skilled roster builders are going to fish them out of the darkness and publish an unofficial roster file with the appropriate rookies very fast.

# 14 DaReapa @ 09/15/11 07:41 PM
Quote:
After being away from the game for about 6 weeks I can already notice even more polish on the title since the last time I played it. Controls are much more responsive than 2k11. If you spent any time with 2k11 the difference is immediately noticeable.
You just may have saved 2K from losing a longtime fan with that assessment. VC has thoroughly disappointed in that area during their last three iterations of the series. And I was not about to tolerate another season of lack of complete user control. Even though this was a very intriguing assessment of the game, I must admit that I'm still not totally convinced. There has been very little mentioned about improvements to the controls from the various previews I've seen, aside from your own (definitely not discrediting your preview, btw). It's just that behind what was (IMO) last year's frustration fest, I'll need some heavy convincing for me to so much as consider a rental of 2K12. And this is coming from someone who's purchased every...EVERY...NBA 2K title since its debut on the PS2 (NBA2K3).

And OT, congrats on your new site.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.