Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

2K Sports sent us this OS exclusive video of the 1st quarter between the Los Angeles Clippers and Boston Celtics. Give it a view and let us know what you think.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 281 godsgift2dagame @ 09/16/11 11:28 AM
Personally, I'm really disappointed. I guess I'm really expecting way too much with video games...*sigh*

While the game *looks* amazing, it still plays like 2K11 and any other NBA video game in history. There is zero or little interest placed on developing a solid to great pick & roll engine. I'm not talking about the basic call for screen and have the big roll, I'm talking about the a. lack of pro looking pick & rolls b. lack of ability to split a double team off a pick & roll (a la Wade) and c. lack of pick & pop option.

# 282 23 @ 09/16/11 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Cmon man - I haven't commented on it because they are right. That's not physically possible to do what he did. When have you ever seen someone get beat off the dribble at the top of the key, recover and then attempt a charge?

It's a minor gripe but let's stop the whole "what happened makes comple sense" argument here.

It's a game - it's not perfect - but don't justify something that just isn't possible. In basketball, you beat your defender and you keep him at the hip. That is why what you saw doesn't happen, faster or not.

To you and Musyck

I am not making that argument, I am merely stating that Ray changed course because of a couple of extra cross overs while Gordon ran straight forward

I dont happen to support miracle recovery defense. That bugged me x 10000 in NBA Live 10 to the point I edited every single players recovery defense because its just not possible nor is it realistic

Im just trying to clear that up, but again all I was doing was making a point about the extra's that Ray added to his drive and angle changes...

Right wrong or indifferent, I'd be upset if this stuff happened all the time because it hinders gameplay immensely, but I've yet to see one person who either previewed or reviewed the game mention this even one time.

# 283 23 @ 09/16/11 12:02 PM
That Griffin layup is in 2k11... real quick with hardly any elevation off the floor.. I dont think it should be there, especially for a big man

# 284 Pared @ 09/16/11 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Right wrong or indifferent, I'd be upset if this stuff happened all the time because it hinders gameplay immensely, but I've yet to see one person who either previewed or reviewed the game mention this even one time.
They aren't going to.

Like I said - it's a minor gripe. It happens in 2k11 quite often. Just not something that can be considered justifiable in the context of the discussion here. That's all.

And it wasn't a "couple of extra crossovers" - he hesitated, there was a break in animation b/c they lack a transitional animation.

# 285 23 @ 09/16/11 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
They aren't going to.

Like I said - it's a minor gripe. It happens in 2k11 quite often. Just not something that can be considered justifiable in the context of the discussion here. That's all.

And it wasn't a "couple of extra crossovers" - he hesitated, there was a break in animation b/c they lack a transitional animation.
Im sure they wont, but I'd like to know if its editable if it does happen often, because there are a whole lot of scenarios where this will be a problem

# 286 cmebfresh @ 09/16/11 12:32 PM
today i really feel like playing 2k12

# 287 Pared @ 09/16/11 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Im sure they wont, but I'd like to know if its editable if it does happen often, because there are a whole lot of scenarios where this will be a problem
I doubt it will. Just like in 2k11 - it's an animation issue that can't be remedied by edits.

# 288 23 @ 09/16/11 01:25 PM
Recovery defense?

Maybe its a bit different on this side.. I've never looked into the ratings like that, but there has to be some kind of recovery rating somewhere... if not then ugh

# 289 Kiss_My_Dimplez @ 09/16/11 02:34 PM
This might just be me but i think the player skin tones are kinda off for some players like Rondo, Garnett, and Mo Williams. It just seems like they need a tad bit more color. Overall the gameplay looked awesome can't wait to actually get a feel of the game.

# 290 Boilerbuzz @ 09/16/11 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9:59
While the footage did look nice and smooth (Pierce's step back jumpers are amazing), it's not as revolutionary as 2K has been making it sound.
I must have missed that marketing piece that said this title was going to be "revolutionary". I think some of you expect FAR too much at a given time and read too much into things.

Quote:
Hopefully this is footage from an older build.
At this point? You must be joking. The game is less than 3 weeks away. If they are not in the process of pressing disks by now, you're not going to get a game Oct 4th. And even if it were an older build, I'd bet those sort of things would not be high on the bug fix list to ship the game. At the end of the day, you either accept the imperfections and enjoy the game for what it is, or you don't. Sure, call them out so that it gets attention. Beyond that, it is what it is.

# 291 Spartan901 @ 09/16/11 03:16 PM
Quote:
While the footage did look nice and smooth (Pierce's step back jumpers are amazing), it's not as revolutionary as 2K has been making it sound.
Um....who ever said it was "revolutionary"?

Every one who has played the game has reported back how it is definitely an improvement over 2k11 and how much control you have and smoother it plays. They've mentioned imrpoved player and face models also along with smarter A.I. All these things can be seen to some degree in the video. But things such as control and smoother play will trul yhave to be experienced first hand to detect. So I see nothing about this video that is contrary to what has been reported on

# 292 NINJAK2 @ 09/16/11 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
When 2k11 came out last year there was one thing that really bothered me about the game and it was the walk up/player with the ball (ex: pg at the top of the key pointing at his defenders to get out of the way etc.) animations being completely removed. When i saw the vid, I did notice rondo walking but it just wasn't what I was looking for.

What I loved about those animations were that they made you feel like you were controlling the pace of the game as certain guys, almost as if they had their own signature walk up animations. It was a real cool touch.

I thought they would fix and put all those animations back into the game and even add more but that walk up animation seemed very generic and robotic. The old ones seemed very life-like and i hate to use the term, but they had "swagger". It only a little detail but I def thought those would be addressed this year.
They were canned animations johnny, That's why they took them out in the 1st place as they were trying to get rid of all the canned ones. I did like them though.

# 293 tweezy08 @ 09/16/11 04:44 PM
is it me does rondo look like he is on crack and has some gray hair?

# 294 NINJAK2 @ 09/16/11 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsgift2dagame
Personally, I'm really disappointed. I guess I'm really expecting way too much with video games...*sigh*

While the game *looks* amazing, it still plays like 2K11 and any other NBA video game in history. There is zero or little interest placed on developing a solid to great pick & roll engine. I'm not talking about the basic call for screen and have the big roll, I'm talking about the a. lack of pro looking pick & rolls b. lack of ability to split a double team off a pick & roll (a la Wade) and c. lack of pick & pop option.
Couldn't you do all those in 2k11? I would not judge 2k12 too harshly on what can and can't be done in it by watching Ronnie play.

# 295 dwade21 @ 09/16/11 05:16 PM
STOP omg chill out guys it probably on pro and casual or default, thats why it plays like that, trust me when you get the game their will be a difference

# 296 SwagDoc101 @ 09/16/11 05:36 PM
Ball So Hared ...THAT **** CRAY...

# 297 SwagDoc101 @ 09/16/11 05:40 PM
the game really does look great i just have 1 thing that i dont like and i never did and its amazing that the animation is still in the game...2k really needs to get rid of that overhead soccor style inbound pass thats often used for an outlet pass... that ish really grinds my gears

# 298 Low End Theory @ 09/16/11 06:14 PM
Noticed it was a 6 min quarter. This is probably too soon to speculate, but could this mean 6 mins is the new default for the game? (including online ranked. Though I really hope there are lobbies for ranked games of different lengths/difficulties)

# 299 NotoriousD @ 09/17/11 12:20 PM
8:02 was the best part. Could you do that in previous? Holy piss.

# 300 VDusen04 @ 09/17/11 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousD
8:02 was the best part. Could you do that in previous? Holy piss.
Yes, rolling the ball inbounds was implemented I believe in 2K10. However, it's been receiving some sharpening through patches and updates. In 2K12 it appears, contrary to earlier editions, the defense will allow the ball to roll to half court. In 2K11, a defender would attempt to dive on the rolling ball (like clockwork) if it reached a certain distance before the half court line.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.