Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

2K Sports sent us this OS exclusive video of the 1st quarter between the Los Angeles Clippers and Boston Celtics. Give it a view and let us know what you think.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 savoie2006 @ 09/15/11 01:49 PM
Hey EA...THIS IS PRESENTATION! Lets see you match it for NHL 13! This will be a day one purchase for me.

# 162 SouthBeach @ 09/15/11 01:52 PM

Highlight of the video for me.

The contact in mid-air, amazing. Adjusting to finish the shot, amazing-er.

# 163 mvb34 @ 09/15/11 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
any body else notice that Ronnie imported a play "ISO OKC" in his playbook?

Thats not new.. I was able to do that in 2K11

# 164 Xx Qontrolz xX @ 09/15/11 01:58 PM
is it just me or mo williams is not that black irl ?

# 165 Xx Qontrolz xX @ 09/15/11 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach

what's less amazing about it is that rayray missed the FT

# 166 Da_Czar @ 09/15/11 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
yeah, i am also not seeing that "live ball" thing that was mentioned. in the vid i see a lot of situations where it looked like the ball should've bounced off someone's head or leg, but it didn't. it may be just the small video size, so i just can't see closely enough to tell if the ball passed through any body parts.
It's a tempered implementation. if it was totally live all the time you couldn't get anything close to an enjoyable game in. They have a descent balance setup now. It would be a MESS.

# 167 Pared @ 09/15/11 02:02 PM
Right - you can't expect the ball to popping out like a real life ball.

There must be a happy medium.

Just like the call for a kick-ball - it is there and it should be. Doesn't mean it needs to happen every single play.

# 168 adwin7 @ 09/15/11 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurupt_XxX
i am dead serious
Major flaw?! That's a strong statement for a errant fist bump.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

# 169 Goffs @ 09/15/11 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach

yeah unfortunately the crowd didn't react to the play at all...the place should've blown up with this play

everyone got there shoes and accessories beef for me its the sound part of the games that draws me in...

# 170 JSensui @ 09/15/11 02:09 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the freedom in the post. Garnett, and Griffin looked like they were in TOTAL CONTROL when they had their backs to the basket.

# 171 mrclutch @ 09/15/11 02:12 PM
Looks awesome! I was going to keep playing 2k11 for a few more days but this vid has made me feel ok about trading it in.
Thanks for posting.

# 172 cmebfresh @ 09/15/11 02:14 PM
they players faces look worst

# 173 SouthBeach @ 09/15/11 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
yeah unfortunately the crowd didn't react to the play at all...the place should've blown up with this play

everyone got there shoes and accessories beef for me its the sound part of the games that draws me in...
Haha, I hear you bro.

I keep thinking maybe 2K has a specific crowd reaction to a bigger play; I guess since it was early in the first quarter, maybe they don't want the crowd going crazy for everything.

But in a 4th quarter, C's down 1 with 2:30 left, Ray Ray makes that layup, crowd goes crazy on a Lvl 4 out of 5. C's hit a game winner, crowd rises to Lvl 5...know what I mean?

Maybe that's just my wishful thinking, lol

# 174 Self313 @ 09/15/11 02:15 PM
Goff can feel your pain

thats why I make sure to turn music on from my ipod

Ive lost hope in the crowd lol... it just doesnt make or break my experience

# 175 cmebfresh @ 09/15/11 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx Qontrolz xX
is it just me or mo williams is not that black irl ?
its not you some players don't look themselves

# 176 blues rocker @ 09/15/11 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
It's a tempered implementation. if it was totally live all the time you couldn't get anything close to an enjoyable game in. They have a descent balance setup now. It would be a MESS.

yeah, i know what you mean...when they mentioned the "live ball" thing, i wasn't sure how "real" they were going to go with it. if they went all the way, you wouldn't even be able to dribble 2 feet without hitting the ball off someone's hand or ankle...

i guess "true life" physics like that won't be possible for a while...until they can actually make players adjust their dribble in very subtle ways to avoid hitting ankles, etc...that type of dribble awareness just isn't possible yet.

# 177 Nodima @ 09/15/11 02:18 PM
On a second viewing, what I really like is that rebound where Griffin definitely beats out Rondo and Allen for the rebound. In 2K11, that was EASILY a rebound for Rondo just because he was there. In my 2K11 Association J.R. Smith has been averaging 6-8 rebounds per game for two seasons now just because he scrambles for the ball harder than guys five inches bigger than him.

# 178 SouthBeach @ 09/15/11 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmebfresh
they players faces look worst
Really?

Not being sarcastic, but Ray Allen was 57 in 2K11 and now he's in his mid-30s for 2K12, the way it should be, and you think it looks "worst"?

# 179 TUSS11 @ 09/15/11 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurupt_XxX
Big flaw i found so far

At 53 seconds, Rondo doesn't make contact with the player he is greeeting

No flaw. He's just pulling a Kevin Love.

# 180 boboddy101 @ 09/15/11 02:35 PM
jumpers look way way way better than last year and the overall gameflow seems nice! i guess i dont have to keep changing sliders constantly to obtain my ideal sense of realism in nba 2k12 like i did in 2k11

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.