Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

According to Kotaku's Owen Good, NBA 2K12 Legends will not be available online.

Quote:
None of the 34 teams unlockable in "NBA's Greatest" will be available for online multiplayer modes. There had been some confusion, even hope that they would, as earlier reports suggested that once a team is unlocked from "NBA's Greatest" it is available across all modes of play. 2K Sports just confirmed for me all the modes in which these teams can be used, and online multiplayer isn't one of them.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ffaacc03 @ 09/17/11 07:16 PM
Well, if true (thus not sure why would surprise me since its an online related issue), this could be my 1st gripe with 2k12 ... not deal braker, but very disapointed.

# 22 ClevelandinDistress @ 09/17/11 08:12 PM
Could any of the devs please explain why they aren't available online unranked!!?? My god such a waste of effort put on the classics if we can't use them online.

# 23 jfsolo @ 09/17/11 08:18 PM
Glad that its known now, so that people won't buy the game, find out later, then act like they've been deceived or betrayed by 2K. I wonder how many "This is unacceptable" threads are going to pop up over the next few weeks.

# 24 rockchisler @ 09/17/11 08:27 PM
An Explanation would be great..

# 25 Paul Pierce_OS @ 09/17/11 08:38 PM
[quote=Nakeja71;2042869863]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cladyclad
I had it with 2k no legends online is just mind-boggling. Every year wit these 2k pricks. Improving gameplay graphics and other stupid stuff. Wat about the people who want different color headbands atleast ten different uniforms, and most of all different type of elbow pads. Im sick of it 2k. 2014 cant come any sooner. Cant wait for Elite.[/quote

I have to stop drinking
Gameplay and Graphics are not important... If it was not for Game play and Graphic Improvements the game would look like this(No Offense ):

# 26 Control-X @ 09/17/11 08:38 PM
Reading this article feels like being hit by a prime Mike Tyson uppercut. ****ing knocked me out cold. I pre-ordered the game already because of these awesome legends in it but what's the reason why 2K won't make them available for us to play online? Not even unranked? I need to know why.

Not a deal-breaker but this is just unacceptable and very disappointing.

# 27 Meldlm @ 09/17/11 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
then act like they've been deceived or betrayed by 2K.
Ya I mean it's not like 2k has been telling us that once unlocked, the teams would be available in all modes of play for a few months now right?

Oh wait...that's right, they HAVE been saying that!

# 28 HighRiser32 @ 09/17/11 08:43 PM
They should at least have a Greatest online team-up mode cause with all the teams its gonna be impossible to play with all the legend teams in a straight team-up mode. I understand that it's supposed to be a big deal to unlock the teams so that makes things a little more complicated.

# 29 videobastard @ 09/17/11 10:03 PM
Its like the logic things that come to mind do not get implemented in these games. The whole legends thing vs cpu will get boring very quick. Having a unranked legends mode online to select from the classic teams would of given the game some more replay value.

# 30 The 24th Letter @ 09/17/11 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
An Explanation would be great..
Wont make a difference.

If was explained why the new Cavs court wasnt in the game last year (until the patch) and people acted like the devs were liars. There isnt really a answer they can give to stop people from being ridiculous.

(though I do feel you guys dissapointment, I would like the classic teams online)

# 31 bigball12 @ 09/17/11 10:30 PM
This did it for me! No chance of a release day purchase now! 100% inexcusable!

# 32 dukedude24 @ 09/17/11 10:35 PM
this is absolutely stupid.....

they could have just made different lobbies for current teams and classic teams......just like cod or halo have online lobbies for different modes....are they that dumb to think of that??

what's the point of advertising this legend stuffs and all we can do is play against computers??

Everyone go complain to 2k on their twitter or ronnie's twitter, maybe they can do something about it!!

# 33 Glenn33 @ 09/17/11 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedude24

what's the point of advertising this legend stuffs and all we can do is play against computers??

Everyone go complain to 2k on their twitter or ronnie's twitter, maybe they can do something about it!!
What he said....

# 34 The 24th Letter @ 09/17/11 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Marlowe
I don't think this is true. Look at the Logao's thread and a few others. When you come out and just lay down the truth people may not like it but they'll accept it, by and large. It'll also save you from having to deal with people buying into BS and taking out their frustration on you.
see my example, lol

# 35 CelticPride101 @ 09/17/11 10:41 PM
god damn shameful, now I can't kill the Heat with the '86 C's... at least a separate lobbie 2k

# 36 MotorTown354 @ 09/17/11 10:59 PM
Really?
With all the talk, the promo, the covers, the MJ commercial, the end the debate thing and so on, I thought classic teams online were almost certain, at the very least in different lobbies or unranked matches. It's like they add this really amazing feature then don't let us take full use out of it.
Well there goes my chance of using the Bad Boys online.

# 37 droopizzle34 @ 09/17/11 11:17 PM
i just hope online play is improved....it was horrible last year.

# 38 swimfunk @ 09/17/11 11:22 PM
Man a legends only league would have been fun. Imagine trading 92 MJ for Bill Russell lol

# 39 biggiejerseys @ 09/17/11 11:30 PM
Not a big deal to me, since I don't play that much online.

# 40 fatleg3 @ 09/17/11 11:40 PM
[quote=Paul Pierce;2042869876]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakeja71
Gameplay and Graphics are not important... If it was not for Game play and Graphic Improvements the game would look like this(No Offense ):

Is it me or did this video have some good commentary especially for a game made in 2001

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.