Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

According to Kotaku's Owen Good, NBA 2K12 Legends will not be available online.

Quote:
None of the 34 teams unlockable in "NBA's Greatest" will be available for online multiplayer modes. There had been some confusion, even hope that they would, as earlier reports suggested that once a team is unlocked from "NBA's Greatest" it is available across all modes of play. 2K Sports just confirmed for me all the modes in which these teams can be used, and online multiplayer isn't one of them.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Gramps91 @ 09/18/11 12:10 AM
I must say I'm ashamed. Not ashamed of 2k though, ashamed of some of the fans on here. I have been hitting up operation sports nearly every hour for the past 2 or 3 weeks to read the insights and updates for 2k12 and I have been getting so pumped. Now one bad bit of news comes out and everybody whines like some kind of three year olds. People do you not see how much work 2k has put into this game. my player is going to be amazing. I didn't expect gameplay but be much improved because quite frankly I didn't think it could get much better than 2k11, but they improved it dramatically. Presentation is the best in ANY GAME EVER! The fact that the era of game you play is presented with scoreboards from that era and grainy effects as well as black and white for the really old games is something unheard of. Will Madden ever do anything like this NEVER. What about FIFA, NHL, etc. I'm sure those games are great but the last 2 years 2k has done the unheard of in gaming. start appreciating this is not the end of the world. 2k12 is going to be an amazing game, just like 2k11 only better. I don't really understand why this isn't an option but 2k12 is going to be so amazing that online legends is only a small fraction of the game.

and to 2k thank you for an amazing nba games. been with you guys since 2k7 and If you keep making games the way you do i'm staying. (was with live from 00-06)

# 42 dukedude24 @ 09/18/11 12:43 AM
alright, just tweeted my complain to Ronnie, hopefully he let 2k knows.

hopefully should go file a complain on twitter or however u contact 2k.

# 43 xMoJox @ 09/18/11 12:58 AM
I am also not that surprised 2K didn't allow us to use legends online because it is just like them to do something like that! Advertising for a game mainly for its legends teams and you don't include them online...Makes perfect sense right!?

# 44 sportjames23 @ 09/18/11 12:59 AM
I see what you did.

# 45 MrBallaBoy21 @ 09/18/11 01:06 AM
I don't know about you guys. But I would have loved to play a Kobe vs. Jordan matchup in a ranked game

# 46 JWiLL02 @ 09/18/11 01:07 AM
I'm fairly certain if these boards make enough noise we can get them available for unranked games. It really doesn't make any sense not to have them for unranked, obviously you wouldn't want people whoring MJ in ranked games though.

Do your thing, internet.

# 47 titans321 @ 09/18/11 01:09 AM
Pleasantly surprised nobody has liked the OP.

# 48 Gramps91 @ 09/18/11 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flips House
It's going to be a fantastic game. But this is a huge letdown. I still play 2K11 regularly...probably sadly close to 20 games a week. I play almost exclusively online...because there is no way I could possibly play that much against the CPU...it gets boring. So all those amazing additions to this year's game that you mentioned, and that 2K has intentionally gotten me hyped up for....won't be available in the VAST majority of the games I play. I'm assuming there's quite a few people like me.
are you only playing with the legend teams? Legend teams are great and everything but the vast majority of my time is spent in mainly association and my player. If you get bored facing cpu then go do something else. It'll always be there it's your game. If you get bored turn it off go outside a while or play another game for a while.

# 49 EllCee @ 09/18/11 01:42 AM
That sucks :/ Not a deal breaker for me but I'll be a little bugged about not being able to play online with these historical teams. I for one don't play online much and when I play online its with friends. but this is a bit of a bummer still. oh well

# 50 EarvGotti @ 09/18/11 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe24-

Hahaha great gif man. This is how most people feel right now. 2K buttered them up with all these great teams and features(like a hug), then when they least expected it dropped a bomb on them. By the way, that was a really funny fight. Perfect timing with the gif homie.

# 51 sportjames23 @ 09/18/11 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe24-

The gifs on this board have been priceless in the last couple of days.

# 52 domidomdomz @ 09/18/11 01:55 AM
I'm fine with the roster issue as long as it's updated to the last transaction made before the July 1 lockout. I believe that was Casspi for Hickson. And based on the Momentous Trailer, I saw Casspi with the Kings.

# 53 EarvGotti @ 09/18/11 02:04 AM
I think we should keep this thread alive for a while so we can hear something from the 2K devs about this.

Don't get me wrong, I love what 2K has done so far and I thank them for all of their hard work. I am just curious to hear why classic teams aren't implemented to unranked games online and if they actually can be.

I'm not an enraged fan 2K lol, just really curious. Help me out here.

# 54 RB10 @ 09/18/11 02:30 AM
I wonder if I'm the only one who doesn't play Live. So this is excitingly not a disappointment to me!

# 55 The Bad Man @ 09/18/11 02:31 AM
yeah 2ksports devs. we just wanna know why. we know you read this particular thread.

# 56 13thjoker @ 09/18/11 02:53 AM
If we don't hear anything we'll do something drastic like... Unleashing the winged monkeys!!!

# 57 greekmen @ 09/18/11 03:12 AM
So do we know in which modes we can use them?

# 58 LingeringRegime @ 09/18/11 03:15 AM
I am happy to have classic teams. Don't really care much about playing this game online.

# 59 xMoJox @ 09/18/11 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMELLO MOON
I ONLY PLAY PRIVATE TEAM-UP MATCHES... 2K SPORTS, question... WHAT SENSE DOES IT MAKE TO KEEP THE CLASSIC TEAMS AWAY FROM US IN PRIVATE TEAM-UP MATCHES????!!??? 2K needs to step their online game up for real... GIVE THE PLAYERS WHAT THEY WANT. we have been waiting forever to lace up with classic teams... why do this 2k? WHY???!!??? put the damn teams in the online mode 2K SPORTS.. ESPECIALLY PRIVATE TEAM-UP !
Haha what's up Romello it's me xMoJox24 from xbox live. I will definitely be back online for 2K12 so we can ball in team up again! And ya 2K really dropped the ball by not letting us use legends online. It's like wtf is the point of just using them offline?

# 60 BigDaneAyMane @ 09/18/11 07:10 AM
Most disappointing news yet.

Just thought it was a given these teams would be available online since we're essentially playing with last years rosters until the lockout is over. It was a great move by 2K to focus more on the Legends with no labor agreement in sight, but just finding it hard understanding the point if we can't bring those teams online.

I thought it was automatic they'd be in for custom matches, but they should be in ranked play too. You can always back out if you're sick of playing Jordan.

Not a dealbreaker of course, but DAMN I was lookin forward to doin work online with the 94 Rockets and 93 Hornets.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.