Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

With the NBA 2K12 demo arriving tomorrow, 2K Sports sent us these OS exclusive screenshots, showing the controls. This will definitely be helpful when playing the demo tomorrow.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 mikenoob @ 09/22/11 07:39 PM
How do I flop consistently lol? I think it's circle and right stick away from the ball, but it only works once in a while. I was trying to flop the entire time and I got dirk to fall over with no one near him. I laughed so hard.

# 62 domidomdomz @ 09/22/11 07:47 PM
How can I recreate this play?

Tried to execute a Drop Step from a live dribble (LT + RS to baseline) but it keeps chaining a start of step through animation then ends with a face up when you don't totally pull the RS.

# 63 richmo @ 09/23/11 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domidomdomz
How can I recreate this play?

Tried to execute a Drop Step from a live dribble (LT + RS to baseline) but it keeps chaining a start of step through animation then ends with a face up when you don't totally pull the RS.
It's easy. I don't have video capturing access but just pulled it off. It's not as fluid as in the video, but here you go.

(Try this from the same angle as the video)

1. Backdown 'til you get to about the block area
2. Pump fake left
3. Wait til the animation is done, fake a couple more times
4. Reengage the post (Y/Triangle)
5. Shimmy shake right to left fadeaway
6. PROFIT!

# 64 domidomdomz @ 09/23/11 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richmo
It's easy. I don't have video capturing access but just pulled it off. It's not as fluid as in the video, but here you go.

(Try this from the same angle as the video)

1. Backdown 'til you get to about the block area
2. Pump fake left
3. Wait til the animation is done, fake a couple more times
4. Reengage the post (Y/Triangle)
5. Shimmy shake right to left fadeaway
6. PROFIT!
Yeah I guess the 1st pump fake doesnt need to be a dropstep like what Ive been initially doing.. Thanks brah

# 65 richmo @ 09/23/11 03:55 PM
Anytime. And a couple more pointers:

- Do it with Caron as he's best able to emulate Kobe in terms of style
- The first pump fake will be different every time so the end of the animation will sometimes have him try to step through to the other side. Just make sure you wait until it's COMPLETELY done or he'll ust do the up-and-under.

LeBron actually bites on some of the other fakes too so sometimes you won't even need the whole thing!

# 66 domidomdomz @ 09/23/11 04:07 PM
Yup, been doing it with Caron. And yeah, seems like the pump fake's continuation depends on the defender whether he bites or not. I even drew a foul sometime but that's the case when I don't fully finish the pump fake animation.

I've also been trying to recreate this play..

Haven't fully recreated the play but I guess the distance from the basket and defender's position really matter to pull the step through jump shot did by Kobe.

I'm loving the fact that we can also do pivot moves out of escape dribbles (side hop step and hop step back).

# 67 richmo @ 09/23/11 04:11 PM
Hell yeah. The best feeling is linking two escape dribbles together, gettnig the D to bite, then blowing past him. On some AND-1 type ish.

# 68 Pared @ 09/23/11 04:52 PM
Quote:
Yup, been doing it with Caron. And yeah, seems like the pump fake's continuation depends on the defender whether he bites or not. I even drew a foul sometime but that's the case when I don't fully finish the pump fake animation.

I've also been trying to recreate this play..

Haven't fully recreated the play but I guess the distance from the basket and defender's position really matter to pull the step through jump shot did by Kobe.

I'm loving the fact that we can also do pivot moves out of escape dribbles (side hop step and hop step back).
You could actually recreate this in 2k11. I'm sure you can do it here.

# 69 Knickerbocker @ 09/23/11 04:58 PM
Was it possible in 2k11 to walk around while being in the taking a charge position. Looks really funny, strolling around protecting their manhood.

# 70 Goffs @ 09/23/11 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker
Was it possible in 2k11 to walk around while being in the taking a charge position. Looks really funny, strolling around protecting their manhood.
LOL nope its new this year

# 71 domidomdomz @ 09/23/11 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
You could actually recreate this in 2k11. I'm sure you can do it here.
Yep and No. The pivot shot move yes, but no on having a chance to execute an up and under after a sig gather in 2K11. Right?

# 72 Knickerbocker @ 09/23/11 07:54 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted.

I just found out the flop command from from take charge position. Can't stop laughing.

So it's circle(PS3) to get into position and then move the shotstic in the oposite direction of where the player is facing and he will fall on the ground as realisticaly as the great Manu himself.

Hrmm it seems to work only for off ball defenders though, so I dont know its use. Most probably on offense when you set a screen, someone bumps you and you flop.

# 73 The Bad Man @ 09/24/11 02:59 AM
anybody knew how to bounce pass with these new controls? heat is always doing it in the demo. why cant we do a bounce pass?

# 74 EarvGotti @ 09/24/11 03:42 AM
Quote:
Yep and No. The pivot shot move yes, but no on having a chance to execute an up and under after a sig gather in 2K11. Right?

Yeah you actually can. Either do a step back like Kobe did in the vid, or do a sig gather and then pull off a flick flick. Hold LT while pump faking with a quick flick of the stick, then let go of LT and push the stick in a diff direction.

It looks nicer in 2K12 though.

# 75 Pared @ 09/24/11 10:39 AM
Yup - As Earv mentioned you can do it after a SG.

# 76 domidomdomz @ 09/25/11 12:22 AM
@Pared, @Earv

Oh I see. My bad my bad. Never thought it was possible in 2K11, that's why I didn't bother to try.

But yeah, it looks definitely much nicer in 2K12.

# 77 The 24th Letter @ 09/25/11 02:34 AM
anyone have any advice on doing a non post up and under? only thing I cant pull off...

# 78 TheKasmar @ 09/25/11 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
anyone have any advice on doing a non post up and under? only thing I cant pull off...
If you're having a hard time doing it with the RS, try tapping the shot button(X) as your first fake for the up, then quickly pushing the RS in any direction to continue the under.

# 79 richmo @ 09/25/11 11:39 AM
I've been able to do it while moving sideways then flick-flicking. Say running across the lane to do a running hook, then cancelling it out for the up-and-under.

# 80 Knickerbocker @ 09/25/11 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richmo
I've been able to do it while moving sideways then flick-flicking. Say running across the lane to do a running hook, then cancelling it out for the up-and-under.
Yeh it work out of hooks, spins, escape dribbles etc. but I saw the CPU do it from standing still like in 2k11. I'd really love to know how to do that since I was a big fan of flick flicks.

Oh and another move I cannot do is the spin layup or spin shot after driving from the post up. Any ideas?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.