Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

The NBA 2K12 demo is available now for the 360. Later today for the PS3.

Scroll to the "N" section to find it. It's 1.1 GB.
  • Miami Heat vs. Dallas Mavericks (Can only play as the Mavs)
  • Difficulty set to default/casual
  • No commentary
  • 1 - 4 Minute Quarter
  • Can't run plays
  • No sliders, options, camera views, etc.
  • Free throw bug, after 3 second violation, is demo bug only.
Just play the demo and post your impressions here.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 cycoviZion @ 09/20/11 05:52 AM
I really like the demo, but can't judge until I can see how it looks on 2K camera view. I've never played on this camera view ever, it's garbage to me

The game really does run smoother, animations look better

# 22 fatboy @ 09/20/11 05:52 AM
What about the post game?

# 23 MrBallaBoy21 @ 09/20/11 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojam
I hate the demo, need to go back to work, I hate it, have to stop playing, have to go back to work... hate it...
Don't use your sick days yet. U have to save them for when the actual game drops.

# 24 Iballout @ 09/20/11 05:52 AM
I'm gonna cry.

# 25 ClevelandinDistress @ 09/20/11 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2bll
Im biting on all of the pump fakes, Why you ask? Cuz this is the first time the cpu has done them
Yes it's nuts. Feel like my buddy is next to me playing. Already on my 5th rematch.

# 26 mymannemcee @ 09/20/11 05:54 AM
Playing right now. Let's see how this goes.

# 27 SouthBeach @ 09/20/11 05:54 AM
Looks like you can jump over photographers along the baseline now.

Ran into the scorer's table, but no jump. Just pushed off the table.

Ran into it again much faster and jumped up on top of it.

# 28 ClevelandinDistress @ 09/20/11 05:54 AM
You know before I used to just joke that the 2k dev team went to re NBA players with the space jam skill absorbing ball, but now I'm certain they actually have. Dirks soul is in this game. Seriously

# 29 TerryP @ 09/20/11 05:56 AM
Just hit about a 35' buzzer beater with Kidd, didn't count, then it was reviewed and counted for the win.

# 30 ClevelandinDistress @ 09/20/11 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP
Just hit about a 35' buzzer beater with Kidd, didn't count, then it was reviewed and counted for the win.
Holy! That's awesome

# 31 23 @ 09/20/11 05:58 AM
OK ill post after one quarter

Its an old build keep in mind please

Feels like a polished 2k 11. controls a bit tighter

1 quarter only, You're Dallas... cant change anything, cant run plays.. when it ends you have to start all the way over

Game boots to an insanely nice intro.. Kidd walking in the tunnel to a grainy screen then a bunch of dynamic wipes from a game.. just as described in previews

Then the up next and lineups.. then into the arena

Some guys have on old generics so this is def an old build

Anyway i had on break with the Mavs kidd in the middle with Caron on the left and Rudy on the right...

Filled the lanes nicely, and I got Caron a two handed dunk hanging on the rim that Lebron tried to stop from behing unsuccessfully : )

Lebron returned the favor though dunking on Caron later on with 2 hands going in a wide open lane.. so if you leave the lane open the CPU will attack it

LeBrons jumper looked smooth too, and its great shooting with Dirk...feels great guys... shooting feels pretty good

I had once chance to do post moves with Dirk... gonna take time to get used to in the paint, but its nice and loose, and allows you to make moves, even get guys in the air if you do it right, which is did, and got a scoop back handed layup made with dirk ; )

Going to play one more but that was it though

Walk up the court animation is in, and its nice doing the push the ball up fastbreak when you need it... listen

They will transition up the court on you if you dont get back, so play defense

# 32 dojam @ 09/20/11 05:58 AM
I love that little Ad that shows up in the bottom left corner with Dirk and Lebron Playing 1 on 1...

# 33 lv2bll @ 09/20/11 05:58 AM
BTW this is just a guess but this is most likely the build from gamescon. Thats what it was last year in the demo

# 34 Iballout @ 09/20/11 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP
That's awesome man! I didn't know they had that

# 35 Hassan Darkside @ 09/20/11 06:00 AM
-Presentation is sweet. Good to see there's variation on the intro videos despite it being the same teams/players.
-Can't play as Miami
-CPU does a good job of driving and dishing to the open man when the help defense rotates
-Nice control over the dribble moves, can finally chain them together as you please. It'll take some practice though.

# 36 fatleg3 @ 09/20/11 06:00 AM
What quarter and nobody had talked about the crowd. How is it and I dont mean just dont front row. The crowd as a whole. Do they cheer at the right times, get loud, etc?

# 37 cycoviZion @ 09/20/11 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iman2907
wtff its not broadcast?? 2k camera view? your joking right....
are you talking about the screen where you look from behind the person & you see the whole court??
Huh? Read my post again

The view the demo has is the broadcast camera, from the side. I was saying how I hate this view and never play it so I can't judge how the game looks completely. 2K Camera view > all

# 38 bigball12 @ 09/20/11 06:03 AM
Another bare bones demo. The presentation is nice, very nice movement on the players. The game has a real weight to it/ But for all of the reviews that say "it is impossible for me to go back to 2K11", I think that is a bit over the top. the game speed has increased a bit, and the movement has enhanced miles, but it certainly is not incredibly better than 2K11.

# 39 Iballout @ 09/20/11 06:05 AM
Is there any type of audio? Not commentators but I mean crowd sounds, ball hitting the floor, squeaky shoes, music, rim sound, player sound, etc. Etc.

# 40 TerryP @ 09/20/11 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iman2907
How was it reviewed??? Did you see the refs put any hand gestures saying its good to go or anything??
It was just a quick cut scene to a single ref showing the count it hand gesture.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.