Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

The NBA 2K12 demo is available now for the 360. Later today for the PS3.

Scroll to the "N" section to find it. It's 1.1 GB.
  • Miami Heat vs. Dallas Mavericks (Can only play as the Mavs)
  • Difficulty set to default/casual
  • No commentary
  • 1 - 4 Minute Quarter
  • Can't run plays
  • No sliders, options, camera views, etc.
  • Free throw bug, after 3 second violation, is demo bug only.
Just play the demo and post your impressions here.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 mymannemcee @ 09/20/11 06:39 AM
Fourth game!

Immediately went to my star player. Moved around a little with Dirk to throw Bosh off, he quickly jumped back to guard me. Went into post moves. Shimmied to the left, shot right, Dirk caught the foul and FINISHED! Shot his free throw slightly early, I also like the percentage instead of just a regular feedback. It was 87%.

Finally tested eurosteps in this game. Alright, so Bosh sized me up AGAIN and instead of running in immediately, he did a little spin around over me and tried scooping it up well around close range (damn near midrange) and missed.

Tossed to Butler who DASHED down the court. One on two. Zipped past Chalmers, but LeBron was there standing with his hands up, looked like a charge attempt. But he was still peddling backwards. Held the stick up and Butler stepped directly into LeBron for the contact. Heard a "HEY!!!" and Butler swerved around and finished the layup.

Guarding this CPU is just as interesting as 2K11 was, but in 2K12, it just looks so much better. With the CPU in 2K11, he could just do a bunch of crap and get away with it and it goes in. 2K12 CPU's look more smarter to catch you. In the middle of me (Dirk) and Jason Kidd, Wade runs into the post, throws his head up to insinuate a pumpfake (which I jump for like a blithering idiot) and he tosses it in.

ALMOST lost to the CPU this time. Pissed me off right at the end cuz I actually had a postup with Dirk on Bosh (which Bosh was fighting me HEAVILY on) and Fernandez DIPPED to the hoop with nobody on him. Smashed my pass button millions of times, passed at the last second. What made me happy was Fernandez actually just threw it in quickly to avoid defenders. Almost like a tip-in. But he missed.

Chalmers PUSHED the ball down the court and threw in a 3.

I'm down 2.

Throw it to Kidd.

Timed my shot and it actually did another type of 3 where the shooter does a nice step-in before they toss the 3. Wet it with Kidd, but the crowd was kind of dead after. Ha!

# 82 guesswhozbak17 @ 09/20/11 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madden316
So I ran into a glitch. Def 3secs was called on the Heat, Dirk went to the line to shoot the FT, but the game wouldn't let me shot the ball. So I was stuck there till I backed out and started up a new game.

Did anybody run into this?
JUST happened to me. There was 4 secs left and it was tied up lol

# 83 Steve_OS @ 09/20/11 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
Another bare bones demo. The presentation is nice, very nice movement on the players. The game has a real weight to it/ But for all of the reviews that say "it is impossible for me to go back to 2K11", I think that is a bit over the top. the game speed has increased a bit, and the movement has enhanced miles, but it certainly is not incredibly better than 2K11.
Try the post game and get back to me.

# 84 Steve_OS @ 09/20/11 06:49 AM
Digital Dirk FTW! So fun playing w/ him. I mean WOW.

# 85 Capitol P23 @ 09/20/11 06:49 AM
I am back and my impression is:First day buy. I am sold because at the end of the quarter the score was 11-7 Mavs. Dwayne Wade hits a jumper but I felt the clock ran out. The demo at first seemed like it froze when in reality the refs reviewed the shot and waved it off as no good. Thank You 2K. Magic Cover Here I Come.

# 86 bls @ 09/20/11 06:51 AM
Yo, so I score a mid range jumper with Dirk with about 15 seconds on the clock. Now keep i've played about 15 or so games so far and in each one when Miami had the ball with 24 seconds or less on the clock they would work the clock all the way down to the last second for the last shot of the quarter.

Well this time after I hit the jumper with 15 seconds left, Lebron comes down and pulls up for a deep 3 with 6 seconds still left on the clock and hits it. Looked just like real life. I was done after that one.

# 87 MrBallaBoy21 @ 09/20/11 06:53 AM
First game and I get glitched at the free throw line lol.

The shot clock is frozen at 12 and Dirk won't move a muscle.

# 88 Da_Czar @ 09/20/11 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
Another bare bones demo. The presentation is nice, very nice movement on the players. The game has a real weight to it/ But for all of the reviews that say "it is impossible for me to go back to 2K11", I think that is a bit over the top. the game speed has increased a bit, and the movement has enhanced miles, but it certainly is not incredibly better than 2K11.
For me bigball I played the final and had plays and commentary and all that adds a lot plus my comments stemmed from gameplay. Gameplay alone this game makes 2k11 garbage to me. I understand you feel and other may feel differently.

# 89 dlew15 @ 09/20/11 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Have you tried covering Lebron? I swear Butler has two lead feet as he has no lateral speed movement.

I swear, even when I hold both the back triggers they still get blown by. CPU does a decent job of staying with them though I just gotta get used to it.

# 90 mymannemcee @ 09/20/11 06:55 AM
Alright, Game #5.

Decided for this to be my "let's abuse the post" game.

Threw to Chandler who was almost wide open every possession. Posted up Joel Anthony first time. Spun around him and drove, got a nice dunk. Alright, it was expected...Joel's pretty flat footed.

Second time...did it again, looked to the right, spun, drove, this time I got some pretty good contact and Chandler changed his shot to like, a chucking layup for a foul. Didn't look forced. Didn't look like an animation. I tried shooting right after the spin and that's what it gave me with Joel's contact.

Was kinda weirded out that I could make a 36% free throw (Slightly Early) with Tyson Chandler...

And I finally found something I didn't really like! Alright, so I had Dirk on Mike Miller the first time. Jab step. Jab step. Little bit of moving the ball around with Dirk, Miller's flying everywhere. Posting up now. TRYING to do the one legged shot. Spun around, backed up and faded away. That was the fine part. Second time, did the same exact thing, but instead of fading away, I did the "tap tap" on my shot stick, which I thought was gonna give me a little shimmy animation. It actually made Dirk ZOOM past Miller and dive right into the paint, which gave me something that felt like 2 different points of contact and it altered my shot heavy. Not in a clunky type of animation, but Dirk really did a whole bunch of extra crap.

Won Game 5 by 3. Wade actually ignored all his players on their last attempt (lol) and Chandler blocked it easily. Fernandez was RIGHT under me to scoop up the ball. 3 on 1. Butler running. Toss it up with Fernandez...like riiiiiiiight under the hoop, almost. Butler got in his stance and LEAPED...but fumbled the ball. Hmm! Mad I didn't get the alley, but also happy! Looks like you really have to time those alleys right, it's not just gonna come to you like in 2K11.

# 91 madlaker @ 09/20/11 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBallaBoy21
First game and I get glitched at the free throw line lol.

The shot clock is frozen at 12 and Dirk won't move a muscle.
Maybe he has a reaaaalllly slow FT in 2k12?

yeah, it's a glitch.. hopefully only in the demo....

# 92 iLLosophy @ 09/20/11 06:55 AM
My summer is officially over. Hello +10 lbs winter weight gain

# 93 CaCHooKa Man @ 09/20/11 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uMadwhitehoes
you might as well upload that full video bro
i am.. im uploading my 1st and 2nd playthroughs. i lost the first one 12-6 because it took a little getting used to and i won the second one by 2.

# 94 Capitol P23 @ 09/20/11 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Digital Dirk FTW! So fun playing w/ him. I mean WOW.
Exactly. I'll finish my association but it will be hard to play 2k11 again.

# 95 fradok @ 09/20/11 07:00 AM
guys ok now the Y button is for the post game but where are the 2k11 Y steps now?

# 96 cc_wuz_here @ 09/20/11 07:01 AM
downloading right now... DROOLING as i read the comments and see the % increase. only 96% 2 go and I can have my 2k12 fix

# 97 dlew15 @ 09/20/11 07:04 AM
the intro still is crazy six games in...man this game is dope.

# 98 Gramps91 @ 09/20/11 07:06 AM
When will demo be available for ps3

# 99 jinxsee @ 09/20/11 07:06 AM
The game is going to be sim players dream can't wait ,them boys a 2k are the real deal. I hope the NFL is watching this.

# 100 mymannemcee @ 09/20/11 07:06 AM
Game 6.

Did another Euro with Butler since I was WIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE open in the court, only had Wade guarding me. Started my Euro early, right before you get into the paint. Instead of it being the typical animation so I could wait out to see the result in 2K11, it IMMEDIATELY gave me a Blocking Foul where Butler actually Euro'd in the other direction and tried tossing it up before losing his balance. Didn't make the And One though, lol.

Saw my first possession that actually made my mouth drop with disgust. In a good way, LMAO. Guarding LeBron with Butler, hands up in his face. LeBron does a nice pass to Bosh. Only problem is Bosh is currently posted up on Kidd. Bosh grabs the ball, doesn't even hesitate, goes right to the right side of Kidd and SLAMS it over him. Jesus...lol

Also tried to lead pass. Dirk was running and bullet passed to him. Thought it was gonna be an easy dunk. THREE people switched over. Got blocked easily. Very nice.

Won by one.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.