Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Hey Everyone,

I’d like to provide everyone with an update on where we are with the two of the main issues with NCAA Football 12. Once I have more information to share, I’ll provide another update.

- No Huddle Issue introduced in title update #2

We’ve identified and fixed the “No Huddle” bug that was introduced in title update #2. Since becoming aware of the issue, we immediately began work on a resolution and this will be released in the next title update. Title Update #3 is currently in our own internal certification process and we’ll provide an update once we make it through the 1st party certification process (Sony and Microsoft).

- Transfer Fails

The team has been working around the clock to identify and address the transfer fail issues that some of you have been experiencing. While we have been successful in addressing many of the transfer fail issues that users who were stuck in “Bowl Week” were experiencing, we are still investigating the other versions of the transfer error. It’s important to let you know that the “Transfer Fail” message is a generic message and could be one of several different issues. We have been reaching out to the community to collect additional information about their Online Dynasties to help us track down and solve these issues. With the number of customizable options available in Online Dynasty, it’s imperative that we get these details in order to replicate the issues. We thank you for your continued support and detailed feedback on the issues at hand.

If you are experiencing a transfer fail issue, and have not done so already, feel free to provide us with the following information here in this thread:

Name of Dynasty:

Console:

Gamertag/PSN ID:

Commissioner's Gamertag/PSN ID:

Number of users in Dynasty:

Exact week/spot where you are stuck:

Date & Approx time of your last transfer failure error (Please try again and provide the info if you don't remember):

When it is failing? (For example, is it when you're trying to upload a game, a team change, or after advancing a week? If it's advancing a week, can you include whether it is when you're advancing to or from your week. For example, advancing to week 7.):

Any special settings in your dynasty (Custom Playbooks, TeamBuilder,
Coaching Carousel, Custom Conferences):

If you're using Custom Conferences, what changes did you make? (Ex. Turning the Big East into a 16 team league):

Do you/can you provide a video link showing off the exactly what you’re seeing on your console? Visually seeing this is huge for the developers.

Please copy and paste the format above in your response so that it's easy to pass along to the team. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Justin Dewiel, EA SPORTS Community Manager

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 newtonfb @ 09/21/11 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by novadolla
Thanks for the update. Some of these other request in this thread is kind of trifling the guy is giving an update. ya'll posting stuff about custom stadium sounds etc which is not even broken. No wonder they don't post here often.

The vertical routes is a big issue. That play is money all day. They just get behind the DBs and its a td...Def something they need to fix

# 22 stigs007 @ 09/21/11 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonfb
The vertical routes is a big issue. That play is money all day. They just get behind the DBs and its a td...Def something they need to fix
Are you talking any vertical? I've noticed if the slot guy runs a vertical they have a high % of working, but not the guys on the outside.

# 23 newtonfb @ 09/21/11 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stigs007
Are you talking any vertical? I've noticed if the slot guy runs a vertical they have a high % of working, but not the guys on the outside.
The WR is open on the outside online if they are playing bump..which is alot it seems.

# 24 44drob @ 09/21/11 10:43 AM
Nice to see that these problems will be fixed ....

Keep Gaming ...

# 25 warhorseballa06 @ 09/21/11 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigten2011
One thing I have to add is importing draft classes. the prompt right after end of season doesn't make sense and screws up draft class if u save it
exactly man, this killed my first dynasty and i had a hell of a recruiting class that year!! C'mon EA, we dont need to waste time on stuff like that. majority of us who play are adults, not kids so we have other thi
gs outside of games to do. but when we do have fun, we want the BEST experience possible. not raggin, but just speakin the truth

# 26 Eski33 @ 09/21/11 11:06 AM
Awesome news.

A few things I noticed:
-When I save videos in OD, when the game is finished and I exit the game gets stuck. The screen reads that it is encoding the video. Typically you will see a percentage that shows you its progress. This percentage bar never appears. I have to quit game to the console's dashboard then reload the game. Funny thing is all pics and videos are saved.

-Still freezing after 1st downs.

-No huddle with custom playbooks not working

-Uniform degradation isnt prssent on teams wearing white uniforms. Well, not all

-Why are FB's all 1* and a challenge to recruit?

-Why are ATH either a WR or RB where we already have too many highly ranked players in those two categories?

Overall, loving the game. I own the game on the PS3.

# 27 jjsmitty34 @ 09/21/11 11:09 AM
I was wondering if they were going to fix the Depth Chart Problem.

Where it puts in the Overall best player, not the best player at that position.

Please EA, can you help a brother out.

# 28 BadAssHskr @ 09/21/11 11:11 AM
That's awesome! Thanks for staying with us EA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldd
This is Good News!

Glad to see those big 2 issues fixed, however, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me that the Player Tendencies Issue is going to be fixed as well... None of us can play our dynasties until this is fixed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamikris
I second that.Thanks for the update,but please get the tendency issue fixed as well.Thanks

C'mon guys, go play your dynasty already.....

EDIT:

Dewiel, You are probably not the person to ask, but if you do know, is there any Info on the status of the new Dynasty Web Site?

# 29 bad_philanthropy @ 09/21/11 11:14 AM
Glad to hear about this, but I hope there are some other fixes as well.

The player tendency bug with new recruits has already been mentioned -- it's a big one.

-I'd like to see the bug fixed where, if you're a coordinator, none of your televised games count and your school's tv exposure rating drops rapidly.

-Big 10 Championship weather needs to be fixed. As it is now, it's treated as a cold outdoor game when it's inside Lucas Oil Stadium.

# 30 fistofrage @ 09/21/11 11:31 AM
Please fix the Heisman FG logic. Make it the same as All-American so kickers aren't trying 60+ yard FG's all the time with kickers that can't make them.

All-American has great logic, kicks FG's and punts when it should. Heisman needs the exact same logic. Thanks.

# 31 crabcola @ 09/21/11 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
We're aware of all of the issues that you guys are mentioning. Thanks for the feedback. The main focus for this update was letting you guys know that the "No Huddle" issue is already fixed and being sent through our internal certification process now. Once we make it to first party, I'll let you know.

Also, once I have more information to share on the other issues, I'll let you guys know as well.
Dewiel, I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to come on here and give us the update.

# 32 crabcola @ 09/21/11 12:06 PM
You people are pathetic for posting all these complaints in this thread. This was here for one purpose only... to announce which items are being fixed. Yet it automatically becomes a feeding frenzy with the crybabies. AND FURTHERMORE, the developer just said "We're aware of all of the issues that you guys are mentioning," and you guys are STILL spouting stuff off. EA knows what the issues are!! They are trying desperately to fix them, but there has to be an order of importance to work with. Geting everything perfect is just unrealistic. This is an embarrassing place sometimes.

# 33 khaliib @ 09/21/11 12:06 PM
Dewiel,

Since this is on the subject of Improving/Fixing the Game and your popping in and responding to some postings, I want to ask you this...

How can we get what GotMadSkillzson has done with the games inner workings that has made the game play out on an entirely different level?

Manipulating player ratings to levels outside the in-game generated threshold has produced gameplay improvements that many are still asking to be Patched.

His and others findings has changed the game and I was wondering/hoping if there was a way you could have the Dev team look into what he has done here http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=494915 to see if a "Tuner" could be done to have in-game generated players come in at his findings?

The fix for what many are complaining/asking to be fix with Option Teams are "Fixed" with his notations

Offensive QB Pocket is imroved greatly (as we know what causes the OT to ark his blocking)

So much more, but I ask you to just take a look and see if it's worth passing on the Dev team.

Thanks D!!!

# 34 oldman @ 09/21/11 12:13 PM
What about the CPU option defense issue? Has this been addressed?

# 35 C the Lyte @ 09/21/11 12:16 PM
Thank you Dewiel for the update and I look forward to more updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabcola
You people are pathetic for posting all these complaints in this thread. This was here for one purpose only... to announce which items are being fixed. Yet it automatically becomes a feeding frenzy with the crybabies. AND FURTHERMORE, the developer just said "We're aware of all of the issues that you guys are mentioning," and you guys are STILL spouting stuff off. EA knows what the issues are!! They are trying desperately to fix them, but there has to be an order of importance to work with. Geting everything perfect is just unrealistic. This is an embarrassing place sometimes.
I agree here, for the most part. This thread was strictly an update (and much appreciated @ that). Now it's become bugs and glitches part 2. Stay away from "please fix this, did you know about this, etc."

LOL, given some of my recent posts I can't believe I am posting what is above.

# 36 NDAlum @ 09/21/11 12:20 PM
Quote:
I agree with this post and was about to post the same thing.

# 37 BadAssHskr @ 09/21/11 12:23 PM
Quote:
Thank You!

And people tend to wonder why EA developers don't like to make their presence known on the forum.

Than man simply did the forum members a favor by keeping them updated, and in return just gets absolutely drilled for his efforts.

# 38 LionsFanNJ @ 09/21/11 12:36 PM
Cool thanks for the update. Hope they're aware of the locked/missing CPB formations as well. If not i can deal. It'll be cool to make a no huddle team again. Until then i'll continue on my merry pace.

# 39 DJ @ 09/21/11 12:39 PM
I appreciate the update; thanks for keeping us in the loop.

# 40 mdiggitydawg @ 09/21/11 01:00 PM
I sincerely appreciate the update, question for when you release more notes on the update and it's potential fixes. (in fact this information decides whether I and many consumers give up and sell the game...or play on)

Along with the tendencies fix will the new patch address the option bug where the defense stops and it's off to the endzone every time?

Thanks for the insight, and hopefully some answers...I just want to know already...Used to really love this franchise...it's a shame what it has become. My hopes are for these two fixes and real rededication for next year's release.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.