Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Hey Everyone,

I’d like to provide everyone with an update on where we are with the two of the main issues with NCAA Football 12. Once I have more information to share, I’ll provide another update.

- No Huddle Issue introduced in title update #2

We’ve identified and fixed the “No Huddle” bug that was introduced in title update #2. Since becoming aware of the issue, we immediately began work on a resolution and this will be released in the next title update. Title Update #3 is currently in our own internal certification process and we’ll provide an update once we make it through the 1st party certification process (Sony and Microsoft).

- Transfer Fails

The team has been working around the clock to identify and address the transfer fail issues that some of you have been experiencing. While we have been successful in addressing many of the transfer fail issues that users who were stuck in “Bowl Week” were experiencing, we are still investigating the other versions of the transfer error. It’s important to let you know that the “Transfer Fail” message is a generic message and could be one of several different issues. We have been reaching out to the community to collect additional information about their Online Dynasties to help us track down and solve these issues. With the number of customizable options available in Online Dynasty, it’s imperative that we get these details in order to replicate the issues. We thank you for your continued support and detailed feedback on the issues at hand.

If you are experiencing a transfer fail issue, and have not done so already, feel free to provide us with the following information here in this thread:

Name of Dynasty:

Console:

Gamertag/PSN ID:

Commissioner's Gamertag/PSN ID:

Number of users in Dynasty:

Exact week/spot where you are stuck:

Date & Approx time of your last transfer failure error (Please try again and provide the info if you don't remember):

When it is failing? (For example, is it when you're trying to upload a game, a team change, or after advancing a week? If it's advancing a week, can you include whether it is when you're advancing to or from your week. For example, advancing to week 7.):

Any special settings in your dynasty (Custom Playbooks, TeamBuilder,
Coaching Carousel, Custom Conferences):

If you're using Custom Conferences, what changes did you make? (Ex. Turning the Big East into a 16 team league):

Do you/can you provide a video link showing off the exactly what you’re seeing on your console? Visually seeing this is huge for the developers.

Please copy and paste the format above in your response so that it's easy to pass along to the team. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Justin Dewiel, EA SPORTS Community Manager

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 mwjr @ 09/21/11 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
Un****ingreal.

# 62 newefan @ 09/21/11 04:30 PM
i stopped playing this game because of 4 gameplay issues
-physic deffence. i cant even get a 2-3 yard run on good d's because of this .it also makes 3rd downs almost impossible to convert .
-o-line getting jazz hands on some pass plays. this should never happen . i had my LG,LTAND HB all get jazz hands on the same play . got sacked in 2 seconds after i snaped the ball .
-fb blocks the wrong guy .i have seen this happen to often to me
-when throwing to any wr,te,,fb or hb at times it's like their blind . the ball gose right past them and they don't put their hands out even if the ball is at arms lenght or closer . this happens about 3-5 times a game to me and cost me a game because this happend to my hb on a 2 and goal from the 2 yard line.
if you could fix these problems i would start playing this game agian. i know you have alot other things to do so thanks for what you have done.

# 63 Dewiel @ 09/21/11 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDAWG89
Just in case one of the EA devs or Dewiel reads this post:

I emailed my feedback to [email protected] 15 days ago and still haven't received any kind response. Even a general "We're sorry but we're backed up" letter would have been nice since I would have known that my email had been received on your end. In my opinion, and I'm sure there are others that agree, it is not reassuring and even unprofessional that we are encouraged to give feedback without any kind of acknowledging message in return. It isn't fun being kept in the dark like this and I feel like I wasted my time with the email and with this game as well.
All feedback is sent along to the team. We don't respond to every email, but ever piece of mail is read and sent to the proper dev team members.

# 64 H4wduk3n @ 09/21/11 04:46 PM
Dewiel - seems like you're letting us know that you're working on no huddle, but it seems like there may be additional fixes in title update #3?
Or are you trying to get title update 3 out asap with the no huddle fix and any other fixes would have to come later?
Understand you're trying to prioritize community's issues, and we appreciate it!
Could you speak a little about the incoming recruits tendency issue as well - or is it simply too early to know what EA's plan is?
For me at least, "I'm not sure how we'll address specific issue X" is totally acceptable and much better than the alternative silence .
Thanks for posting here!

# 65 BaylorBearBryant @ 09/21/11 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4wduk3n
Dewiel - seems like you're letting us know that you're working on no huddle, but it seems like there may be additional fixes in title update #3?
Or are you trying to get title update 3 out asap with the no huddle fix and any other fixes would have to come later?
Understand you're trying to prioritize community's issues, and we appreciate it!
Could you speak a little about the incoming recruits tendency issue as well - or is it simply too early to know what EA's plan is?
For me at least, "I'm not sure how we'll address specific issue X" is totally acceptable and much better than the alternative silence .
Thanks for posting here!
This is issue number one for me.

# 66 Dewiel @ 09/21/11 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4wduk3n
Thanks for posting here!
We wanted to get the "No Huddle" fix out there as quickly as possible, so Title Update #3 only addresses the "No Huddle" issue. We are still collecting feedback and looking into other issues. This includes the tendency issue. I'll keep you guys posted.

# 67 BaylorBearBryant @ 09/21/11 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
We wanted to get the "No Huddle" fix out there as quickly as possible, so Title Update #3 only addresses the "No Huddle" issue. We are still collecting feedback and looking into other issues. This includes the tendency issue. I'll keep you guys posted.
I'm so glad you guys are aware of the tendency issue. Thank you so much for sticking around these forums Dewiel.

# 68 Sundown2600 @ 09/21/11 05:22 PM
So title update 3 fixes no huddle issue only. Is it correct to say that since this is the 3rd patch (4th patch being unprecedented?) that if other issues aren't fixed via a tuner then they won't be fixed at all?

# 69 Dewiel @ 09/21/11 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
So title update 3 fixes no huddle issue only. Is it correct to say that since this is the 3rd patch (4th patch being unprecedented?) that if other issues aren't fixed via a tuner then they won't be fixed at all?
Nope. We have not made any decisions other than the fact that we are looking into issues. Once I have more info to share, I'll let you guys know.

# 70 Sundown2600 @ 09/21/11 05:29 PM
Quote:
Nope. We have not made any decisions other than the fact that we are looking into issues. Once I have more info to share, I'll let you guys know.
Cool dude hard to argue with that. Thanks.

# 71 Phobia @ 09/21/11 05:36 PM
Justin can you give us some insight into the tuner patch ideas. I and bet others thought this function would be utilized more. I know Fight Night Champion went the other direction and adjusted the game to the point of almost to much. But the football franchises don't utilize this feature very much.

Like for instance, why don't we see a tuner update that tweaks pass defense and psychic AI? Then couple days later another patch tweaking it further? So on across all different areas of gameplay.

Reason I ask this is because while the game plays "so so" out the box it has many areas that could be tweaked to make the game play more realistic to what we see on Saturday and the tuner patch feature is the #1 way of addressing these issues and all of us getting the best playing football game. It just seems only releasing 2 or 3 tuners kinda of sells the tuner patch function short of what it is capable.

Thanks bro

# 72 Dewiel @ 09/21/11 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Justin can you give us some insight into the tuner patch ideas. I and bet others thought this function would be utilized more. I know Fight Night Champion went the other direction and adjusted the game to the point of almost to much. But the football franchises don't utilize this feature very much.

Like for instance, why don't we see a tuner update that tweaks pass defense and psychic AI? Then couple days later another patch tweaking it further? So on across all different areas of gameplay.

Reason I ask this is because while the game plays "so so" out the box it has many areas that could be tweaked to make the game play more realistic to what we see on Saturday and the tuner patch feature is the #1 way of addressing these issues and all of us getting the best playing football game. It just seems only releasing 2 or 3 tuners kinda of sells the tuner patch function short of what it is capable.

Thanks bro
I'll have to find out to be sure man. I could make something up and tell you now, but that's not how I am. I'll see what I can find out as far as our plans in this area and get back to you guys.

# 73 Phobia @ 09/21/11 05:51 PM
Quote:
I'll have to find out to be sure man. I could make something up and tell you now, but that's not how I am. I'll see what I can find out as far as our plans in this area and get back to you guys.
Much appreciated brother!

# 74 jahswill @ 09/21/11 06:09 PM
Quote:
I don't have an update on this just yet, but it has been sent to the team. I'll keep you posted.
I hope that you guys can also fix the online dynasty rating edits saves. The feature allows the commish to edit the other users players ratings but they do not save for anyone other than the commish. They also dont save for the cpu rating edits. Which is really the most important because years down the road you can help the cpu, by giving the option teams scramblers instead of the pocket passers which they seem to recruit.

# 75 Sweed @ 09/21/11 07:30 PM
Quote:
Appreciate you guys looking into the tendency issue and hope it gets fixed. Last years NCAA was the best football game I have ever played with dynasty being a big reason. This years NCAA tops it easily in game play and if not for the tendency issue would now be on the top of my all-time football game list.

Since EA is going with a #3 patch for no-huddle only I can only say that for me a #4 patch with tendency fix is a must if I am to keep playing the game, and I really want to keep playing this great game. Without a tendency fix there is no reason to play dynasty, I can only hope EA doesn't leave this great game in that condition.

Thanks again for keeping us informed.

# 76 HammerOfGod @ 09/21/11 08:08 PM
Give us the ability to edit coach ratings throughout dynasty, so we can keep player ratings down at somewhat normal levels.

# 77 C the Lyte @ 09/21/11 08:19 PM
Dewiel, again, thanks so much for the updates.

No-huddle only being fixed is good, but IMO it is a major let down that that is the only thing being fixed in patch 3...

# 78 LucianoJJ @ 09/21/11 08:48 PM
It's good to see a third patch is on the way. I feel like I have been in "slider camp" for over two months. I took it back to default for a few games, suffered through that experience, then had to just put the game away for a couple of days. I came back, tweaked the sliders and played a nail biter, with Oklahoma against OK State. I made an effort to change my own play calling, and enjoyed the game as much as I have in weeks. Each patch seems to require a time for individual adjustments. Still, this game should have been in better shape when it shipped ten weeks ago.

I'm not going to say "too little, too late." If anything, it's probably too late to sell the game for credit towards another game. I'm going to give Tiburon a chance to make as many fixes as possible to make this game a keeper.

# 79 steelernation28 @ 09/21/11 09:02 PM
Wow! Some communication from EA. 'bout damn time!

# 80 BlingBling19 @ 09/21/11 10:11 PM
This might have been mentioned but can the customs sounds be fixed where once another play is selected or the team breaks the huddle it goes off. It's very annoying having the sounds play during the next couple of plays.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.