Home
FIFA Soccer 12 News Post

For those of you with EA Sports Season Ticket, FIFA 12 is available now for both 360 and PS3 users.

Please post your impressions after playing the Season Ticket early release. If you would like to ask a question about the final version of FIFA 12, please use the Question & Answer thread.

Remember, this topic is for impressions of the game, not comparisons or general discussion of the FIFA series, EA Sports, or anything else. FIFA 12 impressions only, please.

Post deemed to be outside the realm of FIFA 12 impressions are subject to deletion. Thank you for your cooperation.

Game: FIFA Soccer 12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 14 - View All
FIFA Soccer 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bad_philanthropy @ 09/23/11 08:26 PM
Couple of quick impression on PS3

-Can't believe how different the gameplay feels from the demo. It's hard to describe, but it's a much more organic feeling game, and more of a departure from the familiar FIFA feeling in the demo. It's wonderful to finally have some time to be creative in the midfield. I'm very surprised and impressed by the overall feel so far.

-Not seeing the cpu dominate balls in the air as much

-PS3 version looks inferior to the 360 demo version, but it is by no means horrible. Visuals are a little muddier and the colors not as vibrant.

# 22 rickyb316 @ 09/23/11 08:27 PM
Downloading is taking extremely long..anybody having trouble on ps3

# 23 N51_rob @ 09/23/11 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb316
Downloading is taking extremely long..anybody having trouble on ps3
Yes. Been at it since 6:10. Only at 52% with a hardwired connection.

Sent from RedskinNation.

# 24 rickyb316 @ 09/23/11 08:37 PM
Yeah I'm under 30% started at about 620...ughhhhhh

# 25 therizing02 @ 09/23/11 08:55 PM
Quick impressions after 4 games.

World Class
10 Minute halves
Normal Game Speed
Semi Passing, Crossing, and Shooting
Manual Through Balls and Lobs

Lazio 2 Roma(me) 0
QPR 3 Fulham(me) 0
QPR 4 Fulham(me) 1.......Played on Professional Level
Lazio 4 Roma(me) 0

Can't say that it's a lot different than the demo because it's really hard to get a good idea of how game is going to play out with 3 minute halves. That and I don't see a lot of glaring differences from how the demo played.

One thing is certain, and that is that most of us will have to re-learn how to play this game. It's that different from previous versions. The way you attack, defend, etc needs to be different.

The overall pace of the game is so much better than it has been in the past and the game just "feels" right. No more fast break route one sprint fests for 90 minutes.

More later...

# 26 therizing02 @ 09/23/11 09:15 PM
One more quick thing........I'm not good enough to play on World Class

# 27 Holt81 @ 09/23/11 09:41 PM
Watching a cpu vs cpu game here. Argentina vs U.S. and I'm sure what I'm seeing carries over when a human player is in control, the defenders are way to passive when the opposing team is within 15 feet of your goalie. When there is a player standing within 15-20 feet in front of your goal with the ball, you go right after that guy with the ball, you can't be standing there, 8 feet away from the guy with the ball whos in front of your goal, just staring at him.

That's the only glaring thing I see. I notice there are sliders as well. Wonder if anyone has messed with the sliders yet.

# 28 Salhus @ 09/23/11 11:00 PM
I'm very impressed. Only played a handful of games, so don't have much to report.

Main noticeable differences from last years version is that I actually have to concentrate on playing defense and winning the game! Last year, my only focus was scoring. It was so easy to dominate possession. Not this year. Can't wait to start a career mode

# 29 Bama_Fan_79 @ 09/23/11 11:48 PM
for all those that are taking forever to download on ps3, mine was stuck on 200 minutes so I started over and it only took 70 minutes.

# 30 ajs41072 @ 09/23/11 11:50 PM
I played 5 games online, and it's probably my inability to play defense or me picking non Barcelona teams, but i'm finding this to be too arcadey. I've had wide open games where teams are scoring 3 goals a game. Guess I just have to get used to playing contain defense.

# 31 Maxflier @ 09/23/11 11:53 PM
My only complaint so far is that after you play a match with your VP and go back the the home screen, it doesn't tell you exactly which achievements you got that match. It only says the category each was in. Might sound nitpicky but I always liked being able to see exactly which ones I got during a match.

# 32 kelvinmak @ 09/24/11 12:00 AM
Anybody having trouble downloading off of PS3? I downloaded the file three times now and all three times gave me dreaded "error occurred during installation" message when it tries to install. (Needless to say, it's doing wonders to my bandwidth limit for this month)

# 33 TheGipper86 @ 09/24/11 12:08 AM
Some quick PS3 impressions:

Gotta agree with what's been said, feels better than the demo. Can't quite put my finger on it, but it's true, it really does feel and play better.

Also, difficulty tuning. I rarely won on the demo on Pro. Maybe with PK's. Played one Pro game and won 3-0. A couple of semi-pro games have been won 6-1ish. With the demo, I felt like once I put it on pro, I was probably going to lose. Will have to keep playing to see if this trend continues

Minor complaints with the head to head seasons that should sort out once everyone gets online. I can't find anyone to play against when I'm picking an MLS team, yet the system assumes that when I pick the US national team, that someone who picked Barca is close enough in skill. Don't get me wrong, I do love my USMNT, but...this is not close. Again, this problem should sort itself though once more people get online.

Still having trouble with defenders not closing and looking like 'tards standing while an attacker carves them like swiss cheese. It seems to be less than the demo, so there's a plus at least.

I'll continue playing today, and throughout pretty much all day tomorrow. Any questions? Just ask.

# 34 Altimus @ 09/24/11 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinmak
Anybody having trouble downloading off of PS3? I downloaded the file three times now and all three times gave me dreaded "error occurred during installation" message when it tries to install. (Needless to say, it's doing wonders to my bandwidth limit for this month)
Try this:

http://community.us.playstation.com/...art=0&tstart=0

I believe it's restore file system. It should tell your PS3 files are corrupt. It will restore it and hopefully you'll be good to go. You don't lose any saves or files in the process. You might just lose your background to the default one.

# 35 kelvinmak @ 09/24/11 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Try this:

http://community.us.playstation.com/...art=0&tstart=0

I believe it's restore file system. It should tell your PS3 files are corrupt. It will restore it and hopefully you'll be good to go. You don't lose any saves or files in the process. You might just lose your background to the default one.
Thanks. Does that mean I'll have to redownload after restoring the system? I can't seem to find the 6GB file I downloaded (the installation file, I suppose?) anywhere on the system.

# 36 Altimus @ 09/24/11 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinmak
Thanks. Does that mean I'll have to redownload after restoring the system? I can't seem to find the 6GB file I downloaded (the installation file, I suppose?) anywhere on the system.
It should be there before and after doing it. Either way it looks like you'll have to download again.

# 37 kelvinmak @ 09/24/11 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
It should be there before and after doing it. Either way it looks like you'll have to download again.
That's what I thought. Thanks.

# 38 Tomba @ 09/24/11 01:37 AM
OK...

I just got scored on by Inter Milan(me AC Milan) and when Inter Milan went up ahead on me by 2 goals the goal scorer raised up his hand and made a peace sign signaling that he just went up by two goals!

Absolutely unreal

The commentary ebbs and flows with this game. Im hearing so many new things as well.

This is the kind of game you play with someone else because the gameplay is all about two players EVEN THOUGH the CPU very fun to play against

AND I LOVE the fact we have sliders working on a slider set now for everyone!

# 39 electrickeeper @ 09/24/11 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
The commentary ebbs and flows with this game. Im hearing so many new things as well.
You guys should play with Fulham and make sure John Arne Riise gets the ball, today (Sept. 24) only though.

Spoiler

# 40 RoyceDa59 @ 09/24/11 02:20 AM
My impressions, I played 5 complete matches with tweaked sliders 9min matches on Pro and World Class with 1 match on 10mins. Quick rundown on scores.

Arsenal (me) 0-3 Chelsea
Feyenoord (me) 1-2 AZ
Valencia CF (me) 1-1 Malaga CF
Bayern Muchen (me) 1-5 Manchester City
Chelsea (me) 1-0 Manchester City

First thing first I can say is I like the game for what it is but there is something missing to me IMO. I'll just run off the things I noticed: the Player impact to me is a Hit or Miss sometimes in the games I played in. You will see some amazing collisions in this game and then see one that can give you a slight disadvantage or advantage.

One example: I was dribbling down the wing with Mata and Micah Richards starts to jostle with him. Micah attempts to swipe at the ball and miss while Mata is running only to go completely limp falling onto Mata and Mata just pushes him off like he was paper and keeps on running. I feel the Player Impact Engine ignores strength at times and you see some questionable animations and supposedly "weak" players taking out stronger players and making them fling. Overall, Player Impact Engine still needs tweaking it is not quite there yet but it has potential.

Next, I tweaked pass error for CPU to about 30 (default is 50) even when doing this I still feel like pass is to perfect the CPU only because.......you can't tweak through passes, crosses and lobs which I feel are deadly accurate at times. In my Feyenoord-AZ match I watched the CPU split the D with some Xavi-Pirlo esque passes. Also, spacing is still an issue for teammates I still need to see if it be fixed more, it is better than the demo but defender is really hard at times because of this which leads me to the response of your teammates.

A lot of time I feel your teammates do a lot of ball watching and the react quickly enough to what is going on or loose balls. It is frustrating at times because it can make or break a goal or a clearance. Another thing is there is less emphasis on wing-play but it is still there but it is not as bad as the demo is, teams still do push the ball quickly but I am noticing some build up play at times. I can say that you can notice the different in skill level in players, even though some players turn on a dime.

Shooting feels lovely in this game as you can really weight on some shots and I also notice players shooting from outside the area. In my games against Chelsea and Man City players were ripping shots from range like crazy, none of them went in but the attempts are nice. A few last things, I do feel like teams do play somewhat differently, not on the level of the other game IMO but I get the feeling I want more out of teams I played. I have seen all the teams I played attack the same way at some point in a match. Players can sometimes get into box and just dribble around in the box and take forever to pass or shot it even when they are not marked or even one on one.

I also notice that the midfield battles is still somewhat of the weak part of the gameplay, most of the action happens on the wings and you don't see much going on in the middle of the pitch unless a tackle is made and a team ever so often decides to go on a counter from there, other than that I am still struggling to see the variation in tactics and strategy in the games I played, maybe I need to play a little bit more, we shall see. As for defending, I am not sure if I can judge just yet all I do now is that it takes some getting use to since your teammates don't pressure well enough on their own, you have to force them. However with sliders you can get the CPU opponent to apply some decent pressure. A big negative for me though is serious lack of fouls, the game REALLY needs a foul slider. I can hardly remember any fouls as with Handball setting on I see more handballs than fouls.

Overall, fun game however it just isn't fully quite "it" for me, whatever that means lol but so far I love the commentary and manual passes is awesome when you get it right and of course the games animations are a real treat for your eyes and weather really affect a match as players move slower and the ball moves slower on the pitch. I can give more impression later after I play with more teams.

EDIT: Also EA Football Club is pretty cool too. I like the challenges, one of them is called the "Comeback Against United" in which they drop you in last weekend Chelsea vs United game down 3-1 at 50min mark as you try to get a result out it in FIFA, nice touch EA.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.