Home
FIFA Soccer 12 News Post

For those of you with EA Sports Season Ticket, FIFA 12 is available now for both 360 and PS3 users.

Please post your impressions after playing the Season Ticket early release. If you would like to ask a question about the final version of FIFA 12, please use the Question & Answer thread.

Remember, this topic is for impressions of the game, not comparisons or general discussion of the FIFA series, EA Sports, or anything else. FIFA 12 impressions only, please.

Post deemed to be outside the realm of FIFA 12 impressions are subject to deletion. Thank you for your cooperation.

Game: FIFA Soccer 12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 14 - View All
FIFA Soccer 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 bad_philanthropy @ 09/24/11 04:21 PM
I'm barely seeing any fouls. It's a bit silly really, as I think I've seen one two free kicks in about five games -- none were anywhere near the goal either. No sliders to adjust fouls, so it looks like set pieces won't play much of a role in the game this year. It's too bad because I'm really enjoying the general gameplay.

# 62 Krebstar @ 09/24/11 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I'm barely seeing any fouls. It's a bit silly really, as I think I've seen one two free kicks in about five games -- none were anywhere near the goal either. No sliders to adjust fouls, so it looks like set pieces won't play much of a role in the game this year. It's too bad because I'm really enjoying the general gameplay.
The lack of fouls is the biggest thing for me right now. EA historically releases one and one patch only in November but it's usually never geared towards gameplay, at all.

So, I have a feeling we might have to live with it.

# 63 Salhus @ 09/24/11 05:21 PM
Has anybody else discovered holding down L1 (PS3) while moving with the ball? It's really tight control and is a great addition. I draw a lot of fouls using it

# 64 JJT @ 09/24/11 05:43 PM
Unless fifa 13 changes the game drastically, It will be 12 for me for awhile.

The games really clean and gorgeous looking.

# 65 RoyceDa59 @ 09/24/11 06:07 PM
More I play this game the more I realize that this is really plays somewhat better with human vs. human and even that is marginally enjoyable for me but even versus other people I notice some weird tackle animations and players flinging themselves, it gives me a good laugh though. I think its a good game for what it is but its not for me. I haven't tried other modes yet but later tonight I will run a career mode with Newcastle United or Feyenoord and see how that is like.

# 66 bad_philanthropy @ 09/24/11 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
The lack of fouls is the biggest thing for me right now. EA historically releases one and one patch only in November but it's usually never geared towards gameplay, at all.

So, I have a feeling we might have to live with it.
Yeah, it kind of sucks right now. The ref seems way too lenient and willing to play the advantage. That said, I feel like this has been a common issue with the series where every other year we default back to the issue with lack of fouls/resultant free kicks. Last year I felt the incidence of both was solid.

# 67 mjarz02 @ 09/24/11 06:29 PM
Love the gameplay and how there are multiple ways to score. You have to work on drawing fouls using L1 or L2... I draw about three a game near the box. Anyone know what is the norm 'should' be?

# 68 rckabillyRaider @ 09/24/11 07:58 PM
is English commentary not available when playing as RM at the Bernabeau? It aint working for me. Only Spanish works.

# 69 blaza @ 09/24/11 08:15 PM
One beef I have is with the speed on some shots. I will hit a ball that looks like it is trickling towards goal, yet the keeper has to make a last ditch dive to save it. I feel like the speed on rips needs to be increased.

# 70 ggsimmonds @ 09/24/11 09:02 PM
I am getting dominated in the air. Most goals I have surrendered have been a result of headers. Playing in the MLS I spent most of my funds improving my backline and they should be the strength of my team.
Seems as if every jumpball the AI wins. Am I doing something wrong or what?

# 71 RoyceDa59 @ 09/24/11 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaza
One beef I have is with the speed on some shots. I will hit a ball that looks like it is trickling towards goal, yet the keeper has to make a last ditch dive to save it. I feel like the speed on rips needs to be increased.
I am noticing the keepers parry soft shots and even missing them, too.

# 72 Krebstar @ 09/24/11 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I am getting dominated in the air. Most goals I have surrendered have been a result of headers. Playing in the MLS I spent most of my funds improving my backline and they should be the strength of my team.
Seems as if every jumpball the AI wins. Am I doing something wrong or what?
Make sure you're using LT/L2 to jockey when the ball is in the air.

# 73 bukktown @ 09/25/11 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Make sure you're using LT/L2 to jockey when the ball is in the air.
Are you supposed to preload the pass or shoot button or try to time it and press it like it was a jump button?

I hope that question makes sense.

# 74 Flightwhite24 @ 09/25/11 08:02 AM
For the guys who are not as familiar with FIFA it would have been nice to include a full manual. The manual only explains a few things.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 75 Sublime12089 @ 09/25/11 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
For the guys who are not as familiar with FIFA it would have been nice to include a full manual. The manual only explains a few things.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
I agree.... I am enjoying the game but it took me awhile to figure out a few things., such as how to use the right stick . Really, I wish they had a tutorial for every part of the game, not just the new defense.

# 76 Flightwhite24 @ 09/25/11 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
I agree.... I am enjoying the game but it took me awhile to figure out a few things., such as how to use the right stick . Really, I wish they had a tutorial for every part of the game, not just the new defense.
The right stick?? What do you use it for??

If anyone has a link for all the moves could you please post for some of the less-skilled?

# 77 coolio83 @ 09/25/11 10:11 AM
downloaded it on the 360. Like it so far compared to 11. Interesting thing that I hope is just bc this is the full download and not the retail disc but when using a custom team with a custom logo the load time takes FOREVER! Also a nice tidbit on commentary I was playing as Fulham and they actually mentioned the statue of Michael Jackson thats outside Craven Cottage.

# 78 ROABS @ 09/25/11 10:16 AM
Quote:

If anyone has a link for all the moves could you please post for some of the less-skilled?
In the main menu go to customize fifa , settings , controls then button help. in there you will see celebrations and skill moves listed. hope this helps those looking to find a moves list.

# 79 Flightwhite24 @ 09/25/11 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROABS
In the main menu go to customize fifa , settings , controls then button help. in there you will see celebrations and skill moves listed. hope this helps those looking to find a moves list.
Words can't express my gratitude. I almost hate asking here on OS anymore.

# 80 Stormyhog @ 09/25/11 12:22 PM
Quote:

The right stick is also used for first touch to nudge the ball ahead.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.