Home
FIFA Soccer 12 News Post

For those of you with EA Sports Season Ticket, FIFA 12 is available now for both 360 and PS3 users.

Please post your impressions after playing the Season Ticket early release. If you would like to ask a question about the final version of FIFA 12, please use the Question & Answer thread.

Remember, this topic is for impressions of the game, not comparisons or general discussion of the FIFA series, EA Sports, or anything else. FIFA 12 impressions only, please.

Post deemed to be outside the realm of FIFA 12 impressions are subject to deletion. Thank you for your cooperation.

Game: FIFA Soccer 12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 14 - View All
FIFA Soccer 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 chelios7 @ 09/26/11 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxflier
Yeah, surely EA would never ignore their customers...
Just ask all the people who haven't been able to play their copies of Fifa 11 online for 2 months now because of EA's server snafu that they refuse to address.
Im not going to blame a games developers if there is a server issue. The FIFA dev team doesnt run the FIFA servers. That is an overall EA issue, not an issue with just that team.

# 102 Krebstar @ 09/26/11 01:08 PM
Quote:
Yeah, surely EA would never ignore their customers...
Just ask all the people who haven't been able to play their copies of Fifa 11 online for 2 months now because of EA's server snafu that they refuse to address.
Let's try and keep the traditional EA bashing to a minimum. As I said above, I've been a huge critic of this game in the past, but they've given us the ability to really make it work this year.

I'm making my guess based on what EA Canada has already publicly spoke about. Are there some things that will be ignored? Of course. However, once the demo was released and the lack of fouls was evident, it was stated that they're aware of it and working on it.

They release a patch usually in November and I happen to believe that they will address this. Especially as it's due to their biggest new feature, the Impact Engine. They said they had to rewrite referee code, which is most likely the cause of the issues. Hopefully they have the time to apply a fix of some kind.

# 103 CarryTheWeight @ 09/26/11 05:40 PM
Played around fifteen games over the weekend and still, zero goals to speak of. Even when playing as Real Madrid against a cupcake Segunda Division team.

I'm slowly getting used to the new "D", which is promising, but I haven't been able to generate any legit offensive pressure. Maybe it's the fact 90% of my crosses were blocked or intercepted or just bad luck (hit the posts and crossbars over ten times now) but I'm going to keep plugging away.

Despite my personal frustration, this is a GREAT game, probably the best in the series. It took me a long time to finally get used to all the changes, but at least there are worthwhile changes (unlike many yearly sports titles and FIFA 11, which I felt wasn't up to par). Definitely looking forward to this on PC, where most of the annoying graphical and framerate issues I had with the PS3 version will end...

# 104 Brandwin @ 09/26/11 05:46 PM
I haven't owned a FIFA game in years, maybe 10 and I think I'll pick this up tomorrow. I had a blast with it over the weekend.

I'll probably trade in my football games for a futbol game.

# 105 sventheone @ 09/26/11 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
Played around fifteen games over the weekend and still, zero goals to speak of. Even when playing as Real Madrid against a cupcake Segunda Division team.

I'm slowly getting used to the new "D", which is promising, but I haven't been able to generate any legit offensive pressure. Maybe it's the fact 90% of my crosses were blocked or intercepted or just bad luck (hit the posts and crossbars over ten times now) but I'm going to keep plugging away.

Despite my personal frustration, this is a GREAT game, probably the best in the series. It took me a long time to finally get used to all the changes, but at least there are worthwhile changes (unlike many yearly sports titles and FIFA 11, which I felt wasn't up to par). Definitely looking forward to this on PC, where most of the annoying graphical and framerate issues I had with the PS3 version will end...
I had the same problem. I worked mainly outside from the flanks and utilized crosses a lot in 11 for my goals. This year with the new defense, I've scored 1 time this way in 20 or so CPU games on pro. I recommend working on the center of the defense and timing grounded and air thru balls to your strikers. Also, work on a few special moves in the arena if you haven't already. I was terrible with this last year. Now I have a cross over in my bag as well as the precision dribbling which seems to help. Cheers.

# 106 J-Unit40 @ 09/26/11 06:45 PM
I am LOVING this game!

My only meaningful gripe is the compete lack of fouls.

I am struggling like heck, but having a blast and getting used to the new defense still and getting better chances to score.

Beautiful game too.

# 107 RoyceDa59 @ 09/26/11 06:50 PM
I kinda got use to defending, I just switched to Legendary recently. However, I still get caught out by players turning on a dime.

# 108 Guffers @ 09/26/11 06:51 PM
I haven't seen a single red card since I've started playing. Now that the AI doesn't seem to slide tackle I can't see how I will ever see one either.

Anybody else have any luck?

# 109 Altimus @ 09/26/11 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffers
I haven't seen a single red card since I've started playing. Now that the AI doesn't seem to slide tackle I can't see how I will ever see one either.

Anybody else have any luck?
I've seen the computer slide. Matter of fact I got taken out a couple times which resulted in a yellow. Rare occurrences. Hopefully a patch fixes this.

As far as a red, haven't seen it.

Sent from my HTC EVO

# 110 ajs41072 @ 09/26/11 09:02 PM
I've only played online, but I was getting killed when I first started, letting up about 3 or 4 goals a game. In past FIFA's, I always would rely on "B" to have a teammate charge the player with the ball. I shuffled the controls around, moving tackle to "A", contain to "RB", and teammate contain to "B". Now, when I press B, a teammate charges the player with the ball but doesn't tackle him, he contains him, and with my controlled player nearby, I'm doing better on defense. I'm just so used to pressing B than RB, so the controller mapping change has helped me. I played a 0-0 game, which I though would be impossible at first.

# 111 ajs41072 @ 09/26/11 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanow
I dont see the appeal in paying £30 for the season ticket to then pay £40 for the actual game.
certainly not for everyone, but it's not just one game you get to play early for your $25, you're getting six games early, so if you play all six, it's about $4.50 per game to play early, not bad at all IMO. if you don't play all the games in it, it's not a good deal.

getting back to the impressions, it helped me figure out a better control scheme before release, so i got a little better at defense in this early period.

# 112 J-Unit40 @ 09/26/11 10:29 PM
I will also add that sliders made this game much better for me as well. On Semi Pro I can typically crush the CPU, but get slammed by the CPU on Pro. With slider edits I really have found a developing "sweet spot" on Pro now.

Thanks to whoever posted their thoughts in the slider discussion.

I just wish we had a foul slider of sorts. Hopefully, a patch/tuner will address that area ASAP.

# 113 Altimus @ 09/26/11 11:14 PM
Unfortunately this game doesn't have turners. Or they're not visible like in the other EA games.

# 114 Guffers @ 09/27/11 02:06 AM
That's a real shame. If this game had a more realistic rate of fouls it would be simply immense. The more I play the more I'm enjoying myself.

# 115 clipperfan811 @ 09/27/11 02:23 AM
Just finished playing my first game. USA (me) Vs Australia 10 min halves, Pro

First impression is Wow, I love the way this game feels. I might find gripes with the game later but you know what, right now I'm just going to enjoy the heck out of this game because it's beautiful.

There's a great pace to the game that just feels so real and right. I notice a nice difference between this and the demo but it's hard to say exactly what it is. The players really do feel like they have a higher level of intelligence both while attacking and defending. I felt like I was actually playing with competent teammates. I like the new defending and you can definitely force a slower tempo by sitting back and letting the offensive players play into a crowded area. If you break from the gameplan and go ball chasing they find the hole.

The dribble animations also seemed smoother than in the demo, I'll check this more as I play but from a first impression I'm ecstatic.

My first goal was via drawing a foul in the box for a Donovan Penalty. So much for not seeing any fouls. My first actual (non-penalty) goal was a nice little sequence of passes from one side to the middle to a cutter from the wing who just barely got by his defender. *I'll post the video in the highlight thread in a sec.

Game ended 2-0 as I was able to dodge a few close calls including a goal that was called back because the player was offsides.

I'm really happy with this game so far

# 116 Shakedowncapo @ 09/27/11 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Most of my playing is verse the CPU.

That's why it kills me that the cpu won't change formation or tactics.

I'm still holding out slim hope that there is something I'm missing.
Aye....The one thing that made Fifa 10 go dull(after the inital wow factor) still hasn't been fixed 2 years later? Guess I'll wait till the 14th :-/

# 117 bad_philanthropy @ 09/27/11 07:39 AM
Right now I actually feel like if EA were to release a patch that only included the tuning of fouls I would be perfectly satisfied.

# 118 slthree @ 09/27/11 10:06 AM
Did the cpu change formation or tactis when behind? Did they drop a defender for an attacker? Did they change shape to push forward?

I could probably live with the lack of fouls but I have to know the cpu will change formations and tactics as needed.

The game does feel good to play, for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipperfan811
Just finished playing my first game. USA (me) Vs Australia 10 min halves, Pro

First impression is Wow, I love the way this game feels. I might find gripes with the game later but you know what, right now I'm just going to enjoy the heck out of this game because it's beautiful.

There's a great pace to the game that just feels so real and right. I notice a nice difference between this and the demo but it's hard to say exactly what it is. The players really do feel like they have a higher level of intelligence both while attacking and defending. I felt like I was actually playing with competent teammates. I like the new defending and you can definitely force a slower tempo by sitting back and letting the offensive players play into a crowded area. If you break from the gameplan and go ball chasing they find the hole.

The dribble animations also seemed smoother than in the demo, I'll check this more as I play but from a first impression I'm ecstatic.

My first goal was via drawing a foul in the box for a Donovan Penalty. So much for not seeing any fouls. My first actual (non-penalty) goal was a nice little sequence of passes from one side to the middle to a cutter from the wing who just barely got by his defender. *I'll post the video in the highlight thread in a sec.

Game ended 2-0 as I was able to dodge a few close calls including a goal that was called back because the player was offsides.

I'm really happy with this game so far

# 119 Maxflier @ 09/27/11 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipperfan811

My first goal was via drawing a foul in the box for a Donovan Penalty. So much for not seeing any fouls.
Play a few more games and see if you still feel that way.

# 120 Krebstar @ 09/27/11 11:08 AM
Quote:
Play a few more games and see if you still feel that way.
That is the issue. One game I'll be fouled three times and win a penalty. The next ten games, I get fouled once at midfield.

We just hit the actual US release, so hopefully after Friday when it's released in the UK we will hear something from EA. They already acknowledged that the demo had foul issues, so at least they're not pretending to not know it's there.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.