Home
FIFA Soccer 12 News Post

For those of you with EA Sports Season Ticket, FIFA 12 is available now for both 360 and PS3 users.

Please post your impressions after playing the Season Ticket early release. If you would like to ask a question about the final version of FIFA 12, please use the Question & Answer thread.

Remember, this topic is for impressions of the game, not comparisons or general discussion of the FIFA series, EA Sports, or anything else. FIFA 12 impressions only, please.

Post deemed to be outside the realm of FIFA 12 impressions are subject to deletion. Thank you for your cooperation.

Game: FIFA Soccer 12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 14 - View All
FIFA Soccer 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 BrianFifaFan @ 09/27/11 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I think at this point we'll only see more cards/fouls with a fix of some kind from EA. The collisions and animations are there, the referee code is not. They said they had to rewrite it all with the impact engine, so hopefully they can tweak it for a patch.
Yeah, the fouls need patched bad! I love so much about this game, but fouls are almost non-existant. I've been straight taken down in the box and nothing.... This is a big deal for me.....

# 142 RoyceDa59 @ 09/27/11 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Yeah, the fouls need patched bad! I love so much about this game, but fouls are almost non-existant. I've been straight taken down in the box and nothing.... This is a big deal for me.....
Same here, it is frustrating, because I see some blatant fouls not called in the box. Like people being clearly shoved down off the ball in and outside of the box. I really hope it is fixed because like you said it is also a big deal for me.

# 143 Krebstar @ 09/27/11 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
It's made even more annoying by the fact that there are some great animations that occur naturally. Several times I've been taken down in the box as well, jad my leg kicked from under me and...nothing.

Other than a few wonky moments here and there, the impact engine is pretty nice. If it were paired with proper foul calls, oh boy...I can only imagine.

# 144 RoyceDa59 @ 09/27/11 05:36 PM
Quote:
It's made even more annoying by the fact that there are some great animations that occur naturally. Several times I've been taken down in the box as well, jad my leg kicked from under me and...nothing.

Other than a few wonky moments here and there, the impact engine is pretty nice. If it were paired with proper foul calls, oh boy...I can only imagine.
Yeah to me it needs tuning because I have seen quite a few laughable moments with the player impact engine. I have seen one where a player was shoved and flew from the goal down to the corner flag.

# 145 younggrease @ 09/27/11 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Yep. EA's been doing this with all of their sports games for quite some time now.
wow. that sucks.

The only EA game I play is FIFA and i usually buy it. Buy IIRC it wasn't like this with last year's version.

# 146 Krebstar @ 09/27/11 06:37 PM
So, 4 MB title update for 360.

I just asked Romily Broad on Twitter if it fixes fouls. My guess is he won't respond.

# 147 KG @ 09/27/11 06:44 PM
Just saw Mata clenching his shoulder. Went to Team Mgmt and he has a bruised shoulder. Pretty cool but I don't remember if he was involved in a collision.

# 148 Krebstar @ 09/27/11 07:53 PM
Romily Broad has responded to my tweet with apparent good news. However, I have not noticed a difference...yet.

# 149 clipperfan811 @ 09/27/11 08:11 PM
Quote:
Romily Broad has responded to my tweet with apparent good news. However, I have not noticed a difference...yet.
Nice! It would be nice to get more concrete details. I know I've noticed fouls being called both before and after that little update this morning but I'd still like to see more.

# 150 KG @ 09/27/11 08:38 PM
Quote:
I played 3 matches and saw 1 foul and 1 advantage. Part of the problem is that you can't get anywhere near close to the ball in the mid-field. It's crazy because the CPU stops and turns on a dime and with the new tackle feature you would expect that there would be more reckless challenges but everyone is waaaayyyy to agile.

I played with Chelsea @ Valencia and the match started out 1-2 within 10 minutes but it settled down. It's still way too easy to get the ball to your ST's/CF's. Most of them play as a deep 9 because of how easy it is to get the ball and take a few dribbles forwards or sideways. I liked how Valencia forced me to break them down in the center. I didn't like how dominant they were in the air. They scored 2 goals off headers where Soldado beasted over Terry & Ivanovic. I also felt like the CPU was a little quicker than me but I'll be honest and say I didn't look at their speed/acceleration ratings.

# 151 Krebstar @ 09/27/11 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I played 3 matches and saw 1 foul and 1 advantage. Part of the problem is that you can't get anywhere near close to the ball in the mid-field. It's crazy because the CPU stops and turns on a dime and with the new tackle feature you would expect that there would be more reckless challenges but everyone is waaaayyyy to agile.

I played with Chelsea @ Valencia and the match started out 1-2 within 10 minutes but it settled down. It's still way too easy to get the ball to your ST's/CF's. Most of them play as a deep 9 because of how easy it is to get the ball and take a few dribbles forwards or sideways. I liked how Valencia forced me to break them down in the center. I didn't like how dominant they were in the air. They scored 2 goals off headers where Soldado beasted over Terry & Ivanovic. I also felt like the CPU was a little quicker than me but I'll be honest and say I didn't look at their speed/acceleration ratings.
I tweeted back and told him I appreciate the response, but I can't tell a difference at all. I'm hoping they release details that something crazy like, if you played the early release, you need to delete FIFA from your machine and then restart all over and blah blah or something. But, that just sounds insane and like it wouldn't do anything.

Release day patch that apparently fixes fouls and it does nothing.

Hopefully they release actual details soon.

So, I just went onto my harddrive and the title update isn't in the FIFA memory, which seems odd as it seems that with this year, EA games have them actually in the memory. For example, on NCAA if you go into the game, you can see 'Title Update #2'.

So, just for the hell of it I'm going to clear my cache and redownload the patch. Ugh.

# 152 younggrease @ 09/27/11 09:02 PM
anyone know how to play quick ranked matches on FIFA 12? cant find it?

# 153 KG @ 09/27/11 09:43 PM
The "Friends Records" thing is pretty cool.

# 154 DallasRocks @ 09/27/11 11:56 PM
Anyone else experience freezing when a player gets injured. Twice this has happened to me today. On a PS3 btw

# 155 bears5122 @ 09/28/11 12:00 AM
Quote:
Yeah, I didn't see a single foul in my first two games and that's post-update.

# 156 EWRMETS @ 09/28/11 12:00 AM
The runs that your AI teammates go on are so much more improved from FIFA. Makes it a lot easier to get scoring chances that aren't from crosses.

# 157 theaub @ 09/28/11 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipperfan811
Playing Barac (Me) vs Real Madrid 10 min halves pro and it's a 1-1 game about 80 min in Madrid gets possession and I just heard the commentators say "it looks like a tactical switch" "they've gone into a much more attacking form, it almost looks like they have 5 players forward" *wording might have been slightly off but it's basically what they said*.

As a side note so far this game has 4 fouls so far which have all come from standing bumps; also 2 others where the advantage was played by the ref. No cards though.
Had the exact same thing. I was Toronto against Vancouver, and up 1-0 in the 82nd, the commentators noted that Vancouver was pushing up more. Since I didn't adjust they had a couple great chances but couldn't find the equalizer.

I'm playing six minute halves on fast and loving the game...outside of the freeze issue I have (I made a topic on it on the homepage). The gameplay is a significant, significant upgrade from '11.

# 158 bears5122 @ 09/28/11 12:20 AM
Yeah, the offensive AI is much improved. You can get a larger variety of goals and I'm actually finally getting some from shots outside the box. The defensive AI is still real bad, but I think it's balanced by the fact you can't really commit fouls. Offense is much more fun to play than in years past where you just sent in a million crosses (although you can still do that).

# 159 clipperfan811 @ 09/28/11 12:30 AM
Head to head seasons online = Digital crack

# 160 MasterX1918 @ 09/28/11 12:36 AM
I just wanted to drop in a say that i'm absolutely addicted to this game. I haven't played FIFA since FIFA 10 but I must say that 12 is incredible, i'm loving it to death. I hope you all are enjoying as much as I am.

edit-FWIW I haven't noticed a shortage of fouls, I like to play really physical and there have been fouls called consistently on both sides, I haven't noticed any deviation from past titles. I haven't played against the AI yet though only human vs human offline games so far.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.