Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K12 Developer Insight #11, featuring Audio Director, Joel Simmons, as he talks about the new audio additions to the game.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Dachozen1 @ 09/23/11 01:30 PM
Wish this game came out sooner

# 2 Goffs @ 09/23/11 01:30 PM
Man that clip sounds good!!

# 3 InRodWeTrust @ 09/23/11 01:36 PM
The draft clips just got me so hype

# 4 alexthegreat @ 09/23/11 01:36 PM
very nice. You gotta give the whole 2K team credit for putting so much work into each aspect of the game. Cant wait for the NBA Today 3.0/Presentation Insight next

# 5 kjjnesb @ 09/23/11 01:38 PM
Simply amazing what the 2k team was able to do in the span of one year just incredible

# 6 dukedude24 @ 09/23/11 01:39 PM
seriously....who cares....what a waste of insight, this is first insight that i didn't waste my time to read it all.

Steve Kerr is terrible, he has no knowledge to the game, makes me wanna puke listening to him.

I remember last season watching the Hawks play, Kerr said the Lakers really miss Josh Powell right now. i was laughing my butt off, Josh Powell was goddamn awful when he was the Lakers, could do absolutely nothing. lol

# 7 Kiss_My_Dimplez @ 09/23/11 01:40 PM
Impressed by how much has been accomplished in a one yr dev. cycle

# 8 etched Chaos @ 09/23/11 01:41 PM
A little disappointed they never touched on whether they had more Myplayer specific lines added this year. Myplayer has always felt a little empty in regards to commentary.

# 9 Goffs @ 09/23/11 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedude24
seriously....who cares....what a waste of insight, this is first insight that i didn't waste my time to read it all.

Steve Kerr is terrible, he has no knowledge to the game, makes me wanna puke listening to him.

I remember last season watching the Hawks play, Kerr said the Lakers really miss Josh Powell right now. i was laughing my butt off, Josh Powell was goddamn awful when he was the Lakers, could do absolutely nothing. lol
so why post?

# 10 Colts18 @ 09/23/11 01:42 PM
Please post the text article. Some of us have jobs with IT departments that are jerks. Meaning no FB.

# 11 coolcras7 @ 09/23/11 01:42 PM
Quote:

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

Did you guess which thing was not like the others?
Did you guess which thing just doesn't belong?
If you guessed this one is not like the others,
Then you're absolutely...right!

# 12 dukedude24 @ 09/23/11 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
so why post?
can't share thoughts??

# 13 Goffs @ 09/23/11 01:45 PM
Quote:
can't share thoughts??
If you didn't bother reading the insight then yeah why share thoughts about not caring for an insight you didn't read....

not a hard concept...

On topic: absolutely love the clips...they even went all out for the old school arenas but no news if they updated whats customizable...i wanted to know if we can finally add foul out music for when a player gets fouled out...

# 14 Low End Theory @ 09/23/11 01:46 PM
Awesome hearing the clips from the older games.. Cant wait!!

# 15 Knickerbocker @ 09/23/11 01:49 PM
Great to hear all the sound is patchable!!

# 16 cavsfan2 @ 09/23/11 01:50 PM
i only wish they made some expansion to custom arena music.. like chossing crowd noises for specific players on the road ( so cleveland can boo lebron, toronto boo vince, etc)

# 17 Goffs @ 09/23/11 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan2
i only wish they made some expansion to custom arena music.. like chossing crowd noises for specific players on the road ( so cleveland can boo lebron, toronto boo vince, etc)
yeah the insight didn't touch up on that area so I'm guessing its gong to be the same as last years...

# 18 dukedude24 @ 09/23/11 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
If you didn't bother reading the insight then yeah why share thoughts about not caring for an insight you didn't read....

not a hard concept...
i did read this insight, just not every little details because i already know what they are about.

my comment was about Kerr, which is related to this insight, so i can post opinion.

not a hard concept either....

# 19 EarvGotti @ 09/23/11 01:52 PM
Mehh, this insight did not impress me. I do commend 2K for the minor changes in audio they made, but it's still nothing substantial IMO.

The draft audio is probably the best thing in this insight, along with the greatest mode audio maybe. That Late Game Clip was pretty much exactly like 2K11, the hell were they thinking?? LOL. Commentators still show little to no emotion after crucial shots, he simply comments on it smh. And the commentary after a game winner is exactly the same as 2K11.

I don't think this deserved a full insight. At this point 2K is just screwing around with us, because they know we want an online insight.

And where is the Controls Video?!?!?!?!?! My gawd, for a company with such talent these guys sure can BS around.

# 20 JSensui @ 09/23/11 01:54 PM
Eh...the late game commentary sounds essentially the same. There's no passion in their voices at all. Not like how it's on TV anyways.

Everything else sounds OK, though.

EDIT: Oh, the new weekly recaps sound pretty cool. Provides a nice little narrative for the season.

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.